Community / Correspondents / Collegedale

Stephan Jaeger owned a substantial individual lead in the NCAA South Central Regional golf tournament as he eyed a birdie putt while playing in the last group on the last hole.

The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga football team has added another transfer to its defense. Former Northwest Whitfield High School all-state player Dean Haynes left North Carolina State and signed with the Mocs on Friday.

From noon until dusk Sunday marks the first Arts in the Park Festival on the "Green.” The girls and I are going and hope to see a good many of you.

• Sept. 9th, 2010  |
  • Comment  |

Last week, I mentioned that the Women's Ministry Group of the Chattanooga Seventh-day Adventist Church is selling a cookbook called "Pleasures from the Good Earth" for $20.

By the time you all are reading this, we will be on our ninth annual trip to Glacier National Park, where the temperatures will hopefully be lower.

Get ready for a loud Sunday evening. It’s the Fourth of July and you know that means kids selling food, the symphony and fireworks all down on the “Green” in Collegedale. Get there early, I’m guessing that we may just break the 20,000 people mark this year since the Downtown Fireworks will be on July 3 and we won't be in competition.

I hope I don't sound like a craggy person when I talk about different bothers here in the ‘dale but, and this is to only a certain few: "How many political signs does a town of 8,000 really need?" I would be the first to put up a sign in my own yard, but I haven't seen any on private property, just in public right-of-ways or on city land. I offer this idea: Let’s all vote for the man or woman who puts up the least amount of obnoxious signs.

A very tired note to some members of community. Please pick up your Garage Sale signs once your sale is over. Leaving them out for weeks is littering, and I am personally starting to believe we should fine folks who leave them out, just as we would someone who throws out a beer can.

So here is the monthly update on the activities of your Collegedale Tomorrow Advisory Board and what it is doing to prepare our town for the coming of Volkswagen.

It is time for the American Legion to have a spaghetti dinner fundraiser again. It is set for Sunday at Collegedale City Hall from 3-7 p.m.

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.