Community / Correspondents / Ooltewah

The P90X Extreme Home Workout seems to be sweeping the Ooltewah area. Neighbors are getting together to do the workout and several churches are sponsoring group P90X workouts during the week. Angie Holley of Ooltewah said she's been doing the workout at her church at 5 a.m.

• Sept. 2nd, 2010  |
  • Comment  |

The Ooltewah Owls kickoff the high school football season at home Friday night at 7:30 p.m. against the Tyner Rams.

• Aug. 19th, 2010  |
  • Comment  |

The James County Historical Society meets Sunday at 2:30 p.m. in the gym at Ooltewah United Methodist Church at 6131 Relocation Way.

If you've watched History Channel lately, you may have come across the shows “American Pickers” or “Pawn Stars.” Both shows deal with antique items and the people buying and selling.

Another auction company is opening in Ooltewah, which leads me to believe the real estate market in the Ooltewah area is on the rebound.

The Ooltewah High School Marching Band is having a car wash Friday at the Ooltewah Bi-Lo. The car wash starts at 9:30 a.m. The OHS Marching Band is a true community treasure. Make sure you take your dirty car to them Friday and let them wash it for a great cause.

There's a real neat business that opened here in Ooltewah.

Everyone has been asking me, now I have the information — the new Waffle House at Lee Highway and Hunter Road opens on July 29. I'll see you there.

The community is buzzing as the completion of the construction on Interstate 24 looms. Officials with general contractor Bell and Associates say the project will be done by July 1, nearly four months ahead of schedule.

If you've ever driven down Snow Hill Road, no doubt you've seen Brooks' Dairy Farm located behind Ooltewah High School.

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.