$: $10 and under
$$: $10 to $15
$$$: $15 and up
Welcome to the second annual edition of Dish, a guide to Chattanooga restaurants. For 2012, more than 200 capsule reviews are featured in these pages.
The listings are abbreviated from our weekly restaurant review in the Current section and from the pages of Dining Out, an advertising section published each Sunday.
In addition, Dish contains a selection of articles written by the Times Free Press Life section staff. Here are some examples:
• Lisa Denton explores side dishes that have become signature menu items at area restaurants.
• Holly Leber talks to local chefs about the art of food presentation.
• Susan Pierce takes a look at "destination desserts" that are worth a car trip, even in this era of high gas prices.
• Barry Courter talks to restaurant regulars who are almost part of the furniture at select local eating establishments.
• Food columnist Anne Braly lists the new and notable restaurants that have opened in the city in the last 12 months.
• Casey Phillips points out 18 local restaurants committed to using locally grown food.
• To suggest a restaurant to be reviewed by the Times Free Press, contact Clint Cooper at ccooper@times freepress.com or telephone him at 423-757-6497.