By Ginny LaRoe
A Chattanooga couple lost their home of 35 years in a morning blaze today.
The residents were not home when the fire broke out at 1604 E. 12th St. at around 11 a.m., officials said.
Firefighters who entered the home to attack flames that had broken through the roof narrowly escaped injury when part of the roof fell, Chattanooga Fire Department spokesman Bruce Garner said.
E-mail Ginny LaRoe at firstname.lastname@example.org
See tomorrow's Chattanooga Times Free Press for full coverage.