Staff Photo by Gillian Bolsover Darlene Brown, an owner/broker with Real Estate Partners, shows the view from the communal area on top of the Museum Bluffs Parkview condos Tuesday. The condos, which are located at Walnut and Second Streets, are nearing completion after about two years of construction.
* Name: Museum Bluffs Parkview
* Location: Between Walnut, Second and Cherry streets, and across Riverfront Parkway from the Hunter Museum of American Art
* Prices: $225,000 to $475,000
* Status: There are 107 units total, 21 remain for sale; the sold units are in the process of being closed; construction is nearing completion on the condos.
* Developer: Windsor/Aughtry Co.
* Listing agency: Real Estate Partners Chattanooga
* Contact: 265-0088
* Sizes: One-bedroom studios available at 930 square feet; the largest available unit is a 1,548-square-foot penthouse
* Parking: The parking garage is in the center of the building, so it does not interfere with the view, said Darlene Brown, broker-owner of Real Estate Partners.
* Other features: Plentiful views of downtown Chattanooga, including the Hunter Museum of American Art and Walnut Street Bridge; courtyards; commercial space available near the entrance to Walnut Street Bridge. Parkview is the second phase of Museum Bluffs — Phase One was Riverside. The building, including modern fixtures and finishes, has a European feel. Features include granite countertops, tile floors, custom cabinets, hardwood floors and ceilings at least 9 feet high.
* Interesting fact: In May 2006, Windsor/Aughtry Co. and Ms. Brown’s team (then with a different company) held the first-of-its-kind auction in Chattanooga. The high-profile auction resulted in their pre-selling 75 condos, drawing commitments for more than $19 million. More than 340 people had registered for the auction, which was held at Hunter Museum. One parking spot came with each condo; additional parking spots were made available at a price of $6,000 each.