* North Chattanooga -- The Chamber meets in North Chattanooga for a luncheon on Tuesday. The topic will be Strategic Planning Focus Groups. It will be at the Chattanooga Theatre Centre, 400 River St., beginning at 11:45 a.m. Lunch will cost $10.
* Networking -- This will take place on Wednesday from 8 to 9 a.m. at the American Red Cross, 801 McCallie Ave.
* Downtown -- The Chamber meets downtown on Thursday with Stephan Cai, general manager of Alstom, as the featured speaker. This breakfast meeting at the Sheraton Read House, 827 Broad St., begins at 7:30 a.m. Cost is $10 for members, $12 for non-members.
* Southside -- The Chamber will have a meeting on the Southside on Thursday with Josh McManus, CreateHere, speaking. It will be at the South Chattanooga Recreation Center, 1151 W. 40th St. The cost of this noon luncheon is $10.
* Reality Check -- The Chamber's school-to-work program that helps ninth graders learn the connection between scholastic success and future income will be Tuesday from 7:30 to 11 a.m. at East Hamilton Middle High School. To volunteer to help present this program, contact Cathy Humble at 763-4321 or email@example.com.
* Decosimo -- Decosimo Certified Public Accountants is hosting a seminar on Tuesday with industry-specific break out sessions to help companies understand the requirements, purchasing, contracting and quality evaluation processes, as well as other qualifications necessary to become a potential vendor or supplier to VW. The cost for the workshop is $495 per person. It will be held in Decosimo's training room in Suite 216 of the Tallan Financial Center. Registration and online payment arrangements for the workshop are available at www.decosimo.com/seminars. Reservations are recommended, as opportunities are limited on a first-come, first- served basis, it was stated. For more information related to the upcoming seminar series, contact Laurie Marson at 756-7100.
* Small Business Orientation -- The counselor at this Thursday event is set to discuss basic business planning including financial projections and legal entity. It will take place from 5:30 to 7 p.m. at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. It is free. Call 756-8668 to register or for more information.
* Family Business Lunch Forum -- This will be held March 10 from 11:15 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Tallan Financial Center. Contact Ed Seaver at 865-386-6248 for more information.
* Business Advice --Free business help is available from members of SCORE, Counselors to America's Small Business, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. every Monday through Wednesday at the Franklin Building, suite 515, 5726 Marlin Road, at Eastgate Town Center. For more information, call 553-1722.