published Sunday, October 31st, 2010

Psycho

about Clay Bennett...

The son of a career army officer, Bennett led a nomadic life, attending ten different schools before graduating in 1980 from the University of North Alabama with degrees in Art and History. After brief stints as a staff artist at the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and the Fayetteville (NC) Times, he went on to serve as the editorial cartoonist for the St. Petersburg Times (1981-1994) and The Christian Science Monitor (1997-2007), before joining the staff of the ...

137
Comments do not represent the opinions of the Chattanooga Times Free Press, nor does it review every comment. Profanities, slurs and libelous remarks are prohibited. For more information you can view our Terms & Conditions and/or Ethics policy.
alprova said...

Now THAT'S funny!!!

October 31, 2010 at 12:10 a.m.
EaTn said...

The "sanity" crowd yesterday at the DC mall overshadowed any of the previous "psycho" crowds with the message that Americans are tired of the negative gloom and doom shouting. The main message was that Americans spend their daily lives, not as liberals nor conservative, but as hard working folks that depend on cooperation from each other and who expect the same from those sent to Washington.

October 31, 2010 at 6:35 a.m.
woody said...

Yup, this one would definitely make the usually somber-looking "Sir" Alfred double over in laughter.

But there really isn't anything funny about allowing a seemingly 'looney tune' fringe element to dictate how a normally rational electorate should act.

Even if 'they' are right, they are wrong....

Waiting for the results, Woody

October 31, 2010 at 7:23 a.m.
Francis said...

" a looney tune fringe".....like the far left of center that obama truly represents?

"depend on cooperation".....sorry, obama has done nothing but antagonize and alienate the moderates and conservatives since he was sworn in. moving far, far, far left as soon as he could. the loss of votes from moderates and independents will cost him his power on tuesday. how long was it before he met with mich mcconnel the senate repbulican leader for the first time after he was sworn in......a year or more?.....

obama is the spirit of lack of cooperation.

it's been his way or the highway...he's not interested in governing, only rulling.

which speaks to his lack of respect for the constitution, the electorate, freedom.

his and other liberals comments such as "those who cling to guns, god and religion"....and "the great unwashed middle of the country"..and " we'll have to pass it in order to see what's in it"...have alienated the elec- torate....for good reason.

obama thought he could get away with saying and doing what he wants because he's barack obama... his arrogance, lust for control, elitism and far left of center views have doomed him...to blame the electorate for being ' turned off by him is delusional.

i would put a silhouette of obama on the other side of the shower curtain.

his attack on the citizens of arizona, his attempt to award constitutional rights to terrorists, his coddling of illegal aliens, his eagerness to slap fines and prison time on citizens for not purchasing a commodity, his turning his back on voter intimidators, his piling on more debt when we can't pay what we owe now, his appointing of someone who woudn't even acknowledge key elements of the declaration of independence to the s suprreme court, his repeated attacks and apologies on his country over seas and at the u.n....etc. etc...etc...

bennett's cartoon epitomizes the over the top criticism of the tea party movement by the media obama and the left..which has fueled their success and made the majority of american's realize how out of touch obama is with real americans.

pure propaganda....

October 31, 2010 at 8:01 a.m.
Francis said...

by labeling those in the tea party as "psycho".....as bennett has just done, is exactly the wrong the thing to do at this time. bennett is out of touch with the way most americans feel right now, as is obama. libs on here can point to incidences of things that have gone wrong at tea pary rallies all they want. but the facts is ..they're far and few between..and it has for the most part been non-violent and focused. if it weren't, it would not be successful at raising legitimate concerns about how we're being goverened. the tea party' movement is not just focused on democrats, but republicans as well. the primary response by liberals and the media to the tea party has been ridicule, stererotyping and label slapping. it's a diverse group of people..very diverse.

you libs poke fun at christine o'donnel, sharon angle, joe miller and other tea party people....and label them as crazy..but you have no idea how bad joe biden, obama, nancy pelosi, barney frank, charlie rangle..etc..etc.. come across...

October 31, 2010 at 8:19 a.m.
GreenKepi said...

Is this saying the ‘Tea Party’ is out to kill Lady Liberty? I see it as this mysterious person creeping up on the Lady as making a statement so as to save our American system of government.

That truth isn’t pretty these days. But it’s what it is. Open your eyes and look for yourself. If you can feel proud about what has happened in the last few years, I don’t understand you.

Who says the government schools and the welfare state don’t work? They work perfectly. They were designed to put the American people into a political coma, and that’s what they’ve done. Americans have been schooled into compliance and complacency and many are just now waking up.

October 31, 2010 at 8:30 a.m.
rolando said...

Excellent 3rd para comment, GreenKepi.

Those systems do indeed function as designed. Thankfully, the TEA Party has poured sand into its finely honed gearbox.

October 31, 2010 at 8:39 a.m.
Clara said...

OH, dear!

It's only about 8:50 a.m., and I'm already leaning to the far "Left".

I'll see how I feel tonight.

October 31, 2010 at 8:51 a.m.
SeaSmokie59er said...

We look forward to a world founded upon four essential human freedoms. The first is freedom of speech and expression — everywhere in the world. The second is freedom of every person to worship God in his own way — everywhere in the world. The third is freedom from want...everywhere in the world. The fourth is freedom from fear...anywhere in the world. Ref: FDR, Message to Congress 1941 (3 and 4 paraphrased)

October 31, 2010 at 9:13 a.m.
fairmon said...

Too far left or too far right and you are off the road and off the Cliff. we may be teetering for sure. Unsustainable debt and spending $5 for one dollar of growth that fails to last is a road to disaster. Failure to allow the private sector to increase demand, capacity utilization, expansion and increased employment is just as disastrous. I have seen no candidate or current office holder provide a viable plan to do so. Neither party truly acts in the best interest of the people. Both parties in their own way increases the size of the dependent society.

It seems congress thinks the economy revolves around the financial sector and big banking and brokerages. Not true, the economy is driven by wealth creating manufacturers that pay decent wages. Politicians and voters confuse the ridiculous management compensation packages approved by a board of directors as excessive company profits. This is not true and those producing consumer staples have only reasonable profit margins but management and government grafts too much of those. They legislatively encourage companies to do business elsewhere. It is not the wage difference that causes jobs to be exported.

October 31, 2010 at 9:21 a.m.
TforTX_TforTN said...

Geez Clay, how about some new material? As much as you feature the Tea Party I might suspect you're a closet Tea Partier yourself. Maybe sneaking into a meeting somewhere, hat pulled down low, dark sunglasses on, mumbling to yourself, 'I hate the Tea Party, I hate the Tea Party', then afterward going home and crying in your wife's arms and telling her it will never happen again.

October 31, 2010 at 9:22 a.m.
fairmon said...

I have attended republican, democrat and tea party meetings. The tea party is not a political party in the normal sense and has no candidate. They did discuss and compare all candidates, including independents, to their principles and the candidates commitment to uphold the constitution. I don't know if they ever endorsed a candidate or not.

I find that each has their extreme element in similar ratios. I actually found the local tea party to be rather reasonable and objective. I did not see the issues discussed much by either party. Campaign strategy and the objective of being elected dominated the conversation at party meetings.

Neither party candidate is impressive. I voted early and voted for Savas Kyriakidis since he best met my personal criteria. Mark Devol should be given serious consideration also.

October 31, 2010 at 9:40 a.m.
mkelley said...

TforTX_TforTN why get new material? The teaparty just keeps giving us fodder for laughter.

October 31, 2010 at 10:51 a.m.
woody said...

Can't blame "Lady Liberty" all that much. Usually, after hearing about people being 'stepped on', Palin's latest 'poll numbers', or reading something written here by "Francis The Foul", I too feel the need for a hot shower....

Keep it clean, Woody

October 31, 2010 at 11:01 a.m.
crimshaw said...

What's trully funny is how people over and over try to get you Consumers to finally take a stand and stop being controlled BUT you just giggle and laugh and stay under the governments control. As far as the Tea Partiers, what a joke they couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper sack. All they want is to meet so's they can wear the t shirt.

" To restore constitutional order we must all actively participate in a “cultural transformation”, meaning that the woes of American society fundamentally stemmed from a cultural–not political–breakdown; that a lack of personal virtue, faith in a higher power, and personal responsibility is the root cause of our social, economic and political malaise; that we must return to those core American principles which shaped who we once were as a people before the social engineers and neo-Marxists took over."

October 31, 2010 at 11:03 a.m.
crimshaw said...

A+ to Clay.

October 31, 2010 at 11:07 a.m.
blackwater48 said...

If you are gullible enough to believe the Tea Baggers are for "We The People" you've either been guzzling Fox News Kool-Aid, lost every shred of common sense, or both.

You probably think Obama has raised taxes. He hasn't. The stimulus bill contained the largest middle class tax cut in history. You're not alone. Only about 10 percent of Americans know that, but it's not too late. Open your eyes and clean the crap out of your ears.

You probably think the health care bill is just 2,000 pages of socialism that will explode the national debt. It won't. According the Congressional Budget Office, the bill will actually reduce the debt by $143 billion over the next ten years and eliminate your risk of going bankrupt to pay your medical bills.

You probably hate how Obama has created a financial watchdog agency to prevent Wall Street bankers from ripping us off again.

You probably think the GM bailout didn't save 1.1 million jobs.

Obama has spent the last year and a half trying to deal with an economy on the brink of catastrophic depression while dealing with two wars.

Am I thrilled with the job Obama has done? No. I'm a conservative at heart, but the Country is in better shape now that it was two years ago. Putting Republicans back in charge again would be stupid on an epic scale.

This phony outrage funded by corporate supported right wing nuts is being swallowed by enough gullible voters to send us right back to Bush economics 2.1.

When Republicans take over and America starts to circle the drain again, I look forward to your continued outrage and disdain for "out of touch" Washington.

But I'm not holding my breath. Enjoy the Kool-Aid.

October 31, 2010 at 11:31 a.m.
OllieH said...

GreenKepi writes, "Who says the government schools and the welfare state don’t work? They work perfectly. They were designed to put the American people into a political coma, and that’s what they’ve done. Americans have been schooled into compliance and complacency and many are just now waking up."


If this is an attempt to show that you, along with the Tea Party mob, is NOT a bunch of conspiracy nuts, I'm afraid it accomplishes just the opposite.

October 31, 2010 at 11:52 a.m.
hambone said...

I'm reminded of the old saying,

"be careful what you wish for"

The GOP wants back in power. Why? So they can better America? Or better serve their corporate masters? With the power comes responsiblity and also the blame.

"be careful what you wish for"

October 31, 2010 at 1:31 p.m.
acerigger said...

Note to voters, when you wake up Wed.morning, Obama will still be president,and the "newbies" who might have won seats,will be getting their marching orders from the corporates, and being shown which side of the bread has the butter.

October 31, 2010 at 3:35 p.m.
AndrewLohr said...

Liberty's afraid of lower taxes?
Afraid of lower spending? Afraid of balanced budgets?
Afraid of getting rid of silly regulations? (I heard a new one Thursday: if we wanted to finance windows, we'd have to arrange it in advance instead of being able to decide later.) Afraid of an honest accounting of stimulus money, since every stimulus dollar spent at point A was taxed or borrowed or printed at point B and thus non-spent there? Positive stimulus at point A, but negative stimulus at point B; totally worthless overall. Afraid of the diversity and competition in the business sector as opposed to the one monstrous federal government, the biggest and brokest corporation in the world, a hundred trillion in unfunded liabilities? (Look, the effort to equalize money by political force requires a non-equal Equalizer. To equalize radically requires Stalin; to equalize less radically requires the IRS. Egalitarianism thus tears itself apart.) Repent and turn to King Jesus Christ, who is rather libertarian. www.youtube.com song: "Are we better off now than we were two years ago?"

October 31, 2010 at 4:06 p.m.
rolando said...

It is no wonder Lady Liberty is washing herself...she is cleansing away all those years of political party filth, corruption, free-spending, and total disregard of that for which she stands.

She is not frightened of losing her bonds...she looks forward to it. It happened once before in Boston Harbor...and led to her birth.

October 31, 2010 at 5:06 p.m.
fairmon said...

I am still trying to find the middle class tax break I supposedly got. If I did the city took it away with their increased property, sewer, storm water run off fees plus a few other "modest" increases. I used to think I was on a fixed income but I am quickly learning it is not fixed at all but a diminishing monthly amount. I will no doubt at some point join the growing number of government dependent citizens.

The tea party may be a group of nuts, I don't know but, I am sure they are no nuttier than either established party.

October 31, 2010 at 5:14 p.m.
blackwater48 said...

Congratulations Andy, rolando, and Harpo!

You're opinions are clearly supported with irrefutable opinion, demonstrating that the Kool-Aid is laced with novocaine and LSD, along with equal parts mythology and petroleum.

(See? Opinions don't really advance the political dialogue...)

Rant on, boys. After the election you can lead the cheers as Republicans perpetrate the total destruction of the United States once and for all.

Vote Republican! Let's get it over with!

October 31, 2010 at 5:34 p.m.
Francis said...

ace..you're naive and ignorant...if you think obama is not a corporatist....he's in with the ones that go along with him. obama, the media and you libs have overreached and have aliented most americans with your over the top attacks on ordinary working americans who do not feel comfortable with obama's bizzarre, elitest and control freak agenda. mr. bennett's creepy cartoon is an exclamation point on the statement you libs have been making.

to label tea party people, and anyone who opposses obama's agenda, as psycho,or crazy or stupid...as bennett has done often, speaks to you liberals' inability to tolerate free speech, oppossing views and lack of empathy.

October 31, 2010 at 6:45 p.m.
hambone said...

Francis is off his meds again!!

October 31, 2010 at 7:17 p.m.
sd said...

Fran reminds me of canary. There are probably pearls in there somewhere, if you care to dig. (Too bad life is so short.)

Here's the thing.

The stupidity of a person's argument is often directly proportional to the number of times the phrase, "You (plural noun)_," is uttered.

Play madlibs and fill in the blank: you liberals, you conservatives, you whites, you blacks, you Christians, you Muslims, you pod people, etc.

Just an observation.

October 31, 2010 at 10:17 p.m.
fairmon said...

blackwater if any thing I posted led you to believe I would vote republican I do apologize for such poor communication. The same applies for Whiny Wolfe.

Local party leadership and those voting in the primaries didn't give the 3rd district anything worth voting for. I refuse to keep voting for what may be the lesser of two bads. I don't have much but I will just hide it and get behind a log and hold on. Regardless of which party wins the stuff will hit the fan soon.

October 31, 2010 at 11:25 p.m.
acerigger said...

Fran,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,your ignorance is astounding!

October 31, 2010 at 11:40 p.m.
blackwater48 said...

To harp3339, I am very sorry for lumping you in with rolando and andy.

I'm not very familiar with your local politics. My wife and I vacation in North Georgia where the TFP is available on Sunday. I was a little surprised to see Clay's cartoons because back in 1983 i reviewed books for the newspaper where Mr. Bennett served as editorial cartoonist.

Anyway, a politician's first priority is re-election. Sometimes it's difficult to see a reason to offer either party encouragement in the form of voting.

I promise to read your comments more carefully.

Francis, you're still a monarchist, and andy, you're still a theocratic socialist.

And I mean that in the best possible way.

November 1, 2010 at 12:29 a.m.
alprova said...

AndrewLohr wrote: "Liberty's afraid of lower taxes?"


Are you suggesting that the Democrats are against lower taxes, for anyone who makes less than $200,000 a year?

If so, then please quote one Democrat who has stated that they would not vote in favor of renewing the Bush tax cuts for all those who do make less than $200,000.


"Afraid of lower spending?"


And what would Republicans cut? Who's went on record stating EXACTLY what they would cut in terms of spending?


"Afraid of balanced budgets?"


Any proposal to balance any budget until the current economy of this country fully rebounds is a categorical lie. It cannot be done, unless the Republicans want to have dead bodies on the streets of this nation on their hands.


"Afraid of getting rid of silly regulations? (I heard a new one Thursday: if we wanted to finance windows, we'd have to arrange it in advance instead of being able to decide later.)"


Andrew, you can't be serious. Maybe you're not explaining it correctly. Whoever heard of having windows installed without payment for them being arranged for in advance, if your intention is to finance the purchase?

No one is prohibiting you from paying for your windows and then seeking to finance the purchase from the financing source of your choosing, after the fact, and setting them up on the easy payment plan.


"Afraid of an honest accounting of stimulus money, since every stimulus dollar spent at point A was taxed or borrowed or printed at point B and thus non-spent there? Positive stimulus at point A, but negative stimulus at point B; totally worthless overall."


Again...a very vague statement. What are you referring to as having been "worthless?"

• CBO: Between 800,000 jobs (low estimate) and 2.4 million jobs (high estimate) saved or created.

• IHS/Global Insight: 1.25 million jobs saved or created.

• Macroeconomic Advisers: 1.06 million jobs saved or created.

• Moody's economy.com: 1.59 million jobs saved or created.


"Repent and turn to King Jesus Christ, who is rather libertarian."


I would love to read any post you would offer, that would begin to offer to justify your assertion that Jesus is a Libertarian.

Have the courage of your convictions, and for once, rise to the challenge of backing up what you write.

November 1, 2010 at 2:53 a.m.
woody said...

O M G!! I'd have sworn I was reading something left by the "Neighborhood Crazy" Francis..and then I get to the bottom and find Rolando's name.

Well, Ro..are you happy?? You've made it all the way to the bottom. When first I began reading your posts here, I knew you were devout Conservative. I can understand that..I can even appreciate it, to a degree.

However, when you start writing like Francis you need to step back and take a long hard look at exactly what you think you believe in. I can handle it, if, in the wisdom(?) of the electorate, we are treated to overall gridlock for the next two years. But if all those 'newbies' are of the same mind as you seem to be of now..then now I am truly afraid of our future.

Contemplating, Woody

November 1, 2010 at 6:49 a.m.
rolando said...

Here's another for you, woody...

"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left."

-- Margaret Thatcher

Try that one on for size in your [smoking] pipe...

Have a xxxxxx day [fill in the blank].

November 1, 2010 at 7:19 a.m.
lkeithlu said...

"PS - Hey woody, I am still batting zero on the Lid-Progs' goldstar list...Thank God."

You're seeing stars again. That explains the bizarre posts. I think that there isn't total separation of your multiple personalities, particularly between you and Francis. Your asking anniebelle on another thread for "proof" when what she referenced was the Bible was particularly funny.

November 1, 2010 at 7:32 a.m.
woody said...

Rolando..with all due respect to the former British leader, I gave up smoking 20 years ago.. so I think I'll pass, but it appears as though you may have been 'toking' enough for the both of us as evidenced by some of your more recent writings.

Question..What the heck is a "Lid-Prog??" Never mind the "gold star", I believe I understand that one.

Lastly..lkeithlu I haven't faintest idea what you are referring to. True I have slept a few times of late, but I have no recollection of asking anniebelle nor anyone else, for that matter, for "proof" regarding biblical passages.

However, I am glad you got a laugh out of it, for whatever reason. I am here to serve in whatever capacity....

On to other things now, Woody

November 1, 2010 at 8:23 a.m.
BobMKE said...

Rolando,

"10 Reasons to Vote Democrat, November 2, 2010."

GREAT GREAT GREAT POST. Notice how they rip you (and others) but they don't address the post. Woody and the others, what is NOT TRUE in Rolando's post? He nails it.

November 1, 2010 at 8:23 a.m.
Musicman375 said...

Woody, Lib-Prog...Liberal-Progressive. Surely you jest. Anyway, I think lkeithlu was talking to Rolando about the Bible reference. It's funny how you have been taking so many personal stabs at people lately. Wait, I mean, it's annoying how you have been taking so many personal stabs at people lately. I used to look forward to your posts due to your objectivity, but that has all but gone away. Maybe you will stop being so childish and crying about people and start focusing on addressing the topics at hand again. Then again, maybe you've had enough of being objective. You are starting to sound like a democratic talking head. I miss the old woody.

Hoping for the best. :)

November 1, 2010 at 8:47 a.m.
alprova said...

It's easy to understand why Rolando worships Mike Adams. Like Adams, Rolando is a CHINO. What's a CHINO? A Christian in name only. I don't use the term loosely or without reason for doing so. Adams proves it in his writings, as does Rolando on this site in his posts.

What you will not find in the brief biography written by Mike Adams, is any declaration to the true leanings of the man.

Adams clearly is homophobic and a misogynist, who was denied tenure in 2006 at UNC for his bigoted views that have found a following on Town Hall, an online publication that attracts fellow bigots, conveyors of misinformation, conjecture, and liars.

Adams filed a lawsuit in April of 2007 against the University Trustees for being denied tenure, claiming that as a "Christian" he is being persecuted for his views, that are protected by the First Amendment to the Constitution.

That lawsuit was denied by a Federal Judge in March of 2008. Appeals have been filed but have gone nowhere to this day, despite the assistance of three Conservative legal strategists that have been working on his behalf. The last effort to appeal the ruling was filed this past July.

The man has additionally claimed that the reason he was denied tenure is due to the fact that when he was hired, he was a "Democratic atheist," and as such, his conversion to Christianity made him feel he is no longer "welcome" at the University.

Mike Adams is as believable as a self-proclaimed Christian, in my opinion, as Alex Jones represents and seeks the realistic truth to all things 9/11.

1st Amendment rights never guaranteed anyone that they would never suffer for openly expressing their opinions, as Mike Adams has found out the hard way.

To whine about those who do not welcome his commentary with open arms, will never make him or anyone else on that bandwagon any less pathetic.

November 1, 2010 at 10:03 a.m.
lkeithlu said...

Sorry woody! I was referring to an exchange between anniebelle and rolando, not you. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

November 1, 2010 at 10:44 a.m.
whatsthefuss said...

I remember someone a while back offering up free beer if the election goes to the Republican side. I am not predicting anything but just in case it does I would like to know where this event will be held and what time to show up. Always follow the 6 P's.

November 1, 2010 at 11:14 a.m.
alprova said...

BobMKE wrote: "Notice how they rip you (and others) but they don't address the post."


Permit me to step up to the plate. It's now my turn at bat.

~~~~~

"10 Reasons to Vote Democrat, November 2, 2010."

1.) "If you are NOT paying enough to Heat or Cool your Home - Vote Democrat."


Although this is not Rolando's creation, I will assume that this is a poke at Cap & Trade. Cap & Trade was taken off the table a year ago and will likely be amended if it is revived in the future, due to such concerns.


2.) "If you are NOT paying enough for Health Insurance - Vote Democrat."


For those who buy insurance on their own, the average premium would go up by between 10 percent and 13 percent. Why? Because the benefits in this non-group market would improve. Plus, 57 percent of those in this market will get federal subsidies — the extra money will entice them to buy more expensive plans than they normally would, says CBO.


3.) "If you are NOT paying enough for Groceries - Vote Democrat."


2009 & 2010 have been documented as years with provable records of deflation. Prices have decreased on those things that we all NEED, including food.


4.) "If Gasoline Prices are too Cheap - Vote Democrat."


Isn't it amazing that since the Democrats have been in charge of our legislative process, that there have been no sharp spikes in gasoline prices, and that they have been rather steady over the past 23 months.

Despite prices where they are currently, it's a far cry from the $4.50 a gallon weeks we experienced when the markets began going postal.


5.) "If you are NOT paying enough Taxes - Vote Democrat."


Not one American has paid any increased percentage in income taxes since January 2009 at the Federal level. In fact, taxes dropped for everyone. Payroll taxes were reduced. Stimulus funds were used to distribute rebates to most all taxpayers in 2009. No one can disprove these simple facts, no matter how hard they try.

November 1, 2010 at 11:42 a.m.
alprova said...

(cont.)

10.) "If you want Congress to pass bills before reading them - Vote Democrat."


One Democratic politician honestly admits on camera to not having read all of the 2,000 pages contained in the health care bill, and instead depends upon his support staff to inform him of what is contained in it, just like every other legislator does routinely, and no Democrat ever reads any legislation...right?

How many Republicans likely did not read the bill in it's entirety? Many I'm sure.

November 1, 2010 at 11:45 a.m.
woody said...

Musicman375..just so you know..First fo all I know what "Lib-Progs" are..it's "Lid-Progs" I was not familiar with.

And, just so you will understand I do have to make things up, here is a copy of what Rolando wrote which inspired my question... PS - Hey woody, I am still batting zero on the Lid-Progs' goldstar list...Thank God. Username: rolando | On: November 1, 2010 at 6:59 a.m.

Now as far as my being "childish", "attacking", and or a "crybaby"..I'll admit I've been having 'fun' with Francis and a few like him of late, but as for my remarks about Rolando are concerned I'll bet he'll be the first to say he really enjoys a good argument..if not we'll both survive despite our differences.

However, it has been very apparent Only I have (among the group I have been speaking of) stated to date I have no problem living with the outcome of tomorrow's vote, no matter which way it goes. I'll bet you couldn't get that positive of an answer from the rest.

lkeithlu..Once again.."no worries", as Dundee would say. We be mates.

Still fairly objective, Woody

November 1, 2010 at 11:45 a.m.
rolando said...

So I hit a "d" instead of a "b". Jeeesh. Did it REALLY leave you guessing?

Musicman is right, woody. You ARE getting a mite pecky.

Madam Thatcher's comment is still quite true. So are the cited Top Ten Reasons to Vote Democrat.

I put "smokin" in there because I didn't want you thinking I meant some kind other pipe...which I didn't.

And, for the record, some of your comments about Francis have hardly been "having fun". But perhaps the other Lib-Prog's [that's with a B] comments got to you...that ever-expanding search for goldstar-seeking peer approval can be deadly.

In any case, that isn't the old you. Now EaTn seems the only courteous, non-vitriol soaked one left on your side.

November 1, 2010 at 12:06 p.m.
ash said...

I don't see a knife anywhere... maybe he's just wanting to help her get to one of those hard-to-reach areas... Perhaps to cleanse the moonbat dingleberries from her bum?

November 1, 2010 at 12:11 p.m.
Musicman375 said...

haha, I didn't even notice the 'd' in that, woody. Sorry for missing it before.

November 1, 2010 at 12:25 p.m.
rolando said...

Good one, ash.

Some people just look for typing errors, Musicman. woody usually isn't one of them.

November 1, 2010 at 12:27 p.m.
whatsnottaken said...

Yawn

November 1, 2010 at 12:38 p.m.
Leaf said...

Man, people need to learn the definition of the words left and right, libertarian and totalitarian, communist and fascist, and liberal and conservative.

There's not just one scale with Obama hanging off the left side and Palin on the right. Then there's fiscal conservatism and social liberalism and a whole bunch of issues that don't even lend themselves to picking one of two choices.

The world is not black and white, or blue and red. It's ridiculous to claim that Obama is a communist or Bush is a fascist, and anyone who starts out their post with such a claim shows they are D-U-M, dum.

November 1, 2010 at 12:56 p.m.
eeeeeek said...

it's spelled dumb

November 1, 2010 at 1:10 p.m.
Leaf said...

What's spelled dumb?

November 1, 2010 at 2:01 p.m.
woody said...

Hey Ro..It could have been a 'spelling error' as you say..how was I supposed to know?? The way you and some of your 'buds' have been carrying on as of late, a person has to have a 'score card' or, at the very least, an ever-changing Thesaurus just to keep track of the current political definitions.

And as far as "having fun" at Francis' expense..you (well maybe not you) must admit he asks for it. The man is a clown..and if he isn't then he's dangerous....

Musicman..it would appear as though it is I who may owe you an apology..and if that be the case..so be it.

All that being said..again I challenge any and all Conservatives here to take "The Pledge" here and now.

If you win tomorrow you'll hear no grousing out of me..now will all of you pledge the same if it should happen to go to the Libs, so to speak??

God bless us all, Woody

November 1, 2010 at 2:08 p.m.
BigRidgePatriot said...

clay has graduated from boring to creepy with this one. How long will he continue to demonstrate his total lack of understanding of the Tea Party movement? You would think that if someone is going to go on a crusade like this they would at least take a moment to find out if they are right.

I may have missed something in here but out of 85 posts these are probably the ones that everyone should check out, especially the second one. Username: rolando | On: November 1, 2010 at 6:55 a.m. Username: rolando | On: November 1, 2010 at 6:59 a.m.

Thank you rolando for once again making a visit to this page worth while.

November 1, 2010 at 2:08 p.m.
BobMKE said...

Alprova,

1 Cap & Tax is NOT yet dead in the water.

2 & 8 No illegal immigrants = lesser health care costs.

3 The farmer looks out over his fields and sees what he grows. Then along comes the crap fuel ethanol, so he grows more corn. So, whatever he isn’t now growing becomes more expensive. The feed prices go up, the animals for slaughter are being sent early because the feed prices are too high. What is wrong with us when we put our food into a gas tank? The United States feeds the world, which is made more difficult when we don’t grow the food we should be growing.

4 If they let Bush’s Tax cuts expire then everyone’s taxes will go up one way or another. The unemployment rate will go higher than now.

6 & 7 There are so many horror stories out there regarding the school systems by-passing parents to teach sex education including deviant sexual practices.

9 Bowing. Apologizing. SAME THING.

10 Don’t forget the major player in this, Pelosi. The elected people, who fail to do their jobs, read bills Etc. have been/about to be fired by their CEOs. (The voters)

November 1, 2010 at 2:20 p.m.
eeeeeek said...

dumb is spelled D-U-M-B .. it was an FYI

November 1, 2010 at 2:25 p.m.
Leaf said...

I believe the politically correct term is "vocally challenged."

November 1, 2010 at 4:04 p.m.
rolando said...

Hey, Leaf -- Who's on first?

Great post; they play the straight man well.

November 1, 2010 at 4:39 p.m.
rolando said...

No thanks are due me, BigRidge. All I did was supply the cites. Your appreciation is noted. I try.

There is a load of historical fact out there; now if we can only get the ignorant or uninformed to read something besides Wikipedia...

November 1, 2010 at 4:44 p.m.
rolando said...

Anyone else note the deafening silence when I asked the heathens/atheists out there to quote something pertinent from THEIR sources instead of ours?

Evidently they have nothing worth quoting on the topic cited...

lkeith?

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek?

any atheist?

any heathen?

how about a Muslim?

anyone at all?

November 1, 2010 at 4:49 p.m.
alprova said...

BobMKE wrote: "#1 Cap & Tax is NOT yet dead in the water."


Yeah it is. The House barely passed their version last year, and the Senate version died in June.


"#2 & 8 No illegal immigrants = lesser health care costs."


Okay, well let's use your logic. Why not take out your guns and off everyone in this nation that is currently uninsured and who stands the risk of becoming ill or injured?

Will that solve the problem?


"#3 The farmer looks out over his fields and sees what he grows. Then along comes the crap fuel ethanol..(snipped)"


If you're going to use ethanol as an example of a Democratic initiative, you had better do some research.

Former President Bush called for and promoted the "20-in-10 program that proposed to cut gasoline consumption and greenhouse gas emissions from motor vehicles by 20 percent over the next 10 years.

The Bush plan included increasing the supply of renewable and other alternative fuels by setting a mandatory fuels standard to require the equivalent of 35 billion gallons of renewable and other alternative fuels in 2017 -- nearly five times the 2012 target included in the Energy Policy Act of 2005.


"#4 If they let Bush’s Tax cuts expire then everyone’s taxes will go up one way or another. The unemployment rate will go higher than now."


You and I both know that the Bush tax cuts for those who make less than six figures are never going to be allowed to expire. The minute that the election is over, a bill will be introduced by the Democrats to either extend them all, or extend them for all but the top 5% of income earners.


"# 6 & 7 There are so many horror stories out there regarding the school systems by-passing parents to teach sex education including deviant sexual practices."


And that's exactly what they are -- stories. If it were not the case, then the media would be literally littered with reports of lawsuit after lawsuit.

I challenge you and everyone else to produce so much as one credible reported instance where #6 or #7 has ever been discussed, demonstrated, taught, or was ever proposed to be taught to a child in a public school.


9 Bowing. Apologizing. SAME THING.


This nation has a great deal to apologize for, given some of the acts that some of our former leaders have committed around the world. President Obama cannot begin to atone for the wrongs committed by others before him.

And again, he has never bowed in respect or apologized to anyone considered to be an enemy of the United States. If so, to whom and when?


"#10 Don’t forget the major player in this, Pelosi. The elected people, who fail to do their jobs, read bills Etc. have been/about to be fired by their CEOs. (The voters)"


Not that I have ever defended Pelosi, I don't think I would be overly confident...yet. I think there will be plenty of surprises to go around tomorrow. Republicans will be fired too.

November 1, 2010 at 5:24 p.m.

Clay this is a good one and it makes the point all so well.

November 1, 2010 at 5:50 p.m.

The conservatives will clean sweep the House on Nov.3. Obama better pack up his bags and get his tail back to Chicago quick fast & in a hurry.

November 1, 2010 at 5:52 p.m.
whatsthefuss said...

I can only speak for myself but I am thrilled that rolando has found a friend in leaf. As in the words of Rocky Balboa, "It's not how hard you hit, it's how many punches you can take and still move forward." I have to say rolando is like a Timex watch. He takes a lick'in and keeps on post'in. As to the toon, you could insert Clay's shadow instead of a good American and it would still make one wonder what goes on in a empty cave??

November 1, 2010 at 7:56 p.m.
lkeithlu said...

rolando, my source would depend on the topic. It will not be a "sacred" text, I assure you.

November 1, 2010 at 8:04 p.m.
BobMKE said...

Alprova,

1 Cap & Tax is NOT yet dead in the water."

You are naive.

2 & 8 No illegal immigrants = lesser health care costs."

Being in law enforcement for over 34 years using guns to solve a problem is stupid. I never said we should. For one, fine the employers who hire them.

3 I disagree with Bush and others who want to want the Cap & Tax. It is not dead. Gore is not going away.

4 Stop falling for the victimhood and class warfare crap the Libs put out year after year. Being rich is not evil. Keep Bush's tax cuts in place for everyone. No one ever got a paycheck from a poor person.

6&7 My daughter has been a Milwaukee Public School teacher for over 20 years. The system has a program for sex education for 5 & 6 graders that is too long to explain. It is a program that is way over the top. There are numerous others, so look them up.

9 Americans have nothing to apologize for.

10 Not that I have ever defended Pelosi, I don't think I would be overly confident...yet. I think there will be plenty of surprises to go around tomorrow. Republicans will be fired too.

The right has already fired some Rinos and we are not done yet. Al, you will be sorry you have said this on Wednesday morning. You really must be living in a dream world to think that Tuesday is not going to be a very sad day for the Democrats. After Tuesday the Democratic Party will be moving to the right. You liberals, progressives, socialists, statists Etc. will be out of the loop for many years to come.

November 1, 2010 at 8:45 p.m.
Oz said...

The Psycho is in the White House calling American's, with an opposing view, the enemy.

November 1, 2010 at 8:45 p.m.
champ1 said...

Wow! What a discussion. It's been a long time since I posted here because quite frankly, I think it's pointless. If you'll read my earlier post you will note that I, along with guys like rolando and others, predicted that Obama's approach would not work and that despite "historical significance" of his race, America's favorite color is green. Looks like the liberals 'chickens have come home to roost' (to paraphrase Obama's former preacher).

All you crazy libs can keep insulting the intelligence of everyone that sees through your tired act but it won't change anything. You are going to lose tomorrow and you are going to lose big! Enjoy!
November 1, 2010 at 9:50 p.m.
SavartiTN said...

The greatest job losses in this country were in the two months before Bush was out of office and the two months following the election. Since then, job losses have steadily declined. But, the Republicans have convinced everyone otherwise. I wish that people would ask themselves, "What, really, is the Republican agenda?"

In addition, in the two years since Obama has taken office, American families have paid less taxes...via Obama tax cuts. Why doesn't anyone want to acknowledge this?

The Republicans want all of you to believe that the Democrats are the bad guys...period. The American public is no longer thinking for itself but, instead, relies on the deluge of myths and lies on the tv ads. It appears that some people think that if they saw it on tv, it must be the TRUTH. Talk about Short Attention Span Theater.

As I have said on previous post...the Republicans will win and nothing will change...unless it changes for the worse at which point they will whine and say "How could you expect us to undo the changes of the Obama administration in only two years?" Talk about tired acts.

So, this all reminds me of a quote by Adolph Hitler: "What good fortunes for Governments that the people do not THINK."

November 1, 2010 at 10:51 p.m.
acerigger said...

Does anyone know what is said about "The Rooster That Crows at Midnight"????>>>>>>>>"He's blind"

November 1, 2010 at 10:55 p.m.
alprova said...

BobMKE wrote:

"You are naive."


Actually, I'm not.

It will not be revived before next session, and if the polls have it right, there certainly will not be the votes for it to go anywhere, so who's being naive here?


"Being in law enforcement for over 34 years using guns to solve a problem is stupid. I never said we should. For one, fine the employers who hire them."


Okay, that one went right over your head. Too bad you're not a baseball pitcher. Nice change-up.


"I disagree with Bush and others who want to want the Cap & Tax. It is not dead. Gore is not going away."


Gore is as powerful as Palin is. They both have their followers and believers, but can they effectively form policy in this nation? No.


"Stop falling for the victimhood and class warfare crap the Libs put out year after year. Being rich is not evil. Keep Bush's tax cuts in place for everyone. No one ever got a paycheck from a poor person."


I don't believe that I have ever called a rich person "evil." However, if you must use the word "class," then the simple fact is that there are a class of people who can afford to step up to the plate and pay more to fund the functions of Gov't, and there are those who cannot.


"My daughter has been a Milwaukee Public School teacher for over 20 years. The system has a program for sex education for 5 & 6 graders that is too long to explain. It is a program that is way over the top. There are numerous others, so look them up."


"Over-the-top" can be defined a million ways. Not good enough. I asked for specific proof that the two descriptive and particular lessons outlined by Mike Adams are or were ever taught to 'little boys and girls.' It has never happened, nor has it ever been proposed.


"Americans have nothing to apologize for."


That all depends on whether or not you are one of the people in this nation who consistently cheered for and supported the reckless method in which the two wars in the Middle East have been waged. Another discussion for another day.


"Al, you will be sorry you have said this on Wednesday morning. You really must be living in a dream world to think that Tuesday is not going to be a very sad day for the Democrats."


We'll see.


"After Tuesday the Democratic Party will be moving to the right."


Hold your breath on that one.


"You liberals, progressives, socialists, statists Etc. will be out of the loop for many years to come."


If the House gives way to Republican domination, and it may well happen, if the polls are correct, the Republicans will have two years to prove their worth.

Nothing gives me reason to believe that they have anything to offer this country in terms of answers that will fix the problems that currently plague it.

Out of the loop? No Sir. We're going to be in their face.

November 1, 2010 at 10:56 p.m.
Francis said...

that's right, sd...you libs....you libs.....

hambone, woody, ikethlu, alprova, anniebelle and all the rest...

all you libs who actually think obama is on the right track...actually competant, actually qualified for the job..actually smart.......actually has a vision that will work....is cool, collected.....you're looking really, really, really bad right now...

he's awful...the democrats are awful....just plain awful........

obama has turned out to be exactly what i said he would be..exactly....

you libs cannot grasp the concept that hard working americans do not want to feel like they simple exist to support the federal government. it's dehumanizing to be looked as simply a source of revenue.

to a certain extent it's been that way for a while...but never more strongly under obama....he's taken it to a new level.......he is, in fact, a bully...that's why you're seeing the strong reaction to him. that act might play well in venezuela, bolivia or columbia...but not here.

this creepy cartoon...and creepy is the only way to describe it......is insightul only in how it reveals how a liberal's mind implodes when they've come to realize they've had their ass kicked in the arena of ideas.

November 1, 2010 at 11:01 p.m.
rolando said...

Let us not forget that Maobama is half-white through his mother.

The Obamaphiles and worshipers have now accepted the twisted view held by North and South pro-slavery nutcases a hundred-fifty or so years ago -- just one drop of black blood made a man black through and through.

Interesting. Racist view then, racist view now. But the dems generally were racists...then and now.

November 1, 2010 at 11:03 p.m.
SavartiTN said...

Francis said

"you libs cannot grasp the concept that hard working americans do not want to feel like they simple exist to support the federal government.it's dehumanizing to be looked as simply a source of revenue."

That's right, Francis. We would rather feel that we exist to support the big corporations. Why would you think that "libs" aren't hard working Americans? What planet do you live on? Does it start with "Fox" and end with "News?"

November 1, 2010 at 11:09 p.m.
acerigger said...

Sure is frothing on this thread tonite it seems,,,,

November 1, 2010 at 11:13 p.m.
alprova said...

Champ1 wrote: "All you crazy libs can keep insulting the intelligence of everyone that sees through your tired act but it won't change anything. You are going to lose tomorrow and you are going to lose big! Enjoy!"


And please, don't attempt to insult anyone else's intelligence.

I'm not sure that any turnover in the House can be considered a "loss" by the Democrats at all. What the Republicans in the House will have won, will be a certain amount of responsibility to right the wrongs committed by their predecessors.

If they win big, all it means is that now, the Republicans will no longer be able to hide behind the Democrats any longer, point fingers at them, and blame them for a stubborn economy. They will now have to prove that for the last four years, that they were indeed prevented from fixing this nation's economic woes.

Can they fix everything?

If the Republicans retake the House tomorrow;

Are millions of pending foreclosures going to be magically transformed into resold properties to people who can and will be able to pay for them? No.

Are millions of jobs going to be magically created by virtue of an election outcome? No.

Are 50 million Americans without health care insurance going to magically have access to health care coverage because the Republicans will now dominate the House? No.

Is the nation going to wake up on Wednesday and start spending money again? No.

Are the banks of this nation going to magically start lending money again? No.

And more important, even if the the Republicans win big tomorrow, will it be because those who call themselves "Tea-Partiers" took back their nation?

Not on your life. As of tonight, of the 138 candidates who were identified as having "Tea-Party" support and financial backing, 8 will likely be elected, 10 have a decent chance of being elected, and 23 have a 50% chance of being elected.

97 have been defeated, or will most likely be defeated by Democrats and other mainstream Republican candidates.

November 1, 2010 at 11:41 p.m.
alprova said...

Francis wrote: "all you libs who actually think obama is on the right track...actually competant, actually qualified for the job..actually smart.......actually has a vision that will work....is cool, collected.....you're looking really, really, really bad right now..."


Your opinion of me is of no consequence. Any perceived win tomorrow by the Republicans will not change my political idealism or outlook.

After the numbers are all in, and as this perceived win by Republicans, if it happens, transforms into them rolling up their sleeves and getting to work in Washington next January, there will be plenty to discuss.

Hanging the future of this nation on the number of Republicans who are seated early next year, is less than realistic in my humble opinion.

For four years, they have had no solutions to offer. Nothing gives me reason to think that their brains will kick-start come January 2011. But you feel free to believe whatever you wish.


"obama has turned out to be exactly what i said he would be..exactly...."


Here's a newsflash for you Francis. President Obama will still be the President after tomorrow.


"you libs cannot grasp the concept that hard working americans do not want to feel like they simple exist to support the federal government. it's dehumanizing to be looked as simply a source of revenue."


And you think that the Republicans view you any differently?

I'm going to have fun watching all of you who think that the Republicans have the magical answers, one by one, wipe the grins off of your faces.


"this creepy cartoon...and creepy is the only way to describe it......is insightul only in how it reveals how a liberal's mind implodes when they've come to realize they've had their ass kicked in the arena of ideas."


There's lots I could say, but I'm going to wait until after this scenario plays out, tomorrow, early next year, and after the Republicans put their cards on the table, legislatively.

November 2, 2010 at 12:05 a.m.
alprova said...

For all you history buffs out there, here's a little political history for you to consider;

1893 began a series of sharp voting swings. Republicans won 135 seats in 1894. In 1898, the Republicans lost 48 seats, despite Republican William McKinley's win in the Presidential race that same year.

In 1910, dissatisfied workers and deep divisions within the GOP cost the party 57 House seats that year and 28 more in 1912. Opposition to World War I caused a period of wild electoral swings, with only the election of 1916 seeing fewer than 20 House seats changing hands.

In 1932, following the last great Stock Market crash, voters in the midst of the Great Depression elected Franklin D. Roosevelt as president and tossed out 101 Republicans from the House and nine from the Senate. That election marked the start of a Democratic dominance of Congress that lasted for decades with few interruptions.

And until now there has been only one other prolonged stretch, from 1946 to 1952, in which either party lost more than 20 seats. Post-war strikes and President Harry Truman's low approval ratings helped Republicans gain 55 seats in 1946 -- their first House majority since 1928.

In 1948, voters tossed out 75 Republicans. The Republicans regained the House in 1952, but lost control again in 1954. For 40 years, the Democrats dominated the House, until 1994, when Newt Gingrich orchestrated the start of a 12 year domination by the Republicans.

Republicans will likely savor their victory tomorrow. But unless they perform better over the next two years than their historical predecessors have when given second chances, their dominance will be very short-lived.

I wish them all the luck in the world, because I do want to see this nation get back on track. I don't care at this point which party does it, just get it done, dammit.

I know for a fact that right now, as I write this, that this nation is on the path to recovery. I've done the research and posted it. Some ignore it and are convinced that only the Republicans can right this nation. But for whom do they traditionally seek to appease and work for?

I am one voter going to the polls in the morning to vote for those whom I have confidence are already working on behalf of the common people of this nation. For I am quite common and am very aware what led to what went wrong and which group of people caused it to happen.

If the Republicans win big, as is being predicted, and they do decide to resume instituting the policies and the type of lawmaking that brought them and this nation to it's knees four years ago, then I very much look forward to a prolonged dominance by the Democrats for another 40 years or so, starting in 2012.

November 2, 2010 at 1:33 a.m.
rolando said...

You already said all that, alpo...at least that contained in the last two paragraphs of your last air-bagged tirades. [That's all I read and/or needed to read to arrive at that conclusion.]

Hohum. Think of it this way -- your vote has been cancelled out. ROTFLOA

November 2, 2010 at 2:15 p.m.
lkeithlu said...

"You already said all that, alpo...at least that contained in the last two paragraphs of your last air-bagged tirades. [That's all I read and/or needed to read to arrive at that conclusion.]"

Translation: I didn't read alprova's well cited, well documented posts because I am too lazy to and have no intention of learning anything because it scares me to be wrong and I can't accept the possibility that a liberal might be right.

November 2, 2010 at 3:47 p.m.
rolando said...

Thanks for your interpretation of what I said, lkeith.

As usual, you are completely and totally wrong on all counts.

But then students of our far left academe have trouble translating anything outside their very narrow and constricted sphere.

In fact, they are learning more and more about less and less and are at the point where they know everything about nothing.

That's why they so adore Maobama...another hot-air spewer.

November 2, 2010 at 6:23 p.m.
lkeithlu said...

For someone who does not address the specific points and offers no evidence of his own, you sure have a lot to say.

November 2, 2010 at 7:06 p.m.
alprova said...

Rolando, when the day comes that you can stand up in this forum and effectively defend your ill-arrived at, so easily disprovable brain farts, and begin to actually make points that are rooted in fact, then you'll have something to gloat about.

Until then, my friend, you will forever remain a hypocritical genius -- a genius who actively participates in at least two social based programs, created, defended, and maintained by those whom you claim to detest and whom you cast your vote against today.

While they offer you their generous nipples for you to suckle, you delight yourself by biting them at every opportunity. Your pretentious laugh is the laugh of a foolish man, but you have lots of company.

You have no dog in any hunt that you watch from the sidelines. To pretend otherwise is as silly as your rants often are.

Attacking others is all you have left, because you refuse to stick to the truth to any fact, you refuse to prove anything whenever challenged, and you are no longer brave enough to stick your neck out and spew your brand of misinformation, because you know it will be refuted to a correct and provable conclusion.

So by all means, laugh. I laugh too...every time you wag your little tail, run around the room in circles, panting like a little puppy, and laugh even more when you jump into the lap and lick the face of anyone who offers commentary that validates your warped values, beliefs, and comical versions of morality.

You're my little pet. And as a responsible pet owner, I am happy to clean up behind you whenever you poop in the room.

Perhaps one day, you will become house-trained.

November 2, 2010 at 8:06 p.m.
rolando said...

You have your opinion lkeith [wrong, of course] and I have mine...and mine is the "right" one.

It is interesting how LiB-Progs like you always find anyone who opposes their inbred viewpoints to somehow be the dastardly ones [sic]. They demand proof over and over again for the slightest difference of opinion...they presume those who oppose them to be guilty [of lying or whatever] until they prove themselves innocent [or right]. yet they never present credible, reputable, irrefutable evidence supporting their side over all others. They use cries like, "It's in the genes" without a shred of supportive research. You are a walking example of that, lkeith.

That is all a truly interesting take on logical and legal thought you have...guilty until proven innocent. Hm-m-m. You would do well in Colonial Winston-Salem.

November 2, 2010 at 11:21 p.m.
rolando said...

I don't debate high schoolers, alpo.

Come back when you can carry on an adult discussion...

Meanwhile, try to stop self-medicating with recreational drugs.

November 2, 2010 at 11:37 p.m.
alprova said...

Rolando wrote: "I don't debate high schoolers, alpo."


Actually Rolando, you don't debate anyone. You troll.


"Come back when you can carry on an adult discussion..."


You'd be rather wise to take your own advice. Your childish taunts in this forum have come to define your character. If peer voting meant anything to you at all, you'd understand that you comments are never found to be of use to any topic discussed in here.

Were you under some impression that I cared to have discourse with you at all? You don't discuss anything. You never stay on topic. You never express facts. You are good for nothing but expressing ignorance and unsubstantiated garbage.

I'm sorry if you are upset because I addressed your cut & paste assessment written by your idol, Mike Adams. The man is the male equivalent of Ann Coulter, and he is filled with as much contempt as she is known for expressing when it comes to speaking of others.

They make a living by exposing their horrible personality disorders when they write or speak. Your choice to follow their lead by doing the same in this forum will never net you a dime.

Rather than to assess the reason that he finds his views rejected by so many people, he, much like yourself, feel that force feeding such views is the "right" thing to do.

You agree with his views and believe them. So what? Post that kind of garbage and it will not be left alone. It's as simple as that.


"Meanwhile, try to stop self-medicating with recreational drugs."


I really hate to be immodest, but the fact of the matter is that if I were to imbibe on a gallon of whiskey, smoke ten joints, drop a dozen Quaaludes, sniff six lines of Coke, and mainline some morphine, I would still be able to refute your attempts with more clarity than you ever will, on any one of your good days.

As it is, Rolando my pet, I get high on life. The only thing I smoke these days is a pipe filled with fine tobacco on occasion.

Accusing me of self-medicating myself is much like accusing you of being capable of using that noodle of a brain floating around in your cranial cavity.

I don't need to alter my brain with mind altering substances to get through any day, and you Sir apparently have allowed the military to brainwash you to an extreme from which you will never recover.

November 3, 2010 at 6:12 a.m.
lkeithlu said...

Just because you don't "accept" my sources doesn't mean that they are not valid sources, rolando dear. I'm not sure you know how to vet a source anyway, if Mike Adams, Ann Coulter and NARTH qualify in your mind.

November 3, 2010 at 7:25 a.m.
BigRidgePatriot said...

I have an Ann Coulter doll! Of course she is a qualified source, complete with humor.

November 3, 2010 at 5:39 p.m.
lkeithlu said...

Ann Coulter doll??? I need to scrub that image out of my brain with brillo...

November 3, 2010 at 6:37 p.m.
rolando said...

The picture of you doing that is as hilarious as that of the Coulter doll, lkeith.

Poke fun at her all you like -- I would suggest you take a look at her bonafides; they are...ah-h...interesting. Hardly doll-like at all.

Same with Criminal Justice Professor Mike Adams of UNC-W, his bonafides are rather extensive and extend well beyond his blog.

Perhaps you would care to post YOUR accomplishments, diplomas, etc as those two have?

Haven't studied NARTH much. As I understand it, homosexuality IS curable. Have you anything in contention? [Other than the APA and its ilk; they are non-objective on the issue of homosexuality and other sexual paraphilia. I have yet to see/read ANYTHING positive on the topic objectively researched by groups without a dog in the fight.]

November 3, 2010 at 9:17 p.m.
lkeithlu said...

The fact that you think NARTH is unbiased and based in science and APA is not shows (again) how little you know and how you vet your sources.

Ann Coulter, I am sure, knows law very well. If she's stick to areas she knows, she does fine. Her last four chapters in her book Godless dealt with science, and there was not a correct sentence anywhere in those four chapters. THAT is why she has no credibility in my mind. It's not because she is conservative. Contrast her to Bill O'Reilly, who makes sure what he says is correct and that he does not make claims about areas he knows nothing about.

November 4, 2010 at 5:59 a.m.
eeeeeek said...

Ann Coulter doll? Does it have mens parts?

November 4, 2010 at 7:17 a.m.
please login to post a comment

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.