published Saturday, April 30th, 2011

Carbon monoxide kills couple

A couple who were using a generator in their garage for power apparently succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning today, Chattanooga police said.

The couple’s daughter found them in their home at 3013 Fox Drive off Wilcox Boulevard, police spokeswoman Sgt. Jerri Weary said in a news release.

She said the power was knocked out by Wednesday’s storms and the couple had bought the generator to power their house.

When they were found, the carbon monoxide count was high throughout the home, Weary said.

The actual cause of death will be determine after the medical examiner completes an examination, but police believe the deaths are related to improper ventilation from running the generator.

about Staff Report...

Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right:

1
Comments do not represent the opinions of the Chattanooga Times Free Press, nor does it review every comment. Profanities, slurs and libelous remarks are prohibited. For more information you can view our Terms & Conditions and/or Ethics policy.
ceeweed said...

fghjfgq: Two people are dead and you are using this forum for free advertising to hawk your fake designer junk!!...FYI, since my satisfaction is your eternal pursuit, how about keeping your bottom-feeder marketing off of this forum! Scum Bag!

May 1, 2011 at 8:05 a.m.
please login to post a comment

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.