* Name: Spring City Care and Rehabilitation Center, a Signature HealthCare Community Center
* Location: 331 Hinch St. in Spring City, Tenn.
* Service: Nursing home and physical therapy, along with a selection of at-home extended care, such as meal preparation and grocery shopping, after patients have left the center.
The adult day service opened in July and is furnished with recliners and a couch for watching television or visiting with other patients. Patients can play bingo or complete puzzles, get haircuts or manicures, stroll through the center's garden or take part in a variety of activities during their stay.
* Price range of services: Robin Beaver, a certified nursing assistant, said that private care costs could average $10 an hour, for up to a 23-hour stay. Services would cost less to the patient, if insurance pays or helps with the cost.
* Target market: Caregivers, who need to run errands but need someone to watch over a loved one, can use the service.
* Biggest hurdle: Beaver said that "letting people know what it is" about and the services offered to its community has created an obstacle to overcome for the facilitators.
* Challenges: Beaver is in the process of completing the necessary certification to process insurance payments for the company's adult day patients.
* Future community goals: Beaver said that community involvement is important. "Everyone should visit the elderly," she said.
-- Kimberly McMillian is based in Rhea County. Contact her at email@example.com.
related articles »
DAYTON, Tenn. — Life Care Centers of America will show off its new nursing home and assisted living center at ...
Three years after shuttering an aging nursing home in Orchard Knob, Life Care Centers of America is shifting most of ...
DAYTON, Tenn. — Do more marketing of Rhea County. Increase cooperation between the community's businesses and government. Attract retirees. Recruit ...
For Bryan College senior Laura Maye, participating in the school's annual Martin Luther King Jr. Day service projects has allowed ...