published Sunday, August 21st, 2011

Fire!

about Clay Bennett...

The son of a career army officer, Bennett led a nomadic life, attending ten different schools before graduating in 1980 from the University of North Alabama with degrees in Art and History. After brief stints as a staff artist at the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and the Fayetteville (NC) Times, he went on to serve as the editorial cartoonist for the St. Petersburg Times (1981-1994) and The Christian Science Monitor (1997-2007), before joining the staff of the ...

129
Comments do not represent the opinions of the Chattanooga Times Free Press, nor does it review every comment. Profanities, slurs and libelous remarks are prohibited. For more information you can view our Terms & Conditions and/or Ethics policy.
fairmon said...

There are times when it is better to accelerate a burning building and shorten the time it has to spread. Perhaps that is where we are with the economy.

Interest on the debt is greater than the budget of several departments combined. The interest on the debt will escalate to a level equal to the current budget in a matter of a few years. As a nation the U.S. has over 61 trillion in debt. That is equal to several countries GDP combined. The government could stop 100% of non essential spending and pay the debt off in about 360 years. Do you want the amputation to take one joint at a time or the entire extremity at one surgery?

August 21, 2011 at 12:32 a.m.
alprova said...

The entire point is that there exists one group of politicians who are trying to solve the issues plaguing this nation and there is one group who are fervently fanning the flames to produce continuous calamity for all but a select few Americans.

And none of you people who argue in this forum for the Republicans are on their invitation lists, yet you support them with your votes and defend them routinely in here.

They promised you a great many things and have yet to deliver on one of their promises. And still you defend them.

August 21, 2011 at 2:38 a.m.
lumpy said...

There's no burning reason, yuk, yuk, to keep BO employed beyond 2012. Get the ax! Fire the guy!

Everything is worse since BO took the helm. That's what people will have on their minds when they vote in 2012. He's only made things worse.

August 21, 2011 at 4:37 a.m.
patriot1 said...

According to the libs in 2008 the recession was all Bush's fault even though Pelosi and Reid were in charge of the democrat controlled Congress.....now that BO has failed and things have worsened, the fault lies with the GOP house....see how this works? Funny isn't it?

August 21, 2011 at 5:57 a.m.
SeaSmokie59er said...

Be careful Mr. President, it has gas in it!

August 21, 2011 at 6:17 a.m.
woody said...

Okay, so Obama didn't work out the way those who supported him thought he would. But we'll never know how effective or even ineffective he might have proven to be due to all of those who fought him and his ideas every step of the way.

I never was an Obama supporter until the opposition really began throwing 'stumbling blocks' in his way. No more than I supported Jimmy Carter back during his term.

However, even though ineffective as a president (IMHO) Carter has turned into a great statesman and representative of our great way of life. Be careful what you wish for..oh thou of the conservative bent. You may very well be setting up our current president as a 'savior' in years to come.

Now wouldn't that be "poetic justice"..Woody

August 21, 2011 at 7:32 a.m.
rick1 said...

Let us look at what has Obama promised and failed to delivered on.

Closing of Gitmo

Bills will be posted on the internet before they are signed by Obama.

Will be the most transparent administration ever. Obamacare negotiations were not shown on CSPAN as promised.

Health Insurance Premiums will not rise. HHS continues to issue waivers to companies including unions because these companies would have to raise health insurance cost on their employees or drop coverage because of costs of Obamacare. Healthcare negotiations on CSPAN

Will not raise taxes on those making less then $250,000 he increase the tax on cigarettes.

Please see this link for more broken promises by Obama

http://www.nationalreview.com/campaign-spot/4701/long-post-complete-list-obama-statement-expiration-dates#

August 21, 2011 at 8:02 a.m.
rick1 said...

Former President Carter is a statesmen? He is the only American President to publicly support terrorism, as Carter has embraced and supported Palestine and the terrorist organization Hamas.

Remember earlier this year he met with the Castro Brothers and slammed our country and wanted the U.S. to remove Cuba from the list of countries that support terrorism, and he wanted our government to release 5 convicted Cuban spies from Federal Prison.

You are right Woody, Carter is one hell of a statesmen for Comminust dicators and terrorist countries and organizations.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2011/mar/jimmy-carter-bashes-u-s-meeting-communists

August 21, 2011 at 8:25 a.m.
woody said...

Rick1..it appears to me you need a hug..but I think I'll pass..Woody

August 21, 2011 at 8:32 a.m.
rick1 said...

Like Carter hugged the leader of Hamas?

August 21, 2011 at 8:42 a.m.
rick1 said...

Should have read like the time Carter hugged the leader of Hamas.

August 21, 2011 at 8:44 a.m.
hambone said...

And the other choices are?

A sitting governor ( J R Ewing)

A congresswoman looking for Elvis

Some assorted ex-governors

An ex-congressman / diamond expert

A half-term governor

August 21, 2011 at 9:24 a.m.
Rickaroo said...

The Republicans have stated with utmost clarity and cogency that their number one goal is to make Obama a one-term president. They have NO plans or ideas for the economy or for job creation. None. They keep repeating the worn out mantra of no taxes/cut spending over and over and over again, like robots programmed to say only that one thing. If cutting spending should be cut to the bare bone and there is no revenue coming in, just what, pray tell, is going to happen then? Are the "job creators" in the private sector just magically going to start creating jobs by the millions? No proponent of the lame no-taxes/cut-spending theory has ever said exactly how spending cuts alone are supposed turn the economy around. Is it supposed to act like some kind of blood sacrifice to their god of the free market and make him so pleased that he suddenly allows the economy to thrive?

If tax breaks for the wealthy were a viable plan for creating jobs, what the hell happened those 8 years of GWB?? If trickle down worked so well, why has it NEVER worked? Tax breaks do not create jobs and the Repubs know that. They know that without revenue coming in our economy is doomed to stay in the tank and even get worse, and that is precisely what they want because it will haunt Obama in the next election and most likely keep him from getting re-elected, even though the entire array of Republican presidential hopefuls are the most dumbed-down clowns of ineptitude our country has ever seen.

If any of you are among the top 1% of the wealthy I can totally understand why you would support these asinine policies and theories of the far right. But if you are not, you are an utter fool to support them. You might be smug and complacent in your comfort zone of financial well being for now, but keep pushing for more austerity and continued tax cuts and it won't be long before you will join the ranks of the hurting masses and you will have nobody to blame but yourself.

August 21, 2011 at 11:24 a.m.
lumpy said...

Jimmy Carter is a statesman? Oh, come on! Please!! He's an utter fool and a traitor to this country. He and BO have a soft spot for terrorists and enemies of this great country. Please!!

There wasn't one reason to give Jimmy Carter another term, same for BO.

August 21, 2011 at 11:54 a.m.
blackwater48 said...

REASONABLE PEOPLE CAN DISAGREE

'Patriot' 'reasoned,' According to the libs in 2008 the recession was all Bush's fault even though Pelosi and Reid were in charge of the democrat controlled Congress...

In the 2006 election, Democrats took control of the House for the first time since 1994, achieving a 233 to 202 advantage. In the Senate, Democrats managed a 49 – 49 tie, with Independents Sanders and Lieberman agreeing to caucus with the Democrats.

What did Congress do in the next two years to cause the United States economy to loose 9% of GDP while close to 1,000,000 people lost their jobs EVERY MONTH?

You must be able to point to some policy initiative, some veto proof Bill that was passed through both houses of Congress to make the economy drop faster than panties on prom night.

Otherwise you're just another yahoo who gets his information from republican talking points because you barely have enough gray matter to keep breathing.

August 21, 2011 at 12:02 p.m.
rolando said...

Well, we agree on one small point, woody. The Hussein's failure is "due to all of those who fought him and his ideas every step of the way."

After all, it couldn't possibly have been his ideas, right?

And "all of those who fought him and his ideas" are the majority of the American voters. No, all voters didn't oppose his ideas on everything -- he is "clean and articulate", after all.

Off-hand, I can't think of anything else good he has done -- maybe because he hasn't done anything good. Oh yeah, he kissed a foreign king's ring, bowed humbly low to a Japanese emperor [or something], excelled at vacation and globe-trotting for no particular reason other than he could. And he taught his kids how to euchre the system.

Maybe you won't see it as agreement, though...

August 21, 2011 at 12:16 p.m.
rolando said...

Wow, Clay. Three clunkers in a row, maybe four with this one.

Better switch back to the TEA Party, Palin, and the other dependables...

August 21, 2011 at 12:18 p.m.
rick1 said...

BRP:

The top ten secret White House excuses for the poorly performing economy: 1. Loch Ness Monster threatening to make an appearance in Lake Superior. 2. Economy still reeling from failed 1980s introduction of New Coke. 3. Bo ate my economic plan. 4. Bernanke hooked again on Afghani hashish. 5. Economic time bomb planted by Richard Nixon finally going off. 6. Thousands unable to work after being injured trying to learn the Macarena. 7. Evil spell cast on the country by Dick Cheney has yet to wear off. 8. Obama never should have listened when Bush said, “Obama, wreck the economy.” 9. Lady Gaga accidentally allowed to provide economic advice during first year of Obama’s presidency. 10. Obama not getting in enough golf.

http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2011/08/08/top-ten-obama-excuses-failing-economy/

August 21, 2011 at 2:20 p.m.
blackwater48 said...

CHEESE WITH THAT WHINE?

I see the knot headed tea baggers are out in FORCE today! Oh, goody.

2009: GDP dropping 9%.

Today: GDP rising almost 2%

2009: Almost 1,000,000 jobs lost every month

Today: 154,000 new private sector jobs in July alone, marking the 17th straight month of positive job growth.

Obama took over a sinking ship, but not taking on water anymore and we are slowly bailing our way out of a certain calamity.

Now the same clowns who wrecked everything in the first place complain about the how fast new guy is righting the ship.

Please. The only thing wrong with the first stimulus bill: it wasn't big enough.

The only thing wrong with the Affordable Health Care Bill: it didn't include single payer.

Obama was elected as both a reformer and a uniter. Remember his speech, No red states, no blue states, just the United States? Yeah, well, he made the mistake of trying to get republicans to back his proposals.

The GOP wasn't afraid that he was going to fail. They were afraid that he was going to succeed.

I look forward to all you cowards continuing to whine and cry and carry on like school girls.

August 21, 2011 at 2:53 p.m.
hambone said...

BuRP, rick1,

No more comment needed, your lasts posts are all one needs.

August 21, 2011 at 3:01 p.m.
jimmuh said...

It always makes me laugh when republitards try to fight Carter today. Carter's gone. Stop yelling about what he did and didn't do. That horse is dead. Stop beating it.

"Will not raise taxes on those making less then $250,000 he increase the tax on cigarettes." - This is the dumbest thing I've heard today. When he said that, he wasn't promising not to increase sales tax. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8ereP...

August 21, 2011 at 3:16 p.m.
timbo said...

Bennett is an idiot. What a waste of money.

August 21, 2011 at 3:18 p.m.
jimbob said...

Well said Blackwater.

August 21, 2011 at 3:21 p.m.

Jimmah,

As often as Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush are mentioned on here you'd think one of them was still president. I think you people need to get over George W. Bush and Ronald Reagan.

You defenders of our CURRENT PRESIDENT are embarrassing yourselves by pointing fingers at everyone else but our CURRENT PRESIDENT. That stratagy won't work. Nobody likes an excuse maker.

August 21, 2011 at 4:13 p.m.
woody said...

Hey Rolando..good to here from you..but allow me a moment and I'll get back to you....

Hey Lumpy..you and Rick1 seem to be of the same mind, why not console one another?? You know..well..whatever.

And now, back to you Ro..We can agree on one thing, if you are willing. We really never will know if Obama's ideas would have worked or actually created even more havoc than you and your friends give him credit for due to your combined fears of the 'unknown'.

Every president I have lived with and under all my life has been allowed to succeed or fail based (mostly) on his own merits, up to but not including Barack (I never could get used to that middle name) Obama.

Pity that.. He didn't have to resign in disgrace.. He wasn't impeached..and he didn't start one war, only to finish another started 10 years earlier (Oh wait, that one hasn't been officially finished yet..has it??)

I wonder why Barack has been treated differently from all the rest??

No..I didn't vote for the man, but I was willing to give him the same respect and opportunity to succeed or fail, on his own, as I gave to Nixon, Clinton and yes, even "W"..none of whom I voted for their first time either.

Now, can we agree on any of that Ro?? ..Woody

August 21, 2011 at 4:45 p.m.
moonpie said...

Very funny, accurate cartoon.


I'd like to welcome lumpy to the forum.


rick1, I think your post on broken promises is a reason why most of aren't cut out to be politicians. Not all the things listed were promises, as promises go, but some of them were.

It's a falsehood for a politician to make promises. However, American voters don't want a simple pledge to try, they actually want promises. The American populace begs to be lied to during election time.

People want promises. People elect people who promise. Reasonable people who can only promise "to try" simply don't get elected.

Read my lips.... sinks ships.

August 21, 2011 at 7:12 p.m.
jimmuh said...

The Republicans who are doing their best to damage the US economy to score political points and try to reclaim the White House in 2012 should be arrested for treason.

They're deliberately harming the United States economy while that economy is at it's weakest in either 30 or 90 years.

Hang the bastards.

August 21, 2011 at 7:54 p.m.
blackwater48 said...

CONTEXT

BBND swooned, As often as Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush are mentioned on here you'd think one of them was still president. I think you people need to get over George W. Bush and Ronald Reagan.

If only we could. To judge current events without the benefit of historical context is foolish. To pretend that life today was NOT influenced by the past, or that actions that we take today will NOT affect the future is idiotic.

It would be nice if you wrote something that proved you really aren't dumb.

Are you a satirist? Is this some irony soaked rant? I honestly can't tell.

Right now you are playing to the blonde stereotype. Maybe you should drop the hopeful BNB part.

August 21, 2011 at 9:46 p.m.
BigRidgePatriot said...

jimmuh said... "Hang the bastards."

jimmuh = one of those peace loving "COEXIST" leftists… until he comes across someone who does not share his ideas, then he is ready to go a lynchin'!

August 21, 2011 at 9:49 p.m.
BigRidgePatriot said...

For the record... Obama destroys everything he puts his hands on. It is expected that he will continue to fan the flames he has ignited and then try to blame it on the GOP.

That is the ONE thing BO is good at, finding scapegoats for his failed presidency.

August 21, 2011 at 9:55 p.m.
alprova said...

At least he's not a creep.

August 21, 2011 at 11:04 p.m.
BigRidgePatriot said...

That would be your opinion alprova. I myself find Obama to be very creepy.

August 21, 2011 at 11:18 p.m.
hambone said...

bbnd, you are confusing FACTS with EXCUSES!!!

August 21, 2011 at 11:39 p.m.
jimmuh said...

Your "granola-eating" straw man represents about 2% of Dems. I'm on the other end of the spectrum. Republicans in Congress have shown that they care more about hating the president and destroying the entire federal system more than they care about actually doing anything to improve the lives of their constituents.

They need to be recalled and put on trial for crimes against the state. Incompetence is one thing, but willfully committing harm against the United States from a position of power?

That's treason.

August 22, 2011 at 12:29 a.m.
BigRidgePatriot said...

jimmuh,

You cannot find a single Republican that cares to, "destroy the entire federal system". If that is the paradigm that shapes your understanding of what is going on in Washington you will never be able to accurately assess ANYTHING.

You need to calm down and reexamine some of your core prejudices.

August 22, 2011 at 12:39 a.m.
BigRidgePatriot said...

hambone said... "…you are confusing FACTS with EXCUSES!!!"

Did you "hire" Obama to fix things you found wrong with the Bush presidency and Washington in general or did you put him in office to listen to him whine about his job and do nothing but make things worse? Obama is weak, an abject failure.

He should have been able to accomplish anything he wanted when he came into office with control of both houses in Congress. He had the perfect opportunity to fully implement the Democrat' approach to turning the economy around. He overreached in inappropriate areas, squandered the opportunity and invited backlash.

August 22, 2011 at 12:45 a.m.
hambone said...

BuRP, When it comes to the Bush tax cuts you are

"blinded by the light"

August 22, 2011 at 5:03 a.m.
AndrewLohr said...

The RINOS failed. The Pelosi/Reid/Obama outright liberals have done worse. The Tea Party/libertarians take a diffferent approach. Time to listen to them, and retire an arrogant man who wants to choose our light bulbs for us. We can wish him, as Carter, well in retirement.

August 22, 2011 at 5:57 a.m.
hambone said...

Andrew, the light bulb bill belongs to Bush.

But don't let facts cloud your thought!!!

August 22, 2011 at 7:55 a.m.
jimmuh said...

You cannot find a single Republican that cares to, "destroy the entire federal system". - I assume you mean elected ones. I'm up to my neck in coworkers who want to just tear the whole thing down without any thought about the consequences. As for elected Republicans advocating for the dismantling of the Federal system: I'd be absolutely floored if any of them had the stones to come right out and say they want to do away with the whole thing, but instead they couch it in terms of corporatism (removing government oversight and letting industry determine how things are going to be run) and capitalism. For me, that's enough. They don't have to say "I think we should dismantle the Federal Goverment and switch to 50 cooperative states." They tell me plainly enough through their actions attacking the United States of America and it's citizens.

August 22, 2011 at 8:35 a.m.
rolando said...

woody -- "We really never will know if Obama's ideas would have worked or actually created even more havoc..."

That reminds me of an old saw --

Two guys walking along, first one snapping his fingers as he goes.

Second guy asks him what he is doing, to which #1 answers, "Keeping the elephants away[or lions, or whatever]".

No. 2 then says, "But there are no elephants around here."

No. 1 replies, "See...it works."

Problem with The Hussein is, [never trust anyone ashamed of his name] he has repeatedly failed so dramatically now almost 3 years [~75%] into his presidency that no one wants to see just how far he will go [his appointments of Czars began this trend.] The best he can do is blame someone [anyone!] else.

The man is not only incompetent to run this country, he refuses to recognize his incompetency, ignores all indicators, surrounds himself with like-thinkers who will take the fall for him, and goes blissfully and ignorantly along his [and now our] path to destruction.

You can follow some guy along the edge of a cliff but you don't obey his command to jump to know it will kill you. Regardless of what the incompetent leading you says.

When all empirical evidence indicates that falls are deadly [see 9/11] -- and socialism fails -- no matter how many times it has been imposed on us over the last centuries, we do not need to try yet again for that "different answer", because there is no different answer.

To keep trying, my friend, is insanity.

August 22, 2011 at 8:57 a.m.
rolando said...

We keep telling you, hammy, Bush was a RINO his 2nd term. We know it, you know it. Move along, there. He was one of yours.

August 22, 2011 at 8:59 a.m.
BigRidgePatriot said...

hambone said... "When it comes to the Bush tax cuts you are, blinded by the light"

I don't think you have a clue what my thoughts are on the Bush tax cuts. Would you care to tell me what you think they are before I respond to your comment?

August 22, 2011 at 9:40 a.m.
BigRidgePatriot said...

jimmuh said... "I'm up to my neck in coworkers who want to just tear the whole thing down without any thought about the consequences. As for elected Republicans advocating for the dismantling of the Federal system: I'd be absolutely floored if any of them had the stones to come right out and say they want to do away with the whole thing."*

I suspect that you are taking hyperbole literally, and then projecting your incorrect interpretation onto Republican lawmakers. Do you really think Republican lawmakers want to tear down the system that supports them and makes them powerful?

Do you think it is appropriate to advocate for violence (Hang the bastards) against fellow citizens based on your weak understanding of their intentions?

August 22, 2011 at 9:50 a.m.

Hambone,

No, they are excuses. To blame the current house for the debt is wacky. President Obama seems to be trying to convince everyone that he had nothing to do with adding to the debt in a big way.

August 22, 2011 at 9:59 a.m.
dude_abides said...

If you told me in, say, '05 that the next Democratic President would take out Bin Laden and usher in the fall of Qadafi, I would have thought "now there's a chance for the right to show true non-partisanship." You racist pigs have failed miserably to show an ounce of patriotism or fairness. Your boy Bush strutted around like a rooster on that aircraft carrier when NOTHING was getting accomplished. Obama struggles to deal with the financial mess Bush left and clean up his blood spills, and still manages to take out Bin Laden and Qadafi (something the dickhead Reagan tried to do). BRP calls him creepy? But doesn't find the republican candidates creepy?

August 22, 2011 at 10:06 a.m.
timbo said...

All these liberal writers (posters) in this newspaper show that 1/2 the country is either seriously brainwashed, misinformed, hallucinating, or is mentally ill.(or all of the above) You libs treat your philosophy like a religion. You are so wrong that it can't be just being wrong.

You people are validating all of my preparitive decisions because of the fact that the country is going down and nothing can be done.

To my conservative friends, stop arguing with them. These people are intelligent but nuts. They are like children. Think about explaining economics to a some aboriginal in Borneo. You would have about the same luck. Don't waste your time. Just get ready for the meltdown. It is inevitable.

August 22, 2011 at 12:38 p.m.
alprova said...

BRP wrote: "Ok, does Clay live in the same planet I do or is he stuck in Uranus? Seriously, Democrats don't work with Republicans, to a democrat "cooperation" is the equivalent of lying still while you're being raped."

Really? What personal financial sacrifices have YOU made? None whatsoever. Your personal contributions towards Social Security taxes have went DOWN since Obama has been in office. Your income taxes have remained the same.

"Obama got everything he wanted- cash for clunkers, first time homebuyer tax credit, two stimulus packages, bailout of GM, and what's the result? Massive deficits, massive unemployment, massive misery."

Again, how has any of the above impacted your finances one red cent? You haven't forked over one thin dime as a result of any of the above.

Had Obama not saved GM, which is now standing on it's own two feet, unemployment would have risen by millions as a result. Oh, but those were union jobs, right and therefore were not worth saving? Would it interest you to know that the vast majority of jobs saved were those of non-union workers that produce parts and supplies to support the auto makers?

Deficit spending goes a long way back, more than thirty years, and several Republican Presidents were responsible for our national debt problem.

Blaming Obama is a very weak argument, and rather baseless in fact, when considering all that has been spent over the last thirty years by the Republicans when they have been in charge.

People with a brain remember the facts and are not swayed by hyperbole and arguments offered by people such as yourself, who vilify our President on a daily basis.

August 22, 2011 at 12:42 p.m.
alprova said...

Timbo wrote: "All these liberal writers (posters) in this newspaper show that 1/2 the country is either seriously brainwashed, misinformed, hallucinating, or is mentally ill.(or all of the above)"

That's funny, because I happen to have the same opinion about all of you people who worship the Republicans and those clowns you like to refer to as "Tea-Partiers." You side with people who do nothing at all to move this nation as a whole forward, and who coddle people with much more money than you will ever see in your lifetime.

"You libs treat your philosophy like a religion. You are so wrong that it can't be just being wrong."

Explain why you think you are so right then. Please name one piece of legislation that the Republicans have attempted to pass that would have corrected anything that ails this nation.

"You people are validating all of my preparitive decisions because of the fact that the country is going down and nothing can be done."

Yeah, and your Chicken Little philosophy is noted for the record.

"To my conservative friends, stop arguing with them. These people are intelligent but nuts. They are like children. Think about explaining economics to a some aboriginal in Borneo."

I'm a CPA by trade. I attended business school for four years. I don't need any lessons in economics from someone who attends the Fox News University.

"You would have about the same luck. Don't waste your time. Just get ready for the meltdown. It is inevitable."

That only holds true if the Republicans and Tea Partiers ever gain control of both Houses. I'm rather confident that they are both going to be big losers this next year.

Because after all, what have they done but to obstruct any and all attempts to move this nation forward?

August 22, 2011 at 12:54 p.m.
hambone said...

alprova, They are "blinded by the light"

August 22, 2011 at 12:59 p.m.
BigRidgePatriot said...

hambone said... "When it comes to the Bush tax cuts you are, blinded by the light"

I repeat, I don't think you have a clue what my thoughts are on the Bush tax cuts. Would you care to tell me what you think they are before I respond to your comment?

August 22, 2011 at 1:05 p.m.
alprova said...

dudes_abides wrote: "You racist pigs have failed miserably to show an ounce of patriotism or fairness."

That Sir, is a very profound statement that hits the nail on the head with a fifty pound sledgehammer.

There comes a time when the only explanation for some people's unsubstantiated criticism is that they are indeed racist and that they are anything but patriots. They are so full of hate that they are rolling around in their own B.S.

All that is missing are the white sheets with little eye holes cut out in them so that they can see who it is that they are stringing up.

August 22, 2011 at 1:06 p.m.
terrybham said...

I love Clay Bennett's work. With all these comments you know he is hitting a nerve. That is the point of political cartoons. Keep up the great work.

August 22, 2011 at 1:07 p.m.

Terry, How hard is it to hit the most exposed nerve in the world? A blind squirrel could find this nut. The regular cadre of regressive fanbois are constantly fawning over Clay's simplistic colorings. Their insane arguments are the real source that drives the comments. Clay's "talking points" coloring book just brings up the topic for his 'comrades' to push their agenda. It's all the same 'flip the script' crap being pushed by the rest of his fellows on the plantation. Rattle those chains boys. We know you mean exactly the opposite of what you say.

August 22, 2011 at 2:30 p.m.
timbo said...

Alprova....This is not politics it is business concepts. They are apolitical. I hire CPA's to work for me. They are like financial plumpers. I think "bean counter" is the correct term. How they advise you about running a business in irrelevant. Their advice about accounting is. Your degree is not in economics so you don't know anything more than anyone else on that subject. Even if you had a degree in economics, degrees just prepare you to be taught. My education is the "Been in business 20 years" University. I understand what it takes to run an organization. That is unlike, you bean counters and government workers who don't know squat. As far as Fox goes, I could care less what a bunch of 20 something young women have to say to me about anything, especially business and economics. They haven't been around long enough to have practical experience. They, and you should be listening to old dogs like me. Also, I am not arguing concepts that are above debate. Business is business. The overall business and government concepts are follows: 1. You cannot spend too much, especially when your revenue is down. 2. You can borrow a certain percent of your debt versus income ratio but when you exceed a certain number, the extra interest accelerates your down slide and affects cash flow. The government then increases spending and debt to pay the extra interest. The banks have basically become loan sharks then and will suck you dry. 3. Investments are fine, but you can't make them in a hard time without a guaranteed pay back. Businesses have to see a light at the end of the tunnel before they make an investment. Things like the stimulus might work if they are targeted to certain business segments and not just thrown out to increase consumer spending. 4. Also, increasing debt and debt service might be ok for big banks and big business and big government, but for the driver of this economy, small business, it is a killer. If the government borrows money from US banks at a guaranteed rate and almost no chance that the US will default, who do you think they are going to loan money to first? The government, of course. So, consequently small businesses, who are a greater risk, are left out in the cold. This is happening now. Small business has no access to capital to expand. They are 75% of all business and hiring, they have no capital, they don't expand and they cannot expand and hire. 5. You can't hire a know-nothing, average, novice like the "community organizer in chief" to run your organization and expect anything but failure. His lack of experience was an insult to 99% of the businessmen in this country. I have just given you an advanced education with no political horse hockey. If it makes you feel better the average congressman knows about as little as you do. Don’t expect anyother post from me. If you would like a private consultation, I will send you my consulting rates. If you can afford them.

August 22, 2011 at 3:08 p.m.
BigRidgePatriot said...

Answers and analysis verses name calling and innuendo.

The pattern is becoming very clear. The leftists look like they are desperate.

“The Tea Party can go to Hell”, “Tea Party members are Terrorists”, “racist pigs”, “white sheets with little eye holes cut out of them”, “blinded by the light”, “Chicken Little philosophy”, “Hang the bastards”…

Timbo, you are dead nuts on about CPA’s. They are technicians, not theologians. They are trained to execute standards and crunch numbers. Asking alprova about economics is like asking an oil change mechanic how to design a car.

August 22, 2011 at 3:37 p.m.
hambone said...

The pot and the kettle are the same color, BuRP !!

August 22, 2011 at 8:04 p.m.
joepulitzer said...

FOR ONCE BENNETT GOT IT RIGHT: FOR A HOT ECONOMY, CALL ON THE GOP!!!

August 22, 2011 at 8:36 p.m.
hambone said...

timbo, Without DEMAND business doesn't have a reason to expand !! The US economy is 70% consumer ( DEMAND) based.

How would you create DEMAND?

Hire customers?

August 22, 2011 at 8:36 p.m.
BigRidgePatriot said...

Is hambone a CPA too?

You create a product or service that the consumers want.

August 22, 2011 at 9:07 p.m.
rolando said...

That's way too easy an answer for them to comprehend, BigRidge.

It takes someone like the liberal windbag on here to pontificate for two or three pages before it takes.

August 22, 2011 at 9:12 p.m.
hambone said...

Simple minds, simple answers!!

August 22, 2011 at 9:22 p.m.
BobMKE said...

The Tea Party has also been called extreme. Here in Wisconsin when Gov. Scott Walker did the following, is it EXTREME? Lower taxes? Lower business taxes? Eliminate the 3.6 billion dollar deficit? State has a budget surplus? Pay off the 233 million dollar raid on the Malpractice Fund? Pay off the debt owed to MN? Increase Medicaid payments? TORT reform? Capped Ins. Premiums? Helped with business regulations? 13,000 new jobs in WI? Passed voter ID? Passed Concealed Carry Law with Bi-Partisan support? No State employee lay-offs? Several Cities & School Boards have budget surpluses?

The 14 Senators left the State for three weeks because they didn't agree with the reforms. They wanted the victimhood voters to vote for them in the future. So much for doing the right thing for the State.

Now, what is Extreme about the above? Why can't the Federal Government do the same thing? Numerous States are following Wisconsin and it will get to the Federal Government in 2012 with the election of people who will put their Country before their party.

August 22, 2011 at 9:27 p.m.
BigRidgePatriot said...

Nice summary BobMKE. Look what can happen with good conservative leadership and a legislative branch that is not dominated by Democrats.

August 22, 2011 at 9:35 p.m.
BigRidgePatriot said...

hambone said... "Simple minds, simple answers!!"

It was a simple question. Somewhat beyond the ability of a leftist to comprehend however! Your inability to realize how profoundly obvious the answer was demonstrates how clouded your mind has become listening to the convoluted "logic" of your leaders.

August 22, 2011 at 9:37 p.m.
hambone said...

Wisconson lost 12,500 private sector jobs in July.

August 22, 2011 at 9:44 p.m.
BobMKE said...

Hambone,

Wrong. Quit cherry picking. What about the rest of the reforms? Do you have the nerve to respond?

Everyone, check out the below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-tZq4CWLi0&feature=youtu.be

August 22, 2011 at 9:48 p.m.
hambone said...

If your one of the 12,500 it's not cherry pickin !

August 22, 2011 at 10:11 p.m.
timbo said...

Guys, just like always the libs don't have an answer ,just the same line . Have they ever had an original thought . I guess they used all of there democrat talking points 4 the day. They also suffer from political dyslexia . no matter how you explain it they just can't understand.

August 22, 2011 at 10:15 p.m.
alprova said...

Timbo wrote: "Alprova....I hire CPA's to work for me. They are like financial plumpers. I think "bean counter" is the correct term. How they advise you about running a business in irrelevant. Their advice about accounting is. Your degree is not in economics so you don't know anything more than anyone else on that subject."

On the contrary. I audit and administer retirement and investment programs. I own my own business. I have never worked for anyone else as a CPA. While I count beans rather well, to be clear, I do much more than that.

"Even if you had a degree in economics, degrees just prepare you to be taught. My education is the "Been in business 20 years" University. I understand what it takes to run an organization. That is unlike, you bean counters and government workers who don't know squat."

Well Sir, with all due respect, I've been in business for myself for more than 30 years, and I've owned three separate other kinds of businesses as well. I've owned a trucking company, two convenience stores, and multiple warehouses.

"As far as Fox goes, I could care less what a bunch of 20 something young women have to say to me about anything, especially business and economics. They haven't been around long enough to have practical experience. They, and you should be listening to old dogs like me."

You're a legend in your own mind.

"If the government borrows money from US banks at a guaranteed rate and almost no chance that the US will default, who do you think they are going to loan money to first? The government, of course. So, consequently small businesses, who are a greater risk, are left out in the cold."

This is what happens when people flit from bank to bank. I've been banking with the same two banks since I graduated high school. I can walk into my bank and sign for any amount of money that I need or want.

Word of advice: Avoid the national banks. They know you not. I invest in my local community and my bank does as well.

"You can't hire a know-nothing, average, novice like the "community organizer in chief" to run your organization and expect anything but failure. His lack of experience was an insult to 99% of the businessmen in this country. I have just given you an advanced education with no political horse hockey."

That's debatable. President Obama is as qualified as any President that has graced the Oval Office over the past 50 years. Look it up. I did and posted the facts last week.

"If it makes you feel better the average congressman knows about as little as you do. Don’t expect anyother post from me. If you would like a private consultation, I will send you my consulting rates. If you can afford them."

You're a smug little ass aren't you? Thanks, but no thanks. I don't need any consultations in business from you. I doubt you know as much as you think you do. If what you posted is a digest, you're not blowing my skirts up, that's for sure.

August 22, 2011 at 11:02 p.m.
hambone said...

What's worse than someone who doesn't know what they are doing?

Someone that doesn't know that they don't know what they are doing!!!

August 22, 2011 at 11:26 p.m.
dude_abides said...

Jesus Christ on a seesaw, timbo, that last post was a train wreck! Spelling, grammar, syntax... all while trumpeting your exorbitant consultation fees. If that post is an example of your thoroughness, your consultation fees should be paid in Monopoly money.

August 22, 2011 at 11:33 p.m.
blackwater48 said...

ECONOMICS 101

Timbow tried to enlighten us with this sugar plum: To my conservative friends, stop arguing with them. These people are intelligent but nuts. They are like children. Think about explaining economics to a some aboriginal in Borneo. You would have about the same luck. Don't waste your time. Just get ready for the meltdown. It is inevitable.

I haven't seen anyone really defend 'trickle down' economics. Oh somebody please do. Because under Reagan and Bush (sorry dumb blonde) things were totally awesome and prosperous so long as you ignored the national debt and the deficit.

Trickle down economics: total failure. One of the dumbest ideas every peddled to the American people. The fact that many of you yahoos are still trying to defend it, without a shred of financial or economic evidence, is testimony to the brilliant propaganda job perpetrated by the head of the republican campaign committee, Boss Limbaugh.

You cannot defend 'Trickle down' economics. It only exists to redistribute the wealth from the poor and middle class to the rich.

I guess there is no such thing as 'too rich,' or 'I've got plenty, don't need no more.'

Please oh please oh please, will one of you tea bagging conservative republicans please explain how taxing the poor and middle class while coddling the rich is the sure fire way to turn the economy around and give America a jump start on the road to prosperity.

P-P-P-Please?

August 23, 2011 at 1:56 a.m.
alprova said...

L4F wrote: "I was unemployed for almost two years, me and 300 other people got laid off 3 months after Obama's inauguration. On the other hand, some of those employees voted for Obama, some even displayed pro-Obama propaganda on their cubes, so I guess Karma's a b-word."

So, if I am to understand what you are trying to say, you're blaming President Obama for the fact that you were laid off three months after he was elected? That's a little weak, don't you think?

"That's irrelevant, businesses should succeed or fail based on their own merits. I'd rather see the Japs and the Germans buying so-called "American" car companies and making products that sell, than Obama giving them billions they'll never be able to replay."

In normal economies, I would agree with you. Had GM and Chrysler been allowed to have failed under the circumstances, we'd still be dealing with 25% unemployment rates.

"By the way, your boyfriend Obama just raised the mileage rates and GM and his fellow moochers were happy. Why? Because they don't mind forcing Americans to pay more for cars now that big daddy Obama can give them a loan anytime they need help."

Well, "Big Daddy" as you call him has only a certain amount of time left in office. I seriously doubt that this is a long term strategy being considered by GM.

"The cost of Obamacare, unsecured liabilities, and everything else he has done is more than all the other presidents combined. Besides, he promised fiscal responsibility inheriting a $20,000 credit card debt doesn't mean you apply for another credit card."

I can think of many things that eclipse Obamacare. But why argue about it? The experts can't even agree on that one.

"You use the facts that help you advance your argument, and ignore those that don't. I do the same, so we're not that different except that my philosophy leads to capitalism and freedom while yours leads to socialism and serfdom."

God Bless Socialism. God's one and only Son started the concept many years ago. Helping out your fellow man is the right thing to do, even when it is forced upon you to do it. In the absence of enough people willing pick and choose whom they are willing to help, what other choice is there but for the Government to step in and take care of things?

Your contributions, as they are called, are minute. So minute in fact, that you can't begin to define where they end up going.

Sefdom? Really? That's a bit of a stretch, don't you think? I sure do.

August 23, 2011 at 3:40 a.m.
hambone said...

If Obama said " I don't like apple pie"

GOP/Teabaggers would say " Obama is un-American"

If Obama said " I like apple pie"

GOP/Teabaggers would say " apple pie is a socialist plot"

August 23, 2011 at 6:25 a.m.
timbo said...

Aprova....as far as been texting grammar ,I'm using the voice dial on my cellphone . I am too busy to sit my computer all day playing gotcha what a bunch of uninformed liberals. Smug ass ? Well, excuuuusssseer. Meeeeeee. I am great time after time people what do you and blackwater and the rest of you liberals smuggly talking down certified for stupid when you get a little pay back you start to whine. grow up as far as a mamas qualifications to run a flea circus much less a country is insane. Clinton was 10 times smarter than obama . he was a 4 time vernor balanced every budget and work with a republican congress to balance the budget . if you want you to deify some democrat , he is a better candidate . he actually manage somethingand accomplishments . why don't you enlighten us about obama's qualifications . I need a good laugh .

August 23, 2011 at 9:53 a.m.
BigRidgePatriot said...

timbo said... "no matter how you explain it they just can't understand."

Reminds me of a T-shirt...

I Can Explain It For You... I Cannot Understand It For You!

August 23, 2011 at 12:14 p.m.
BigRidgePatriot said...

alprova said... "God Bless Socialism. God's one and only Son started the concept many years ago."

This is one of the great leftist lies. If you institutionalize (false) philanthropy you take away the individual’s right to choose to be compassionate or not. The act of voluntarily sacrificing for others is what is what is important to God. Your redistribution by force of government has nothing to do with that. (Expletive deleted!)

August 23, 2011 at 12:22 p.m.
BobMKE said...

"Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery. Marxists who promised to redistribute the wealth have only succeeded in redistributing the povery."

Winston Churchill

August 23, 2011 at 1:21 p.m.
timbo said...

OK, I ADMIT IT, MY POST MADE NO SENSE. I CAN’T USE MY CELL PHONE ANYMORE. HERE IS A CORRECTION: Aprova....as far as my syntax and grammar, I'm using the voice dial on my cell phone. I am too busy to sit by my computer all day playing gotcha with a bunch of uninformed liberals. Smug ass? Well, excuuuussssee Meeeeeee. I have seen time after time liberals like you and blackwater smugly talking down about how stupid conservatives are. That is exactly who Bennett just did again. When you get a little pay back you start to whine. I am just fighting fire with fire. Grow up.
Obama’s doesn’t have the qualifications to run a flea circus much less a country. Anyone who thinks so is insane. Clinton was 10 times smarter than Obama . He was a 4 time governor who balanced every budget and worked with a republican congress to balance the budget. If you want you to deify some Democrat, he is a better candidate. He actually managed something and had accomplishments. Why don't you enlighten us about Obama’s qualifications? I need a good laugh. BY THE WAY, ALL YOU GRAMMAR POLICE SHOULD KNOW THAT EVERYONE BUT CHET123 HAS SPELL AND GRAMMAR CHECK ON THEIR COMPUTER. IF IT ISN’T CORRECT, YOU WOULD FAIRLY ASSUME THAT SOMEONE WAS E-MAILING FROM THEIR PHONE OR OTHER PORTABLE DEVICE.

August 23, 2011 at 2:02 p.m.
Leaf said...

I actually don't need spell or grammar-check. I'm an educated native English speaker. Just sayin'.

. . . Well, after that fun little bit of pomposity I hope I don't misspell anything below.

So, what many people don't realize or acknowledge, is that times of economic downturn don't hurt the wealthy. This is when you can get stuff at bargain prices. So it really isn't necessarily in the best interests of the moneyed interests in Washington to pull together and get the economy humming again.

An economic downturn doesn't hurt them but raising the capital gains tax would, so there is no downside (except moral) to holding the economy hostage in return for continued low taxes. That, my friends, is the motive. We already know the method and the victim.

August 23, 2011 at 3:20 p.m.
timbo said...

Leaf.....I didn't say I needed it, I said since it exists there is little chance that I was on a computer.

Also, like many liberals you are confused about who the "moneyed interests" are. If you are talking about large corporations and people like Warren Buffet. I agree. If you are talking about people who make $200,000-$350,000, I don't agree. Those are a lot of small business people who need their profit to help cash flow. You are confusing the people who play the pyramid scheme, oops, I mean the stock market with those of us who own things that produce jobs and products.

Your pontificating about who is holding the economy hostage is patently wrong. Obama and the democrats keep saying we need more revenue,which by their past transgressions on this subject, insure that they will spend it. The republicans will do basically the same thing but spend it on something else. If increased taxes go to the deficit I am ok, but they won't.

The reason the unemployed are victims is because a socialist leaning government is spending so much money that the job creators, and I mean small business, are afraid of what he will do next. So, their money in on the sidelines.

Again, just another democrat talking point with no fore thought. The The standard socialist answer..tax everyone you think is rich. How original.

August 23, 2011 at 3:49 p.m.

Another piss poor attempt by Bennett. Is he trying to draw Obama or is this a drawing of Michael Steele or a black Jay Leno?

Obama doesn't take the lead on anything. He never has and he never will. So to think that he will somehow lead us to economic recovery is simply naive and silly.

No. Obama will allow Congress to fight his fights then he'll take to the teleprompoter to blame his failures on his "enemies" which happen to be other American citizens.

August 23, 2011 at 4:16 p.m.
delmar said...

Libertarians4Freedom said...

---That's a better alternative than saving evil union-loving companies that deserve to die.

Question; Are you one of the Koch Bros.?

Libertarians4Freedom also said;

"What I refuse to do is pay more taxes so Obama can help the Jemimas and the Juanitas breeding all those unnecesary babies. By the way, I heard some schools are feeding the little bastards three times a day."

Question; Really? This is what your thought process comes up with? Gee, wouldn't want to distract you from that important Klan meeting you're primping for, so I won't ask you anything that might cause you to have to think like a human being.

Have a bigotry--I mean beautiful day!

August 23, 2011 at 7:19 p.m.
inthemiddle said...

Just heard the president may make comments about the earthquake in d.c.. Evidently the quake originated near Mineral on the little known Bush's fault. Democrat leaders have called for a full investigation into possible links to the Tea Party and a suspected terrorist plot. The Washington Monument its rumored to be leaning although conflicting reports from Fox and MSNBC struggle to determine whether it's to the left or the right. Anderson Cooper had no new reports for the fact he couldn't stop giggling after hearing tourists say it scared the poop out of them.

August 23, 2011 at 9:14 p.m.
dude_abides said...

L4F... You will pay the taxes as assessed by our African American led government. You will continue your seditious bluffing, but you will pay your taxes. You are a vicious little man of no significance to anyone. It drives you crazy that the President is of a race you believe to be inferior to you. You lash out impotently at women and children. This is a window into the void where your soul should be. Get some free professional help. I hope to God you aren't over, like, 30... because you should have grown out of that sh!t by now.

August 23, 2011 at 9:49 p.m.
fairmon said...

Why not cut out the middle man (an ineffcient wasteful government) and allow anyone to reduce their taxes by up to 20% of taxes due if they contribute to a qualified charity. The government confiscates all the tax money they can, skim off about 48% for each dollar for their own use and high paid administrators to distribute tax money to causes of their choosing.

August 23, 2011 at 10:22 p.m.
fairmon said...

I hope King Obama enjoyes his vacation, stays in good health and that his security is all it should be. Biden would be more than anyone could stomack. Obama will win in 2012 and unfortunately he will not be a lame duck POTUS and can essentially do as he pleases. We have only limited experience of what as he pleases will look like and it won't be pretty.

August 23, 2011 at 10:27 p.m.
alprova said...

L4F wrote: ""That's a better alternative than saving evil union-loving companies that deserve to die."

1.) I don't see how you can call GM a "union loving company." The unions were forced on it years ago.

2.) Saving the company from extinction was the right thing to do, and I'm quite sure that you're outvoted on that.

"He did not. Jesus never asked Caesar to help his fellow man, he believed in private charity. If I choose to tithe 10% of my income, that's my business."

Indeed it is. I'm sorry to inform you that the Jesus I know did not believe in private charity. He believed in giving the shirt off of his back to assist someone without one on theirs and urged others to do the same.

"What I refuse to do is pay more taxes so Obama can help the Jemimas and the Juanitas breeding all those unnecesary babies. By the way, I heard some schools are feeding the little bastards three times a day. Ain't that great? "Come to America, have babies, we'll feed them at school so you don't have to feed them at home.""

I don't know how to respond to the above. It is filled with so much hate and utter references to racism, that it defies and demands no response.

You really ought to be ashamed for offering it.

"Read "Bankrupt" by Glenn Beck, you'll see another choice. Or you know what? Google "Mutual Aid Societies," that's how the Germans, Irish, Jews, and other immigrants helped each other when they came to America. Instead of useless big government, we had people helping people, BY CHOICE."

Sorry, I have no regard for anything Glenn Beck has to say or writes. The man is a total hypocrite who hides behind his religion like so many other people.

"For example, if a jerk like Warren Buffet wants to pay more taxes, HE CAN! He simply has to put the additional contribution in the IRS form."

Which I have no doubt that he will do, now that he has gone on record in support of the rich paying more taxes.

"But when that a-hole wants a middle-class guy like me to pay higher capital gains just because he wants to make friends with the commies, I take it personal."

All income, regardless of where it is derived should be taxed at the same rate, that is until the taxation system is ever changed in this country.

That would be a much better goal to work towards. Until then...

August 23, 2011 at 11:51 p.m.
carlB said...

THE TOAD REPORT http://toadthoughts.blogspot.com/2011/03/facts-about-obama-spending-and-debt.html

Wednesday, March 02, 2011 Facts About Obama Spending and Debt

I am so tired of hearing from the tea baggers about how Obama ran up our debt and increased spending and is going to bankrupt the United States...It is true that spending under Obama has increased but I want to clear up all the misconceptions that you tea baggers have about how you are manipulating numbers to try and prove your point.

The bottom line is this: OBAMA HAS ONLY SUBMITTED TWO BUDGETS! THE 2010 and 2011 BUDGET. BUSH SUBMITTED THE 2009 BUDGET which was $3.1 Trillion.

Obama and Congress did have some stimulus add ons to the 2009 budget that added $185 billion (6%) to the 2009 fiscal year but it was ultimately drafted by the Bush administration.

That's how it works, the budget is always submitted the year prior to that fiscal year by the President which in this case was Bush in 2008 who submitted the 2009 budget.

So all the debt, deficit and spending numbers being used to calculate Obama's "increases" start with his 2010 budget, not Bush's 2009 budget.

The 2010 Budget was Obama's first budget. And of course with the small amount of spending increases by Obama, you have to account for the fact that he actually put the Iraq war ($130 Billion) on the budget (overseas military contingencies) which Bush did not(supplemental appropriations)...Not to mention the fact that the wars are still not over and we are still paying for them....And then of course all the interest on the Bush debt...And of course the decrease in revenue due to the Bush economy (-$420 Billion in 09). So not all of the increases in the 2010 budget were actual "Obama spending", like the $209 Billion, or 6% of our 2010 budget which is going towards interest on past debt, a lot of which is Bush's debt.

Here are the facts.

Ending in fiscal year 2001, the US had a surplus $127 Billion The DEFICIT for Bush's 2009 budget was $1.42 Trillion. Obama's 2010 Budget saw a deficit of $1.45 trillion...A 2% increase from Bush's 09 budget Obama increased our national debt by 13.8% in 2010 Bush's increased the national debt 18.8% in 2009 and had increased the debt 11.2% in 2008. The national debt at the end of 2000 before Bush's first budget was submitted was $5.6 Trillion, for the last Bush budget in 2009 the debt had increased to $11.9 Trillion, a 110% increase.

http://www.dailykos.com/blog/toad734

August 24, 2011 at 12:28 a.m.
timbo said...

Carl........you are right ,Bush is a big spender, the republican hypocrites ran at the deficit just like you say it . the problem is your obama numbers are about 1,000,000,000,000 off . the rate obama has increased the yearly deficit means that he is on track to rack up the deficit 14,000,000,000,000 more if he stays in office 8 years . that is 3 times the rate of Bush. in other words , Obama is Bush on steroids . he will spend us in to oblivion .

August 24, 2011 at 9:59 a.m.
alprova said...

L4F wrote: "Aw, liberals are so obsessed with race, tell you what, I'm gonna write your response for you: "I don't care if the Jemimas and Juanitas get welfare for having more babies than they can afford because I'm white and I feel guilty about slavery and segregation and I believe Keynesian economics will save us, and if it doesn't, so what? At least we tried." There, that's a liberal response."

First of all, you ignorant jerk, there are vastly more home grown, white women who have children in the welfare system. Second of all, I don't experience any guilt whatsoever about slavery or segregation because I have had no hand in either during my lifetime.

You have exposed yourself to be a hate filled racist with your previous two posts. You probably worship Ron Paul. He's just like you and claims to be a Libertarian too.

"Right, you know so much about Beck because you go to anti-Beck websites that tell you what to think. The difference between you and me is that I can't isolated myself from liberal ideas as easily as you can avoid libertarian, conservative or centrist ideas."

You know nothing about me. I'm wide open to anything that makes sense and that does not violate my adopted ethical standards. I have never been able to stand Glenn Beck, even before he went totally insane and started crying on television. The man is a pathological liar and has been caught many times with his pants down.

"Aw, so will you support the flat tax? Funny how it's ok for the progressive income tax to tax people at different rates, tell me, should someone with a $100,000 bond pay a 35% capital gain tax just because Warren wants to pay more taxes? Are we gonna have a progressive capital gains tax? God save us all."

No. I don't support a flat tax at all. I support the proposed FAIR TAX, which does not tax income at all. It is a tax on what one spends.

Under our current system of taxation, capital gains should be taxed like any other income. Whatever bracket you happen to fall in when your income is all totaled, should determine the rate at which you pay taxes.

August 24, 2011 at 2:10 p.m.
TinaFrench said...

My God, Timbo, how do you get that ego through the door?

September 9, 2011 at 7:15 p.m.
please login to post a comment

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.