* Hamilton County Baptist Association Building, 508 N. Market St.; 1:30 p.m. Tuesday; tax seminar for ministers and others who handle church finances led by Tennessee Baptist Convention CPA Deborah Taylor; 267-3794 or email hcba@baptist association.com.
* Philadelphia Baptist Church, 1065 Pine Grove Road, Ringgold, Ga.; 6:30 p.m. Friday; gospel music program features Promises and the Harmony Gold Quartet; 706-891-5683.
* Honestville Baptist Church, 8526 Ooltewah-Harrison Road; 5:30 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 11; gospel concert by singer/songwriters Lewis & Lewis; 238-3705.
* Country Place Restaurant, 7320 Shallowford Road; noon Thursday; luncheon meeting of Chattanooga Women's Connection features message by Donna Abbott and music by Shad and Carrie Smith; $12; free child care available with reservation; 867-5019.
* First Baptist Church, 401 Gateway Ave.; 4-8 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 13; Scenic City Women's Network "After Hours" fundraising event features vendor shopping, auction preview, message ("Gratitude Can Change Your Tomorrow") by Jan Silvious, silent auction, shopping and door prizes; $10 members, $12 visitors; reservation deadline Sunday; 698-6262 or www.scwn.org.
* Washington Hills United Methodist Church, 6216 Hadley Drive; 10:30 a.m. Friday (registration at 10 a.m.); Church Women United meeting features Christmas musical program by LaFonde McGee and white socks collection for inmates at Silverdale Detention Facilities.
Clint Cooper is the faith editor and a staff writer for the Times Free Press Life section. He also has been an assistant sports editor and Metro staff writer for the newspaper. Prior to the merger between the Chattanooga Free Press and Chattanooga Times in 1999, he was sports news editor for the Chattanooga Free Press, where he was in charge of the day-to-day content of the section and the section’s design. Before becoming sports ...