• Basic QuickBooks workshop from 8 a.m. to noon Tuesday at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. To register for the $75 course, call 756-8668
• Ambassadors luncheon from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at the Garden Plaza of Greenbriar Cove, 4586 Forsythia Way. Call 763-4357 to reserve a spot.
• MidTown council meeting at 11:45 a.m. Wednesday at the Out of the Blue Café, 3230 Brainerd Road. Lunch: $10.
• Small business orientation at 5:30 p.m. Thursday at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. The counselor discusses basic business planning including financial projections and legal entity. Call 756-8668 for more information and to register.
• Extreme entrepreneurship tour from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at Brainerd Crossings, The Crossings Room, 5001 Austin Road. Sponsored by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, the collegiate entrepreneur tour includes exhibits, workshops, and question-and-answer sessions led by successful young entrepreneurs.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right: