published Wednesday, December 28th, 2011

Photo ID

about Clay Bennett...

The son of a career army officer, Bennett led a nomadic life, attending ten different schools before graduating in 1980 from the University of North Alabama with degrees in Art and History. After brief stints as a staff artist at the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and the Fayetteville (NC) Times, he went on to serve as the editorial cartoonist for the St. Petersburg Times (1981-1994) and The Christian Science Monitor (1997-2007), before joining the staff of the ...

118
Comments do not represent the opinions of the Chattanooga Times Free Press, nor does it review every comment. Profanities, slurs and libelous remarks are prohibited. For more information you can view our Terms & Conditions and/or Ethics policy.
Salsa said...

Yes. After all, the dead have a right to vote for the democrat of their choice.

December 28, 2011 at 12:12 a.m.
OllieH said...

By all means, Salsa. We MUST stop the rampant voter fraud that is not taking place.

December 28, 2011 at 12:37 a.m.
lumpy said...

When Unions hold elections they require a photo ID. Yet, unions, which are a tool of the Democrap Party, oppose photo ID for voting in political elections.

Only those who who feel voter fraud will help their candidates get elected oppose a photo ID. Pets have photo ID's for gosh sakes.

A photo ID is required for all kinds of mundane and daily circumstances, yet somehow this is a problem for you Dems?

Your full of crap, and you know it.

And, Ollie, there is rampant voter fraud and it's 99% Democrat.

Bennett is an absolute tool of the Democrap Party, nothng more.

December 28, 2011 at 1:12 a.m.
nucanuck said...

Purple ink would solve what little voter fraud takes place by the little people. The bigger problem stems from Diebold and deep political corruption...the kind of corruption that can turn an entire state from one party to another.

Photo IDs are nothing more than petty disenfranchisement of the already marginalized poor fringe.

December 28, 2011 at 1:22 a.m.
alprova said...

"The GOP War on Voting"

In a campaign supported by the Koch brothers, Republicans are working to prevent millions of Democrats from voting next year...

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-gop-war-on-voting-20110830#ixzz1hoEPJffg

December 28, 2011 at 1:42 a.m.
fairmon said...

nucanuck said...

This is disenfranchisement of the marginalized poor.

I that all bad? Are these the same people Jefferson referenced as once learning to vote themselves wealth from the public coffers? Do you think there is a majority in that category that supports one party over the other?

December 28, 2011 at 1:53 a.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said.....

In a campaign supported by the Koch brothers, Republicans are working to prevent millions of Democrats from voting next year...

You are not normally prone to exageration but millions, all democrats, in those states requiring voter ID? Where does that statisitc come from? How are the brothers Kock supporting the voter picture ID campaign?

December 28, 2011 at 2:03 a.m.
nucanuck said...

Actually harp, the whole political arena has become so infused with corruption that worrying about process seems like trivia.

December 28, 2011 at 2:24 a.m.
onetinsoldier said...

One party wants everyone to vote and one doesn't. Just part of the reugnants soft parade of racism and manipulation. A purely disgusting form of life these repugnants are and very little they do shocks me anymore.

December 28, 2011 at 3:49 a.m.
Aze said...

Requiring a photo ID for voting is a good way to prevent fraud, that is correct. And many democracies around the world practice it without any problems. But the difference is this: Unlike in the US, in those countries everyone has to have a national photo ID anyway, so requiring voters to show it when voting is no problem. In the US on the other hand, most politicians, often the same ones that now propose this requirement for voting, were against having a nationwide mandatory photo ID.

If they really cared about reducing fraud, they would issue free IDs to every state resident. But if you do it like Perry in Texas, i.e. rushing a bill to require it through the process and then selectively only accept IDs from voter groups likely to support you (e.g. a weapon permit is a valid ID but a college ID is not), it's valid to talk about suppression of certain groups of voters.

December 28, 2011 at 4:38 a.m.
hambone said...

We keep going over this subject.

Fact is, requiring a photo ID will not stop what little voter fraud there is.

Because it's an inside job!!!

December 28, 2011 at 4:42 a.m.
fairmon said...

nucanuck said... Actually harp, the whole political arena has become so infused with corruption that worrying about process seems like trivia.

I fully agree. The supreme court ruling allowing unlimited corporate funding and contributions by business encourages more interaction between government and business. The result will be more government intervention in the markets which have not functioned as free markets in over 50 years. The bidding war to be chosen as a favorite or winner instead of a loser by government may be the among the largest causes of inflation. Once again the consumer pays.

December 28, 2011 at 5:04 a.m.
fairmon said...

My mother hasn't driven in years but has an expired license with a photo ID. Anyone know for sure if she can or cannot use the expired license with photo to vote?

December 28, 2011 at 5:12 a.m.
AndrewLohr said...

Jimmy Carter may've said things favorable to voter ID (cited in Human Events?), and didn't the Democrats in Connecticut pass it? Cartoon of partisan hatred, not of fact, not of civility. Yawn.

December 28, 2011 at 5:58 a.m.
hambone said...

Can anyone show me a documented case of voter fraud that requiring a photo ID would have stopped?

December 28, 2011 at 6:23 a.m.
davisss13 said...

Who would gladly steal the vote of an elderly black woman with nary a twinge of conscience?

A Republican, that's who.

December 28, 2011 at 6:42 a.m.
EaTn said...

With the GOP going into the 2012 presidential election split down the middle, I doubt that the voter id will make much difference. More republicans than non-id democrats will probably sit this one out.

December 28, 2011 at 6:42 a.m.
anniebelle said...

For anybody on here that is interested in 'facts' opposed to made up 'crap', here's some numbers for you. Since 1997 out of 593 Million votes cast, there have been 6 voter fraud cases prosecuted. Now I know for you knuckle draggers on here, that seems like a HUGE number (compared to your i.q.) so let me give you a little number you might understand better - that's 0.000001% - so clearly we need to spend millions of taxpayer's dollars to stop this massive fraud.

December 28, 2011 at 7:02 a.m.
davisss13 said...

This article explains where it all comes from. The disenfranchising, the stealing of votes, the hurdles, hoops to voting and, surprisingly, the admission comes from a Republican.

Registering the Poor to Vote is Un-American By Matthew Vadum

Why are left-wing activist groups so keen on registering the poor to vote?

Because they know the poor can be counted on to vote themselves more benefits by electing redistributionist politicians. Welfare recipients are particularly open to demagoguery and bribery.

Registering them to vote is like handing out burglary tools to criminals. It is profoundly antisocial and un-American to empower the nonproductive segments of the population to destroy the country -- which is precisely why Barack Obama zealously supports registering welfare recipients to vote.

American Thinker

December 28, 2011 at 7:36 a.m.
davisss13 said...

Thanks annie, these so-called 'fiscal conservatives' will throw away unlimited amounts of cash if they can eliminate any opposition votes. The sad thing about it is they wrap it in the shroud of fake ethics and morality.

93-Year-Old Tennessee Woman Who Cleaned State Capitol For 30 Years Denied Voter ID

stolen vote

The free IDs are a scam. The Republicans throw that in there but implementing it is a whole different matter. This guy was fired for trying to make sure people knew about it. You GD Republicans are disgusting. You'll do anything to win, cheat, lie, steal votes.

Wisconsin State Worker Fired After Telling Coworkers About Controversial Voter ID Policy

fired over free IDs

You GOPers are frauds.

December 28, 2011 at 7:44 a.m.
alprova said...

Harp3339 wrote: "You are not normally prone to exageration but millions, all democrats, in those states requiring voter ID? Where does that statisitc come from? How are the brothers Kock supporting the voter picture ID campaign?"

Read the article. It lays it all out rather well. But just in case you are prone to not desiring to learn something, I'll hit the highlights for you;

"I don't want everybody to vote," the influential conservative activist Paul Weyrich told a gathering of evangelical leaders in 1980. "As a matter of fact, our leverage in the elections quite candidly goes up as the voting populace goes down."

"But since the 2010 election, thanks to a conservative advocacy group founded by Weyrich, the GOP's effort to disrupt voting rights has been more widespread and effective than ever. In a systematic campaign orchestrated by the American Legislative Exchange Council – and funded in part by David and Charles Koch, the billionaire brothers who bankrolled the Tea Party – 38 states introduced legislation this year designed to impede voters at every step of the electoral process."

"Kansas and Alabama now require would-be voters to provide proof of citizenship before registering. Florida and Texas made it harder for groups like the League of Women Voters to register new voters."

"Since January, six states have introduced legislation to impose new restrictions on voter registration drives run by groups like Rock the Vote and the League of Women Voters. In May, the GOP-controlled legislature in Florida passed a law requiring anyone who signs up new voters to hand in registration forms to the state board of elections within 48 hours of collecting them, and to comply with a barrage of onerous, bureaucratic requirements. Those found to have submitted late forms would face a $1,000 fine, as well as possible felony prosecution."

"As a result, the law threatens to turn civic-minded volunteers into inadvertent criminals."

"Maine repealed Election Day voter registration, which had been on the books since 1973. Five states – Florida, Georgia, Ohio, Tennessee and West Virginia – cut short their early voting periods."

"Republican support for early voting vanished after Obama utilized it as a key part of his strategy in 2008. Nearly 30 percent of the electorate voted early that year, and they favored Obama over McCain by 10 points. The strategy proved especially effective in Florida, where blacks outnumbered whites by two to one among early voters, and in Ohio, where Obama received fewer votes than McCain on Election Day but ended up winning by 263,000 ballots, thanks to his advantage among early voters in urban areas like Cleveland and Columbus."

"In April 2008, the Supreme Court upheld a photo-ID law in Indiana, even though state GOP officials couldn't provide a single instance of a voter committing the type of fraud the new ID law was supposed to stop."

(To be cont.)

December 28, 2011 at 7:48 a.m.
alprova said...

(Cont.)

"Emboldened by the ruling, Republicans launched a nationwide effort to implement similar barriers to voting in dozens of states."

"In Texas, under "emergency" legislation passed by the GOP-dominated legislature and signed by Gov. Rick Perry, a concealed-weapon permit is considered an acceptable ID but a student ID is not. Republicans in Wisconsin, meanwhile, mandated that students can only vote if their IDs include a current address, birth date, signature and two-year expiration date – requirements that no college or university ID in the state currently meets."

" As a result, 242,000 students in Wisconsin may lack the documentation required to vote next year."

"The barriers erected in Texas and Wisconsin go beyond what the Supreme Court upheld in Indiana, where 99 percent of state voters possess the requisite IDs and can turn to full-time DMVs in every county to obtain the proper documentation."

"...roughly half of all black and Hispanic residents in Wisconsin do not have a driver's license, and the state staffs barely half as many DMVs as Indiana – a quarter of which are open less than one day a month. To make matters worse, Gov. Scott Walker tried to shut down 16 more DMVs – many of them located in Democratic-leaning areas. In one case, Walker planned to close a DMV in Fort Atkinson, a liberal stronghold, while opening a new office 30 minutes away in the conservative district of Watertown."

"One of the most restrictive laws requiring voter IDs was passed in South Carolina. To obtain the free state ID now required to vote, the 178,000 South Carolinians who currently lack one must pay for a passport or a birth certificate. "It's the stepsister of the poll tax," says Browne-Dianis of the Advancement Project. Under the new law, many elderly black residents – who were born at home in the segregated South and never had a birth certificate – must now go to family court to prove their identity. Given that obtaining fake birth certificates is one of the country's biggest sources of fraud, the new law may actually prompt some voters to illegally procure a birth certificate in order to legally vote – all in the name of combating voter fraud."

"For those voters who manage to get a legitimate birth certificate, obtaining a voter ID from the DMV is likely to be hellishly time-consuming. A reporter for the Tri-State Defender in Memphis, Tennessee – another state now mandating voter IDs – recently waited for four hours on a sweltering July day just to see a DMV clerk. The paper found that the longest lines occur in urban precincts, a clear violation of the Voting Rights Act, which bars states from erecting hurdles to voting in minority jurisdictions."

(To be cont.)

December 28, 2011 at 7:55 a.m.
alprova said...

(Cont.)

"The most sweeping tactic in the GOP campaign against voting is simply to make it illegal for certain voters to cast ballots in any election. As the Republican governor of Florida, Charlie Crist restored the voting rights of 154,000 former prisoners who had been convicted of nonviolent crimes. But in March, after only 30 minutes of public debate, Gov. Rick Scott overturned his predecessor's decision, instantly disenfranchising 97,491 ex-felons and prohibiting another 1.1 million prisoners from being allowed to vote after serving their time."

"Why should we disenfranchise people forever once they've paid their price?" Bill Clinton asked during his speech in July. "Because most of them in Florida were African-Americans and Hispanics and would tend to vote for Democrats – that's why."

"A similar reversal by a Republican governor recently took place in Iowa, where Gov. Terry Branstad overturned his predecessor's decision to restore voting rights to 100,000 ex-felons. The move threatens to return Iowa to the recent past, when more than five percent of all residents were denied the right to vote – including a third of the state's black residents. In addition, Florida and Iowa join Kentucky and Virginia as the only states that require all former felons to apply for the right to vote after finishing their prison sentences."

"Come Election Day 2012, such problems will only be exacerbated by the flood of new laws implemented by Republicans. Instead of a single fiasco in Florida, experts warn, there could be chaos in a dozen states as voters find themselves barred from the polls. "Our democracy is supposed to be a government by, of and for the people," says Browne-Dianis. "It doesn't matter how much money you have, what race you are or where you live in the country – we all get to have the same amount of power by going into the voting booth on Election Day. But those who passed these laws believe that only some people should participate. The restrictions undermine democracy by cutting off the voices of the people."..."

December 28, 2011 at 8 a.m.
davisss13 said...

Thanks alprova, that is an excellent article.

December 28, 2011 at 8:21 a.m.
alprova said...

Harp3339 Inquired: "My mother hasn't driven in years but has an expired license with a photo ID. Anyone know for sure if she can or cannot use the expired license with photo to vote?"

If your mother lives in Tennessee, then yes an expired driver's license meets the requirements.

From the Tennessee Department of Safety & Homeland Security website;

Acceptable forms of ID include:

Tennessee driver license with a photo (current or expired);

A driver license issued by another state (current or expired);

U.S. passport;

Federal employee ID with photo;

State employee ID with photo (including those issued by state universities);

U.S. military ID; or

Gun permit card with a photo.

Source: http://www.tn.gov/safety/photoids.shtml

December 28, 2011 at 8:21 a.m.
alprova said...

Davisss13 wrote: "Thanks alprova, that is an excellent article."

You're welcome, and I thought so too when I read it.

December 28, 2011 at 8:31 a.m.
ricardo said...

Republicans use voter suppression laws to keep Democratic voters away from the polls. Democrats use John McCain and Mitt Romney to keep GOP voters away from the polls.

December 28, 2011 at 8:40 a.m.
gremlinone said...

As anniebelle has so correctly pointed out, voter fraud is not an issue. However, there is an issue here and it's election fraud, to call it by it's true name. Election fraud, as when the Supreme Court steals an election and installs a non-elected President. As when legistative districts are gerrymandered to take or retain control by a particular group. As when particular groups of citizens are systematically prevented from voting. I could cite other instances, but you get the point. That is election fraud and it is plainly and simply un-American. To call it anything else is nothing but obsfucation.

December 28, 2011 at 8:43 a.m.
rolando said...

Harp -- "Anyone know for sure if she can or cannot use the expired license with photo to vote?"

My long-expired US passport [military issued] will be acceptable, harp. I checked.

December 28, 2011 at 8:50 a.m.
alprova said...

tu_quoque wrote: ""So I see that Toonboy has finally got around to the obligatory Libtard talking point that the GOP passed voter I.D. laws are voter suppression and violate the voting rights law of 1965. I'm not even going to go to the video replay on this one because this is clearly B.S."

Clearly it is not.

"Since Toonboy is not up to coming on the old web site and defend his claims I guess we will have to hash this out ourselves."

Unlike yourself, most of us understand that Clay brings up the topics. We debate them.

"This will be so much fun with all of the details we can drag here, such as:"

"A racist Justice Department"

A baseless accusation.

"A known criminal Attorney General"

Really? What crime has the AG been convicted of?

"The New Black Panther Party's voter intimidation"

Another baseless accusation. Not so much as one complaint of intimidation was ever lodged against any member of the Black Panthers by a private citizen in Pennsylvania as a result of that incident.

"The J.D.'s rejection of South Carolina's law that was identical to Georgia's which was approved by the Federal Courts"

South Carolina's law differed in the requirements for proof of birth.

Georgia requires "Documentation showing the voter’s date of birth;"

Source: http://www.sos.ga.gov/gaphotoid/Voter%20IDRequirements_printer%20final.pdf

South Carolina required paying to obtain a birth certificate or a passport, if an applicant did not already have one in their possession, in order to meet documentation requirements.

"The fact that any voter can vote legally without the slightest of effort"

Clearly, that is not the case for anyone who does not currently have an acceptable form of photographic I.D. in their possession.

"That the J.D. lied in their response to the South Carolina law"

No they didn't.

"That Section 5 of the Voting Rights Act will get much attention and will result in it not being reauthorized by Congress."

It remains in effect until 2031.

"That the question is not the amount of voter fraud there is but are the laws discriminatory."

And the resounding answer to that is "Yes."

"The fact that the SCOTUS has approved the concept of Voter I.D.'s"

Ah, but not all states have enacted the same set of I.D. standards, nor have they provided equal and unfettered access to everyone in obtaining acceptable forms of photographic I.D.

"I'll check back later to see all of the bat $(%& crazy posts that the Fleabaggers have grunted out."

Like anyone truly cares what you have to offer in response on the subject.

December 28, 2011 at 8:59 a.m.
rolando said...

Can anyone show me a documented case of voter fraud that requiring a photo ID would have stopped?

Piece of cake, ham. Go to this on in 2009 in Minnisota.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123111967642552909.html

Or this one: http://theblogprof.blogspot.com/2009/04/detroit-has-more-registered-voters-than.html

How about this one from a 2006 election? http://www.wisn.com/r/4472834/detail.html

Yet another from 2008: http://sayanythingblog.com/entry/more_voter_registration_shenanigans_indianapolis_has_105_of_its_population/

And that is from just the first 6 or 8 Google entries and only goes back 5 years or so.

Bet you regret asking that one, huh?

December 28, 2011 at 8:59 a.m.
rolando said...

Sure a lot of cannon-roaring going on here from the libtards with few holes in the target...[tip o' the hat to harp].

December 28, 2011 at 9:04 a.m.
davisss13 said...

As far as I'm concerned the posts here prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that the GOP does, indeed, have a systematic plan to disenfranchise voters that might be more apt to vote Democrat.

December 28, 2011 at 9:08 a.m.
rolando said...

anniebelle, you are full of it. Our elections are ]still] secret.

If 1100 ballots are cast and only 900 people are registered to vote, which ballots are thrown out and which 200 voters are prosecuted?

The time to stop that fraud is before the vote.

And that, Democrats cannot abide.

December 28, 2011 at 9:09 a.m.
rolando said...

No, davissssss, it is to stop those who vote illegally; the dead, the felons, the multi-voters. You know, the ones who traditionally happen to be Decocrats. Pure happenstance.

December 28, 2011 at 9:12 a.m.
rolando said...

Republicans use voter suppression laws to keep Democratic voters away from the polls. Democrats use John McCain and Mitt Romney to keep GOP voters away from the polls.

Rather good that one, ricardo. Sad, but true. RINOs turn us off.
Just the same, thanks for the belly-laugh.

The switch-voting Democrat primary voters had and will have more than a bit to do with it. I am not sure why the RNC [by whatever name] continues to allows registered Democrats to vote in its primary elections... Maybe its S&M.....

December 28, 2011 at 9:19 a.m.
davisss13 said...

rolando said...

No, davissssss, it is to stop those who vote illegally; the dead, the felons, the multi-voters. You know, the ones who traditionally happen to be Decocrats. Pure happenstance.

You lie. Every. Single. Day.

You have -0- credibility and -0- honor. Your morals and ethics are purely situational, to be dismissed in a heartbeat if it favors the Republican party.

December 28, 2011 at 9:43 a.m.
Livn4life said...

WANTED: A Cartoon depicting the persons who were legally born in the US, who have paid into Social Security being raped by the federal government, who have paid taxes out the wazoo only to have the government allow to vote people who are here illegally and allow them access to benefits which belong only to ones who have paid into the system. But Drawboy has to continually zap those Naughty Republicans.

December 28, 2011 at 9:48 a.m.
riverman said...

The poor and stupid should not be allowed to vote. Oh, I forgot, that would eliminate the Democratic Party.

December 28, 2011 at 9:51 a.m.
Walden said...

So much written diarrhea from the likes of Alprova.

This is simple folks. The bottom line is: the fact that Dems are so opposed to photo ids is prima facie evidence that they are trying to protect their ability to commit voter fraud, especially in their coveted ghettos.

December 28, 2011 at 9:51 a.m.
alprova said...

In response to the question: Can anyone show me a documented case of voter fraud that requiring a photo ID would have stopped?

Rolando offered: "Piece of cake, ham. Go to this on in 2009 in Minnisota. (sic)"

"http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123111967642552909.html"

Wow Rolando, I'm impressed that you actually took the time to post a link to attempt to back up something you wrote about. Too bad that the links you offered go to such non-related issues.

Did you read the article in question above? The issue was recounting of votes and the duplication of damaged ballots, hardly a related issue to voter I.D. laws.

"Or this one: http://theblogprof.blogspot.com/2009/04/detroit-has-more-registered-voters-than.html"

Notwithstanding the fact that this is a link to an ignorant blogger, the issue of having more voters on voter lists than are there people in a district is easily explained.

People die. And the last time I checked, people that die are unable to notify voting precincts of their death and to request to be removed from active voter lists.

In Georgia, you register to vote one time, if you vote on a regular basis. One is purged from the active voter lists only after several years of inactivity on the part of a registered voter to appear at the polls. I'm sure that is the same in other states as well.

"How about this one from a 2006 election? http://www.wisn.com/r/4472834/detail.html"

Oops!! You again failed to read the article to it's conclusion. The final sentence in it read, "Both he and the governor said voter identification would not have solved the problems."

"Yet another from 2008: http://sayanythingblog.com/entry/more_voter_registration_shenanigans_indianapolis_has_105_of_its_population/"

Try to focus on the fact that what a blogger says is not evidence of anything. More often than not, they are merely opinions.

Again, in that one, the population issue is raised. Dead people are not routinely purged from voter lists until oftentimes, several years after someone dies.

This blogger brought up ACORN and the issue of voter registration drives. The last time I checked, urging people and assisting them to register to vote is very legal in this nation. And to date, ACORN itself has not been convicted in any court around the land of violating so much as one law.

"And that is from just the first 6 or 8 Google entries and only goes back 5 years or so."

The question asked was, "Can anyone show me a documented case of voter fraud that requiring a photo ID would have stopped?"

Not one of the supplied links points to any proof whatsoever that voter I.D. laws have prevented so much as one case of voter fraud.

"Bet you regret asking that one, huh?"

Not half as bad as you should be regretting your feeble attempt to address it, that's for sure.

December 28, 2011 at 9:55 a.m.

Here's my opinion:

They can require photo ID to vote when they are required, as a matter of law, to provide photo ID. As in, if you don't have a photo ID, they have to come to you, and provide it, seek out documentation, and otherwise make the effort. At the least, it should be provided in a fashion that is local and convenient, and not require you to go out of your own county or even election district.

Also, for those using expired IDs, one thing I'd be concerned about is the address on it, I would check to make sure whether or not they need to be for the address you intend to vote as a resident of or not.

December 28, 2011 at 10:02 a.m.
alprova said...

L4L wrote: ""WANTED: A Cartoon depicting the persons who were legally born in the US, who have paid into Social Security being raped by the federal government, who have paid taxes out the wazoo only to have the government allow to vote people who are here illegally and allow them access to benefits which belong only to ones who have paid into the system. But Drawboy has to continually zap those Naughty Republicans."*

Could that be because it isn't happening? Illegal workers are not entitled to Social Security benefits, under any scenario imaginable.

Here...read it for yourself;

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/pending/mexican.asp

December 28, 2011 at 10:08 a.m.
rolando said...

alprova said, Wow Rolando, I'm impressed that you actually took the time to post a link to attempt to back up something you wrote about.

That in essence is your entire post, summarized. That and something about inapplicability...

And you are easily impressed so that comment is worth less than nothing, too.

Unlike you, I don't make things up or distort them egregiously. The reply was based on fact, as cited.

You obviously cannot make the easy leap in logic to conclude that eliminating the illegally registered -- via Photo ID -- helps eliminate voter fraud.

[Lots of sentences for you to pick apart up there. Just remember when you reply, I only read your first sentence or two...those are the gist of your entire post.]

December 28, 2011 at 10:09 a.m.
alprova said...

Walden wrote: "So much written diarrhea from the likes of Alprova."

You can't refute the issues raised, so attacking me for bringing the message to this forum is all you have to offer. How quaint.

"This is simple folks. The bottom line is: the fact that Dems are so opposed to photo ids is prima facie evidence that they are trying to protect their ability to commit voter fraud, especially in their coveted ghettos."

Wow, and you're a blatant racist to boot.

December 28, 2011 at 10:14 a.m.
alprova said...

Rolando fired back with: "That in essence is your entire post, summarized. That and something about inapplicability..."

Huh?

"And you are easily impressed so that comment is worth less than nothing, too."

Huh?

"Unlike you, I don't make things up or distort them egregiously. The reply was based on fact, as cited."

What fact? You supplied a link to an article about Minnesota law that allows the duplication of damaged ballots, two links to blog posts about there being more registered voters than living residents in a district, and nothing in regard to solid evidence that voter fraud occurred, much less that has or will be prevented by the institution of voter I.D. laws.

"You obviously cannot make the easy leap in logic to conclude that eliminating the illegally registered -- via Photo ID -- helps eliminate voter fraud."

First of all, the burden of proof to demonstrate that voter fraud is a widespread problem to begin with, is upon those who allege it. To date, no credible evidence exists that it has occurred in numbers high enough to demand action to prevent it, nor at the cost of disenfranchising potentially millions of people in the process of preventing it.

"[Lots of sentences for you to pick apart up there. Just remember when you reply, I only read your first sentence or two...those are the gist of your entire post.]"

I don't reply for your sake. What you read in my posts is of no concern to me. You are a lost cause. I reply for the benefit of others who might take you seriously.

Don't blame me for any lack of your ability to address a subject credibly or with evidence that actually addresses the issue at hand.

December 28, 2011 at 10:28 a.m.
davisss13 said...

The free IDs are a scam. The GOPers in Wisconsin got a guy fired for sending out an email informing his fellow employees to offer them.

Wisconsin State Worker Fired After Telling Coworkers About Controversial Voter ID Policy

link:

FIRED

December 28, 2011 at 11:09 a.m.
dude_abides said...

lol... alprova's throwing heat today! rolando whiffs and throws his helmet into the dugout! harp pretends to root for both teams. timbo waits to drag the infield. the Frenchman is in the clubhouse drinking.

December 28, 2011 at 11:24 a.m.
fairmon said...

Thanka alprova for the info. on license and the article.

December 28, 2011 at 11:30 a.m.
hambone said...

Thanks alprova, you made my point completely. The only voter fraud that can be found by anyone involves misconduct by officials and poll workers. Requiring photo IDs won't touch these.

I see that there is a great orginized effort being made in most states to get the poor and elderly (democratic voters ) photo IDs.

But no orginized effort by GOP to get the elderly (GOP voters ) photo IDs.

Can you say BACKFIRE!!

December 28, 2011 at 12:30 p.m.
hambone said...

Or, should I say rolando made my point.

And just don't know it !!

December 28, 2011 at 12:39 p.m.
Walden said...

Alprova, please enlighten me as to how my comment can be construed as racist. Nothing in my comment implies that I consider any other race to be inferior to my own. You idiot libs throw that term around with stupid reckless abandon.

December 28, 2011 at 1:50 p.m.

Alprova quoted the section in question, but I would say the key point is "especially in their coveted ghettos." which is pretty clearly a demonstration of discrimination. It may be you are equally biased against all of the poor, so racism may not be the best term, but I would not say that the other option is significantly better.

December 28, 2011 at 2:06 p.m.
alprova said...

happywithnewbulbs is right.

Therefore your use of the word "ghetto" for effect was to refer to the alleged act of voter fraud perpetrated by people of color.

Walden, I hate to inform you, but there is no more evidence of voter fraud committed by blacks, than there is that Democrats have engaged in widespread acts of voter fraud.

There is however, ample evidence that Republicans have every desire to limit access to voting by people falling into groups who traditionally vote for Democrats.

And you know what? It's still not going to sway elections your way.

We have a field of Republican Presidential hopefuls, of which none of them can garner enough support to be a front-runner for more than a week at a time.

All the attempts in the world to limit legitimate votes from being cast is still not going to sway those that the Republicans allow to the polls to cast votes for them.

It's going to result in more and more people getting pissed off and to volunteer to overcome the efforts of Republicans to prevent people from casting their votes.

ACORN may be down, but not out, and more groups will emerge to assist others in obtaining whatever it takes to make sure that next November, anyone who wants to vote, will be allowed to vote.

And you can count on one thing. People that have to jump through hoops to vote will never, ever cast a vote for a Republican.

All their efforts will backfire on them for now and years to come.

December 28, 2011 at 2:28 p.m.
Walden said...

Alprova sayeth, "Walden, I hate to inform you, but there is no more evidence of voter fraud committed by blacks, than there is that Democrats have engaged in widespread acts of voter fraud."

What evidence do you have that Republicans are trying to disenfanchise black voters?

Still not buying your racism claim on me. Your little buddy happybulbs is equally unconvincing. The word ghetto is not racist, nor is it racist to suggest Democrats fear photo IDs because it would stop voting fraud in the neighborhoods that Democrats themselves say would be most impacted by having to get a photo ID. You lose.

December 28, 2011 at 3 p.m.
alprova said...

There was more I wrote in the response I gave above.

happywithnewbulbs is right. Walden is not a racist, or he may be but isn't owning up to it. The word "ghetto" conjures up an image that involves black people. Walden is at least a bigot.

December 28, 2011 at 3:07 p.m.
Walden said...

That is weak Alprova, very weak.

December 28, 2011 at 3:18 p.m.
Walden said...

By the way Al, I guess you are a bigot your damn self, since afterall, you are intolerant of people with differing political views. Glass house, pal.

December 28, 2011 at 3:20 p.m.
alprova said...

Walden wrote: "What evidence do you have that Republicans are trying to disenfanchise black voters?"

You really aren't that dense, aren't you?

What groups of people are directly affected by having to come into compliance with the institution of voter I.D. laws, if they are now not in possession of a photographic I.D.?

The number one group of people directly affected, and the most likely to lack an acceptable form of photographic I.D. are elderly black Americans, who the Republicans know are most likely to vote Democratic.

Number two are Hispanics, who also traditionally vote Democratic in high numbers.

Number three are young people, mainly college students, many of which do not drive, and thus have not obtained driver's licenses, and who now are currently being shut out of the voting process because their photographic student I.D.'s are exempted as forms of acceptable I.D. for the purposes of casting a vote. Young people also tend to support Democrats in high numbers.

"Still not buying your racism claim on me."

What you "buy" is of no consequence. What people think of when they read your comment means everything. You know damn well that your choice to include the word "ghetto" was a reference to black people.

"Your little buddy happybulbs is equally unconvincing. The word ghetto is not racist, nor is it racist to suggest Democrats fear photo IDs because it would stop voting fraud in the neighborhoods that Democrats themselves say would be most impacted by having to get a photo ID."

There has never been any evidence that proves that voter fraud occurred in ghettos to begin with. Don't you get it? I'm sure you do, but you're being coy about it.

As someone pointed out very succinctly, the simple fact is that Republicans are pulling out all they can to limit votes by people least likely to vote for them, while Democrats are doing nothing at all to limit access to vote, by anyone.

Of course the Democrats are upset. What if the situation were reversed? Seriously consider that question. You don't see the wrong at all in any attempt to quash person's right to cast their vote?

Why not just admit the fact that you agree with all that the Republicans are doing, no matter how controversial it is, simply because you too want Republicans to run this country.

"You lose."

Not on your best day, would that hold true. There isn't a person on his planet with any sense whatsoever that doesn't see right through your transparent arguments.

December 28, 2011 at 3:31 p.m.
Walden said...

Alprova - everything you just wrote is based solely on your blind opinion on what the effect of requiring voter id's would be. If an elderly black person can get off the couch to go vote, they can also get off the couch to get an id. If they can send in an absentee ballot, they can also send in a form to acquire an id. Its that simple.

And how dense are you?

"What you "buy" is of no consequence. What people think of when they read your comment means everything. You know damn well that your choice to include the word "ghetto" was a reference to black people."

Yes it was a reference to black people (by the way dummy they like to be called African Americans). It was a reference to African Americans (see my soft side??) because it is your side that has made this whole issue about black people, er African Americans, not mine.

You are losing it when you call my arguments transparent. Why can nobody on the left simply argue the issues, without resorting to attacks? Oh, that's right.

December 28, 2011 at 3:41 p.m.
alprova said...

Walden wrote: "By the way Al, I guess you are a bigot your damn self, since afterall, you are intolerant of people with differing political views. Glass house, pal."

Not even close. I tolerate a great deal from people with differing political views. I even understand them, as I too once was a flaming Republican.

There is a difference between spending my time digging up facts and proof to correct misinformation expressed by those who offer misinformation, and being intolerant of someone.

I have expressed nothing that even comes close to intolerance for people with differing political views. I use no slangy or negative terms to describe people I disagree with. I rarely use profanity. I rarely lose my temper. I think I do a decent job of being respectful of opinions, except when opinions are presented as misleading facts.

The closest you come to being correct when describing me, would be to offer that I am intolerant of ignorance. That is something with which I do have a very low tolerance rate.

December 28, 2011 at 3:42 p.m.

Riverman wrote "The poor and stupid should not be allowed to vote. Oh, I forgot, that would eliminate the Democratic Party."

Riverman, ok, let us agree that only people with PhD-degree would be allowed to vote... Oh, of course, then the GOP would loose by large margins...

Because the really smart in general cannot agree with the anti-intellectual GOP agenda...

You conservatives dont want the poor to vote but the over-educated should not vote either ...

... So I guess the medium smart homeschooled church-brainwashed born-aigans who believe in adam and eve and the lie that guns dont kill, and without guns, people would run amok with baseball bats, are just smart enough to cast the right votes...

You conservatives are real shame for your country but on the other side always give a good laugh

December 28, 2011 at 3:49 p.m.
JustOneWoman said...

rolando said... "The switch-voting Democrat primary voters had and will have more than a bit to do with it. I am not sure why the RNC [by whatever name] continues to allows registered Democrats to vote in its primary elections... Maybe its S&M....."

Interesting. So you think the RNC should be able to tell people which way they can vote? You think it is up to them to "allow" someone to vote in "their" primary?

Gosh, I thought voting belonged to the people, not the party. Last time I checked, you, nor anyone else gets to know who I, or anyone else votes for, no matter what I consider myself, or no matter what you consider me.

Maybe you don't live in Tennessee, but here, we don't register with any party stipulation. We just register. Around here, we vote how we please in the primary we choose. Around here, we dont wait for the RNC to "let" us vote in "their" primary.

This is a prime example of why we lose rights and freedoms. How in the world would anyone think someone else had any control over anyone's vote?

Here is a link to the constitution. Maybe you should give it a read. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_S...

December 28, 2011 at 3:51 p.m.
Walden said...

Alprova sayeth, "The closest you come to being correct when describing me, would be to offer that I am intolerant of ignorance. That is something with which I do have a very low tolerance rate."

Saying that people who offer up opinions that differ from yours are ignorant is a form of intolerance, you bigot.

You believe that the fact that Republicans favor voter id laws as evidence that they are trying to disenfranchise black voters, especially elderly ones. How can you logically come to this conclusion? This is just your opinion. There is just simply no evidence to support the theory that somehow black people won't have access to photo ids. I am all for everyone that wants to vote getting to do so. I am also for black people waking up and realizing that voting conservative is actually, in the long run, much more to their advantage. You liberals have done a remarkable job in pandering to minorities and the less fortunate. Promise 'em a handout, and get their vote. Shameful in my opinion.

December 28, 2011 at 4 p.m.

Riverman,

Fact is, if the poor would consitently vote in their own economic interest and not fall for any anti-gay, anti-abortion religious crap from their braindead pastors then the GOP would be done long time ago...

Rolando, you are surely kidding... Now you dont want the democrats to vote in the primeries but last time your television and radio dummmies called for the rupugnants to vote for hillary. You brought green on the south carolina ticket for senate.

Like for the voter-ID. If you want to make an ID obligatory like in europe, the you libertarians cry foul because that would be against your freedom, but in case of elections when you smell any adavntage then you are all in it... You are a bunch of ridiculous creatures who live in your country-side caves, crowl out with your suv's only for church, football and hunting, live a life of idiocracy brainwashed by FOX news .... Like the apes in the zoo you dont realize which minor creatures you are...

December 28, 2011 at 4:12 p.m.
alprova said...

Walden wrote: "Alprova - everything you just wrote is based solely on your blind opinion on what the effect of requiring voter id's would be. If an elderly black person can get off the couch to go vote, they can also get off the couch to get an id. If they can send in an absentee ballot, they can also send in a form to acquire an id. Its that simple."

It's a bit more complicated than that. If you were an elderly black person, born in the South, you would know it. Back before the civil rights movement, black people were traditionally born at home with the aid of midwives. Black people were not welcome in most hospitals, even when deathly ill, and most certainly not to give birth.

Obtaining a valid birth certificate some 40, 50, or 60 years or more after the fact is a daunting task, to say the least. The time and the expense one would have to go through is simply not worth it, just to vote, and that is what those seeking to place limitations on voting requirements are counting on. Entries of such births recorded in family Bibles are accepted in some states. In others, it is not.

Try proving your birth date and place without an official Government record. It is hardly "just that simple."

"Yes it was a reference to black people (by the way dummy they like to be called African Americans). It was a reference to African Americans (see my soft side??) because it is your side that has made this whole issue about black people, er African Americans, not mine."

Whatever you say.

"You are losing it when you call my arguments transparent. Why can nobody on the left simply argue the issues, without resorting to attacks? Oh, that's right."

Calling your arguments transparent is an attack? Wow. You know full and well what you are trying to do, by attempting to argue that the Republicans are not attempting to disenfranchise voters from being able to cast votes for Democrats.

The argument that voter fraud in numbers high enough to make or break an election by any group whatsoever is invalid to begin with. The institution of a requirement to prove who one is, when there was never anything to fix to begin with, is more than pathetic.

More people will not be allowed to vote, or whose vote will be thrown out, as a result of voter I.D. and other new voting laws come this next November, than there has been instance of provable voter fraud over the past fifty years.

Sitting there and arguing in support of such laws, in light of all that contradicts it, would be laughable, if not for the fact that there is nothing funny about it.

You're only on that side of things because you support Republicans, and nothing else. Again, if it were the Democrats attempting to do anything at all that could or would result in the limiting of voting of any number of people who traditionally voted for Republicans, you'd sing a different tune.

December 28, 2011 at 4:12 p.m.
JustOneWoman said...

Walden, I agree with Alprova about the Republicans disenfranchising voters. Many do, as you can see from just this one offering:

"Republicans across the nation have enacted such sweeping voter ID reforms aimed at the young, minorities, low income people and those with disabilities that the Brennan Center for Justice concluded it “could make it significantly harder for more than 5 million eligible voters to cast ballots in 2012.”"

http://www.politicususa.com/en/voter-id-laws-disenfranchise-5-million-cost

But it is going to backfire on them.

December 28, 2011 at 4:28 p.m.
Walden said...

Alprova - I will admit that the birth certificate thing might make some sense. I would not be opposed to grandfathering those born before a certain date.

December 28, 2011 at 4:30 p.m.
alprova said...

Wladen wrote: "Saying that people who offer up opinions that differ from yours are ignorant is a form of intolerance, you bigot."

It in no manner proves that I am intolerant of people with differing political views, as you first suggested.

"You believe that the fact that Republicans favor voter id laws as evidence that they are trying to disenfranchise black voters, especially elderly ones. How can you logically come to this conclusion?"

I've posted more than enough on that issue. If you don't have an understanding of the issue already, throwing more facts at you isn't going to convince you otherwise.

"This is just your opinion."

No. There's been lots of facts presented that supports such a conclusion, by myself and others.

"There is just simply no evidence to support the theory that somehow black people won't have access to photo ids. I am all for everyone that wants to vote getting to do so."

Good for you.

"I am also for black people waking up and realizing that voting conservative is actually, in the long run, much more to their advantage."

I'll reserve comment on that one. I'm white and have all kinds of photographic I.D. and casting a vote for a Republican/Conservative isn't in the cards for me anytime in the near future.

"You liberals have done a remarkable job in pandering to minorities and the less fortunate. Promise 'em a handout, and get their vote. Shameful in my opinion."

As someone not running for office, or who has no power to promise anyone a handout, how have I, as a "Liberal" done a remarkable job in pandering to minorities?

Your generalized statement is oft repeated, but lacks substance every time it is uttered or written.

Conversely, I don't hold you responsible for the Republican contributions that almost sent this nation tailspinning back into another Great Depression.

Do you want to talk about opinions? I personally hold the opinion that you're a bit naive in supporting a political party that supports and promotes the interests of only those with lots of money, while furtively working against those who make less than six-figure incomes.

But then, you might be rich. If so, then I would understand you feeling the way that you do.

Those of us in the lower income classes seem to know better, much to your disappointment. We are not so easily fooled into believing constant rhetoric not backed up with actions.

December 28, 2011 at 4:33 p.m.
alprova said...

"Alprova - I will admit that the birth certificate thing might make some sense. I would not be opposed to grandfathering those born before a certain date."

I'm glad to see that you do have some understanding as to why there is controversy surrounding part of this issue.

It used to be good enough to vote in this country by signing a statement attesting that you met all the requirements necessary to be allowed to vote in this nation.

The 15th Amendment to the Constitution reads, "The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude."

While at first glance, voter I.D. laws do not deny or abridge the right by blacks to vote, strictly based on the color of their skin, the fact is that by default, such laws directly affect them the most, in presenting obstacles that must be overcome in order to retain the right to vote.

If in fact, there was ample evidence to suggest that the real reason that such laws were enacted, was indeed due to provable voter fraud, then I would be on board with the creation of a law to address it, but there is no evidence to suggest that elderly black people are a group from which voter fraud has been committed in any numbers, yet they are the group which is most affected by such a law.

That's messed up.

December 28, 2011 at 5:01 p.m.
fairmon said...

alprova responded with....

Those of us in the lower income classes seem to know better, much to your disappointment. We are not so easily fooled into believing constant rhetoric not backed up with actions.

I can understand your opinion and your explanation of why you hold the beliefs you do and why you support a particular party. The terms "those of us" and "we" suggest you speak for everyone in a lower income bracket. At what annual income do you consider it lower income. Is anything below the average of around $50k plus or minus a little, are those below the average in the lower income category? I am confident you are aware of the studies that say those in the lowest income category are normally under educated, more vulnerable to scams and cons, more easily persuaded by emotion stirring speakers. Nothing in terms of people is an absolute so it is not accurate to put everyone in a neat little labeled box.

December 28, 2011 at 5:04 p.m.
hambone said...

Still no evidence that requiring a photo ID will stop voter fraud.

Plenty of evidence requiring a photo ID will suppress votes!

December 28, 2011 at 5:05 p.m.
aidehua said...

It is often said that Richard Nixon would have won the presidency in 1960 if the Chicago Daley Democratic machine hadn't raised folks from the dead to vote. Given Obama's very close ties to ACORN and all the voter registration scams they've been involved in - I can understand why the GOP and Americans generally want to be sure that only qualified voters vote. One needs a photo ID to fly, why not to vote? Funny that Democrats aren't worried about voter fraud. Maybe that's their planned route to victory in 2012. I wouldn't put it past the likes of Blagoevich, Holder, Rahm Emanuel, Trumpka and their ilk.

December 28, 2011 at 5:08 p.m.
acerigger said...

If voter fraud is SO rampant among Democratic party voters, how did the Republicans do so well in the 2010 elections?

December 28, 2011 at 5:14 p.m.
chet123 said...

HEY WALDEN...WHY DONT YOU DIRECT YOUR NARROW MINDED COMMENTS AT ME....I'M BLACK....SO YOU THINK YOU KNOW WHAT GOOD FOR ME???? Boy you have been watching too much FOX TV...that pretty arrogant for you to make a comment like that ha ha ...... You dont know what good for the country and your own well being....

I listen to you republicans injecting the word liberal ha ha ha ...do you really know what a liberal is???....You call anyone who disagree with youR PHILOSOPHY of butt kissing and protecting the rich and greedy a liberal ha ha....

Hey WALDEN....YEAH YOU WALDEN!....ARE YOU AND YOUR CRONIES SO SCARED THAT YOU HAVE TO CREATE ANOTHER ARTIFICIAL CRISIS..Hmmmm...there is no voter fraud crisis but the one you and your party is creating...HA HA HA

WELL SINCE YOU WERE SUCCESSFUL IN STEALING TWO ELECTIONS FROM DEMOCRATS(2000 & 2004)....YOU ARE NOW GOING FOR THREE HA HA HA

AMERICA HAVE NO MORE OF A VOTER FRAUD CRISIS THAN IRAQ HAD NUCLEAR WEAPONS....ONE THING REPUBLICAN ARE CONSISTENT AT...ITS LYING....THEY SHOULD CALL THE GOP THE LYING PARTY HA HA HA REPUBLICAN ARE TRYING TO STEAL ANOTHER ELECTION.....

REPUBLICAN HAVE TO STEAL ELECTIONS BECAUSE THEY CANT STAND NOR ARGUE ON THEIR OWN MERITS

December 28, 2011 at 5:20 p.m.
chet123 said...

WHAT REPUBLICAN IS TRYING TO DO SINCE THEY HAVE VOWED TO THE RIGHT-WING HERITAGE FOUNDATION IS MAKE OBAMA A ONE TERM PRESIDENT...AT ANY COST.....

THE MAJORITY OF AMERICANS WHO ARE NOT BRAIN-WASHED BY FOX NEWS AND RUSH LIMBAUGH KNOW THIS IS A ARTIFICIAL REPUBLICAN MANUFACTURED CRISIS(A BIG LIE)

December 28, 2011 at 5:25 p.m.
alprova said...

aidehua wrote: "It is often said that Richard Nixon would have won the presidency in 1960 if the Chicago Daley Democratic machine hadn't raised folks from the dead to vote."

Who says that "often?"

"Given Obama's very close ties to ACORN and all the voter registration scams they've been involved in - I can understand why the GOP and Americans generally want to be sure that only qualified voters vote."

The President does not have any "Close ties" to ACORN, number one, and number two, for the umpteenth time, there has never been any evidence whatsoever to prove that voter fraud has ever been anything other than an isolated event committed by a very few individuals. And people who side with both sides of the aisle have been guilty of it.

"One needs a photo ID to fly, why not to vote?"

Not many poor people have the means by which to buy a plane ticket.

"Funny that Democrats aren't worried about voter fraud."

What voter fraud? It's not a problem anywhere big enough that it needs fixing.

"Maybe that's their planned route to victory in 2012. I wouldn't put it past the likes of Blagoevich, Holder, Rahm Emanuel, Trumpka and their ilk."

It's not the Democrats attempting to prevent people from being able to cast their votes. They will win next November fair and square.

December 28, 2011 at 5:27 p.m.
chet123 said...

AIDEHUA....REPUBLICANS IN 2000&2004 DENIED VOTERS THAT WERE ALIVE AND WELL IN OHIO AND FLORIDA......AND REFUSED A RECOUNT...Hmmmm EVIDENCE POINT TO ONLY ONE CHEATER...AND THAT CHEATER IS THE REPUBLICAN PARTY...

ACORN REGISTERED VOTERS...IT WAS THE REPUBLICAN PARTY WHO PLANTED A PROSTITUTE AS A VOTER...WHAT A JOKE???? DID ACORN FRIGHTEN YOU THAT MUCH????

December 28, 2011 at 5:33 p.m.
timbo said...

The only people who are worried about the voter ID law are those without ID's. Why in the world if you have to present your ID for something as unimportant as buying booze wouldn't you have to show it for something as important as voting.

For those of you that have pointed out the small number of voter ID legal problems....people do stuff in all the time illegal like jaywalking, smoking dope, drinking while driving, etc. and not get prosecuted. There is a huge amount of voter fraud in black and poor precincts. There are a lot of dead people, mentally challenged, etc. that seem to vote every time. Absentee voter fraud is also rampant in this community.

You libs whining and crying won't change anything by the way.

Will it hurt democrats? Hell, yes....because they are the ones committing the fraud. That is why they squeal the loudest.

December 28, 2011 at 5:34 p.m.
alprova said...

Harp3339 wrote: "I can understand your opinion and your explanation of why you hold the beliefs you do and why you support a particular party. The terms "those of us" and "we" suggest you speak for everyone in a lower income bracket."

You're right and that statement was wrong on my part. I try at all times to usually speak only for myself. I goofed.

"At what annual income do you consider it lower income. Is anything below the average of around $50k plus or minus a little, are those below the average in the lower income category?"

As I stated in my post, Republicans, as a general rule and in my personal opinion, are not interested in representing the interests of anyone who makes less than a six-figure income.

"I am confident you are aware of the studies that say those in the lowest income category are normally under educated, more vulnerable to scams and cons, more easily persuaded by emotion stirring speakers."

I know more than a few people who make lots of bucks who can be described exactly as you did above in regards to the poor.

"Nothing in terms of people is an absolute so it is not accurate to put everyone in a neat little labeled box."

Fair enough and thank you for pointing out my generalization -- something that I usually try to avoid doing.

December 28, 2011 at 5:39 p.m.
alprova said...

Timbo wrote: "There is a huge amount of voter fraud in black and poor precincts."

You cannot begin to prove that assertion by citing a credible source.

"There are a lot of dead people, mentally challenged, etc. that seem to vote every time."

Ditto.

"Absentee voter fraud is also rampant in this community."

Even if that were true, can you explain how voter I.D. laws will begin to address it?

"You libs whining and crying won't change anything by the way."

I wouldn't bank on that. Pissed off people will only take so much.

The institution of such laws is driving people toward to Democrats. Overturning such laws will happen.

"Will it hurt democrats? Hell, yes....because they are the ones committing the fraud. That is why they squeal the loudest."

You're full of unsubstantiated claims today, aren't you?

I'm calling you out to cite evidence that Democrats are the only group of people ever convicted of committing voter fraud.

I assume that you waded through all that has been posted today in this thread, and after reading what is there, you STILL have the audacity to post your rubbish?

I'm beginning to believe that Republicans/Conservatives have poor comprehension skills. I know you do.

December 28, 2011 at 5:49 p.m.
chet123 said...

YOU SAID ONE NEED A PHOTO ID TO VOTE....HA HA HA THIS IS SCRIPTED RIGHT-WING TALKING POINT HA HA HA EQUATING FLYING A PLANE TO VOTING HA HA HA DO YOU KNOW VOTING IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN FLYING IN A PLANE HHHmmmmm PEOPLE HAVE BEEN BEATEN AND STRUNG FROM TREES, MURDER AT THE BARREL OF A GUN AND DIED FOR VOTING RIGHTS....SORRY FOX TV AND RUSH LIMBAUGH HAVE NUMBED YOUR BRAIN .........FLYING IN AIRPLANE HA HA HA

DONT YOU KNOW PEOPLE HAVE FLOWN IN A PLANE WITHOUT PHOTO ID'S....AND WHATS THE HURRY HA HA HA......SOMETHING OF THAT MAGNATUDE SHOULD BE PHASE IN....WITH PHOTO ID STATION AVAILABLE...NOOOOOOOO!....AFRAID YOU GOING TO MISS THE 2012 OBAMA ELECTION.......

WHAT AMAZE ME IS PEOPLE LIKE AIDEHUA WILL TALK ABOUT TAKING DEMOCRACY TO THE MID-EAST AND DONT WANT DEMOCRACY HERE IN AMERICA.

WHAT REPUBLICAN WANT IS AN OLIGARPHY GOVERNMENT WHERE THE 1% RULES EVERYTHING.....LIKE A MONARCHY!!!!!...A KING! HA HA HA HA

THE WORD GOVERNMENT SCARES THE RICH BECAUSE THE GOVERNMENT IS THE PEOPLE.....AND TO THINK WORKING CLASS REPUBLICAN VOTING AGAINST THEIR OWN INTEREST AND THEIR CHILDREN INTEREST HA HA HA WHAT A PARODOX!!!!

December 28, 2011 at 5:53 p.m.
chet123 said...

This is the reason i check in and read the posting....ITS PEOPLE LIKE AIDEHUA....WHO INVOKE THE NAMES OF HOLDER, RAHM EMANUEL...THOSE ARE HONORABLE MEN.....WHAT ARE YOU TALKLING ABOUT...BLAGOVICH IS THE ONLY NAME GUILTY OF CRIMES AND THAT ONLY BECAUSE HE MISUSED THE GOVERNSHIP.....BUT HOW ABOUT REPUBLICANS WHO HAVE DONE MUCH WORSE IN MISUSING THEIR OFFICE Hmmmm DO YOU REMEMBER DICK CHENEY Hmmmmm PROFITING OF THE WAR THAT HE HIMSELF STARTED..MAKING BILLIONS THRU UNBIDDED CONTRACTS....Hmmmm HALIBURTON Hmmmmmmm OVER 4,000 AMRICAN KILLED SO HE CAN MAKE MONEY....OR NEWT GINGRICH....TAKING MILLION FROM FREDDIE AND FANNY AS A LOBBYIST HA HA HA OR TOM DELAY...GUILTY OF MONEY LAUNDERING OR JOHN EISIGN SLEEPING WITH HIS CHAMPAMGE MANAGER WIFE HA HA HA OR SOUTH CAROLINA GOV MARK SANFORD WHO WALKED OUT ON HIS WIFE AND CHILDREN FOR A WOMAN OVERSEAS HA HA HA...NOT TO MENTION THE LA SENATOR WHO CLAIM TO BE A FAMILY VALUE MAN....CAUGHT SLEEPING WITH A PROSTITUTE

I CAN GO ON AND ON AND ON.....REPUBLICAN SCANDLES DWAFTS ANYTHING DEMOCRATS HAVE EVER DONE HA HA HA

SO AIDEHU....DONT THROW STONES IN THAT GLASS HOUSE OF YOURS!!HA HA

December 28, 2011 at 6:19 p.m.
chet123 said...

THERE WERE REPORTED ABOUT 80 VOTERS FRUAD IN 10 YEARS....THATS 80 OUT OF 500MILLIONS HA HA HA....YOUR CHANCES ARE GREATER TO GET STRUCK BY LIGHTIN HA HA HA

REPUBLICAN TRYING TO STEAL AN ELECTION HA HA HA.....

December 28, 2011 at 6:22 p.m.

Actually, many people with photo ID are concerned about the laws, not because they lack ID, but because they care about the votes of others. For some reason, I want everybody to be allowed to vote under a fair system. If the voter I'd laws in question here had come with sufficient effort to ensure everybody got a photo I'd, i would support them. They have not.

But seriously, if there is absente voter fraud, exactly how is stricter requirements at the. Polling places going to solve that.

By the way, the word ghetto makes me think of Jews, not blacks, so I can accept that iay not be racism, but it is still discrimination .

December 28, 2011 at 6:23 p.m.
chet123 said...

TIMBO...THATS IS THE DUMMIEST THING I HAVE HEARD ALL NITE...YOU SAID THE ONLY PEOPLE WORRIED IS THE PEOPLE WITHOUT WOTE ID'S HA HA HA HA HA THAT MY POINT ...THATS MY POINT.....YOU SAID THAT A PERSON HAVE TO HAVE AN ID TO BUY LIQUID....HEY EISTIEN...VOTING DONT MAKE YOU DRUNK AND THE LAW SAYS YOU CAN VOTE AT THE AGE 18....YOU DONT HAVE TO BE 21 TO VOTE HUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

TIMBO...YOU TALK CRAZY...YOU DONT HAVE ANYTHING TO SUBSTANIATE ANYTHING YOU HAVE SAID....BUY I NOTICE YOU HAVE IT IN FOR BLACK PEOPLE HA HA HA....IS IT BECAUSE YOUR REAL UNDERLYING IS HATE....YOU GOT TO BE AN OLD MAN.....YOU WANT TO GO BACK TO THE 50'S.....TOO LATE BOZO...AMERICA HAVE CHANGED...I'M BLACK...BUT MY BEST FRIEND ARE WHITE....AND THEY TELL ME ABOUT RED-NECKS LIKE YOU IN THEIR OWN FAMILY.....

THEY SAID THEY HAVE TO LET THEM DIE OUT.....THEY ARE VICTIMS OF LIES TOLD TO THEM AS A CHILD BY FAMILY AND CHURCHES....SORRY TIMBO! BUT OBAMA WILL BE YOUR PRESIDENT IN 2012

December 28, 2011 at 6:38 p.m.
chet123 said...

HAPPYWITHNEWBULB....YOU CANT USE THE WORD "FAIR" AROUND THESE RIGHT-WING REPUBLICAN NUTS......WHATS THEIR IS THEIRS AND WHATS YOURS IS THEIRS....YOU CANT TALK RATIONALE....THE ONLY THING THEY UNDERSTAND IS POWER AND MONEY AND MORE MONEY......THEIR TWISTED IDEAS AND PHILOSOPHY WILL HAVE TO BE CRUSHED LIKE AN EGG

December 28, 2011 at 6:42 p.m.
potcat said...

Just got home and am catching up on reading the toon comments.

This one really got my feathers up and was so arrogant,the definition fits tutu to a tee "an overbearing manner, intolerable presumption; an insolent pride" and surprise surprise it was written by tu-tu to dude, arrogant thing said, once again you are making bold statements that you have neither the education or intellecual basis to have made or prove.

Who tu-tu do you think you are,some Genius.

It reminds me of Rick Bragg sitting around a table with several people at Harvard having a conversation about politics and some smart arse piped and told Rick that he needed to be quiet, because he was embarassing himself. Rick leaned over to him and told him, i will tell you this , i will take you out of here and whip your arse. The man turned red and Rick already was red and mad. The so/ called tu-tu Educated Intellectual high tailed it out of there so fast,that other people at the table congratuated Rick for doing so, as a matter of fact they rather enjoyed it.

So tu_tu get out of your high chair, because you are not the intellectual you try to protray, its so obvious by your stupid,dumb opinions,and i would love to pull a Bragg on you. I got a pretty good read on you, and you are a chicken sh`~ that would'nt dare say any thing to any one face to face.

So did this make every one cringe, Tu-tu said all my comments make people cringe,that i am just not up to par to participate with all you intellectual folk.

If you think yourself an intellectual tu,i got a word for you "DELUSIONAL".

December 28, 2011 at 7:36 p.m.
rolando said...

You have -0- credibility and -0- honor. Your morals and ethics are purely situational, to be dismissed in a heartbeat if it favors the Republican party.

You are no paragon of virtue by any standard yourself, davisssss.

Can'[t stand the truth, that's fer sure.

December 28, 2011 at 7:46 p.m.
Walden said...

Chet, man, I would love to have a beer with you. I bet you are a hoot. Take it easy man. I know you're black -- that is quite OK with me, you don't need to keep bringing it up.

Your posts, by the way, are hysterical. Good stuff.

December 28, 2011 at 7:49 p.m.
Walden said...

Chet -- What's yours is theirs? Sorry bud, that's a liberal belief, not a conservative one.

December 28, 2011 at 7:51 p.m.
rolando said...

Huh? Huh?

You got your two sentences, alpo. Which again sums up your entire post quit nicely, I am sure.

Try putting something meaningful -- that is, something that doesn't show your stupidity -- into your first couple sentences and I might read further. As it is, with those two interjections you have shown your inability to understand the simplest process.

December 28, 2011 at 7:57 p.m.
Walden said...

The popular narrative about conservatives and liberals would have us believe that conservatives want to keep the black man down (because we are all racists for crying out loud!), and that liberals want to give the black man a hand out to help him get by (because liberals after all, are the thoughtful, smart, compassionate types). Well, the truth of the matter is, as more and more black people become successful, the less incentive they have to vote for lefty redistributionists.

Liberals know this, and, therefore, they do all they can to keep the black man down. You see, for liberals, its about power, not about compassion. Liberals couldn't care less about black people or any other minority. They only want their votes so that they can stay in power.

Conservatives want everyone to be successful, and therefore happy. We love everyone. This racist narrative, as perpetuated by people like Alprova, is not helping anyone, and is, in fact, a desperate cry from a dying philosophy. Barack the Magnificent is living proof of the failure of Liberalism. It is a disease, and must be stamped out. If black people became majority conservative voters, the game is over for Liberalism in this country forever. The Left knows this, and that is why they will fight so hard to pander for the black vote, no matter what it takes.

CHET - WAKE UP TO THIS REALITY AND COME OVER TO THE RIGHT SIDE. I PROMISE YOU THE WATER IS WARM, AND ALL WILL BE WELL.

December 28, 2011 at 8:06 p.m.
rolando said...

The only voter fraud that can be found by anyone involves misconduct by officials and poll workers.

You have drinking your own koolaid so long you believe it, ham.

Pertinent sections of Blacks Law Dictionary define fraud as:

-- A false representation of a matter of fact, whether by words or by conduct...or by concealment of that which should have been disclosed, which deceives and is intended to deceive another so that he shall act upon it to his legal injury.

-- Elements [of proof of] fraud include false representation of a present or past fact made by defendant, action in reliance thereupon by plaintiff, and damage resulting to plaintiff from such misrepresentation.

Those are only two extracts from a two column entry.

Therefore, under criminal law, any person who registers and/or votes under false pretenses has committed fraud.

A Photo ID check will abruptly stop that fraud...which is why Democrats, -- the major beneficiaries of that fraud -- oppose any such check.

The Truth hurts and it will set you free.


NOTE FOR ALPO -- Cites for the above quotes are available upon request. Just be sure to put the request in your first sentence or two if you expect a reply.

December 28, 2011 at 8:16 p.m.
potcat said...

Hey Chet,i know you are way to smart to buy that load of manure!

Merry Christmas

December 28, 2011 at 8:18 p.m.
rolando said...

What the H was that 3:51pm rant of your all about, OneWoman?

It took you a while to build up a head of steam but you finally made it, I guess. I didn't read past the part where you tripped the over-pressure relief valve.

You evidently took umbrage at a comment of mine re: Democrats switch-voting in Republican primary elections.

As a matter of fact it is the RNC's primary and they can, under some state laws, prohibit non-Republican-registered voters from voting in their primary elections. It makes sense...why allow a wannabe fox into the henhouse?

Go vote in your own primary.

You further [deliberately?] confuse primary elections with the general. No one is telling anyone for whom they should vote...write-in votes are always accepted, just like in the general elections.

So why would a Democrat vote for a Republican in a primary election? In the General election, yes. The primary is only to determine the candidate.

December 28, 2011 at 8:38 p.m.
Walden said...

Hey HappyBulbs -- just noticed your comment "By the way, the word ghetto makes me think of Jews, not blacks, so I can accept that iay not be racism, but it is still discrimination."

You liberals are the ones that hate the Jews, not us. Barack Hussein Obama's policy towards Israel has been an embarrassment of the highest order.

December 28, 2011 at 9:01 p.m.
Walden said...

Alprova - I need to head to bed. I am a rich, employed guy and all, you know, so I have things to do tomorrow. I can't wait to read your classic point-by-point rebuttals of my latest posts in the morning. Peace out, yo.

December 28, 2011 at 9:09 p.m.
najones75 said...

I wish I had as much spare time as some people do, to respond to and insult every single person that expresses a belief that doesn't coincide with theirs. This damn job, though. Somebody's gotta pay for your stuff, I suppose...

December 28, 2011 at 9:09 p.m.

Walden, gee, I make a reference to a word association, and then you say that I'm a liberal, and that I hate Jews, but there's one slight problem with that...what specific anti-Jewish conduct can you allege I have engaged in? None? You're just saying "I'm a liberal, so I must hate Jews" well, unfortunately that is yet another indicator as to how you engage in discrimination. You personally. I am not saying you hate Jews, though you do seem to be quite hateful towards me, but I am referring to you, not to some group of which you may or may not consider yourself to be a part.

Note the difference.

In regards to President Obama, you could also at least specify your grievances against him, but you still won't be able to tar me with them, I've never been consulted by him on his Middle-East policy or any other policy for that matter. Believe it or not, I don't have to agree with him.

But you did jump to conclusions there, and that speaks poorly for yourself, since it's quite a bit prejudicial on your part.

Rolando, you want to reform the primary system? Great, it's the third most broken system to choose a winner in the United States (after the BCS and NASCAR), and I'd be all for it being replaced with something sensibly designed. Until then, you're going to have to live with the different rules in the 50 States, some of which are even more troublesome. Heck, you want to know the issue that bothers me the most? Paying for the elections. Stephen Colbert can't sponsor them all, and who can we get in this state? Who? Or do you think it's fair to pay for a primary for a party you don't belong to?

But it's not the RNC's primary. How do we know that? Because they're not paying for all of it, they're not running it, they're expecting others to do the work. That has come with conditions attached. If they didn't want it, they should just stop asking the rest of us to go along.

But really, get a national primary reform movement, it'll be good all around.

December 28, 2011 at 9:46 p.m.
Walden said...

HappyBulbs, be careful, don't hurt yourself. Go to bed, and let's talk in the morn. Thanks

December 28, 2011 at 9:59 p.m.

I keep seeing where people are proclaiming the democrats are committing voter fraud but have seen no proof of this. But I ask this question which is worse voter fraud or the accidental loss of ballots until after an election is declared over? A certain governor was afraid if they were counted his brother may or may have not won his state which the governor declared he would in a Presidential election. Now there is fraud at it's finest level.

December 28, 2011 at 10:07 p.m.

There was a governor killed in Kentucky over a century ago. I just looked it up after checking out Ambrose Bierce. Look up William Goebel.

But I did forget to clarify one thing about the primary system, the national committee can control the number of delegates to the national convention. Guess when that came up last? Oh Yeah! 2008! By who? By the Republicans, who scheduled Florida's primaries earlier than allowed by various rules, which meant what? Well, perhaps you should look it up and find out, if you're curious. Michigan was also involved, but I'm not sure of the details. Dirty business all around. Let us reform the primary system.

Walden, you can talk now if you like, please do tell me what anti-Jewish conduct do you allege I have engaged in. Why wait till morning?

December 28, 2011 at 10:14 p.m.

So what do you find particularly persuasive in that article?

December 28, 2011 at 10:25 p.m.
alprova said...

Rolando wrote: "Therefore, under criminal law, any person who registers and/or votes under false pretenses has committed fraud."

That's much like saying that under criminal law, anyone who pulls a gun on a clerk in a convenience store has committed armed robbery.

What's your point?

What you need to prove is that there are all these people out there who have registered and voted under false pretenses.

The Brennan Center For Justice performed a very thorough study on the subject of voter fraud, and found no instance of registration fraud, resulting in a single vote being cast fraudulently.

Registration fraud is most often defined as forms submitted by eligible voters, but with errors or omissions, registrations submitted by registration drive workers, who may be paid for their time or on the basis of how many forms they submit, and poll workers who change or manipulate the registration of an eligible voter to frustrate their ability to cast a vote.

In each and every instance of the above, with the exception of an eligible voter making a mistake on their registration forms, not one single instance of an attempt to cast a vote in a fraudulent manner was ever evidenced.

Source: http://www.truthaboutfraud.org/pdf/TruthAboutVoterFraud.pdf

"A Photo ID check will abruptly stop that fraud...which is why Democrats, -- the major beneficiaries of that fraud -- oppose any such check."

There are far more reported UFO sightings than reports of impersonation at the polls, with a grand total of nine suspected fraudulent votes that could have been prevented by restrictive photo ID laws since 2000 — a period in which over 400 million votes were cast in general elections alone. With in-person electoral fraud occurring at a rate of 0.000002 percent, an individual is more likely to be struck by lightning than to impersonate another voter at the polls."

Source: http://www.blackamericaweb.com/?q=articles/news/moving_america_news/35351

"The Truth hurts and it will set you free."

Let me know when you start offering some truth.

"NOTE FOR ALPO -- Cites for the above quotes are available upon request. Just be sure to put the request in your first sentence or two if you expect a reply."

Do you truly think that defining the word "fraud" redeems you in some way in any manner for a thing you have offered on this issue?

You are totally and eternally pathetic.

December 28, 2011 at 11:02 p.m.
alprova said...

Walden wrote: "Read, if you have the courage..."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/12/28/battle-over-voter-id-laws-heats-up-in-states/

In that article, a line appears and reads, "In last 10 years, there have been voter fraud convictions in 46 states." No mention is ever made that in each of those 46 states, if indeed that is true at all, the total number of convictions in any one state, has never numbered more than five cases over the past decade.

A five-year probe by President George W. Bush’s Justice Department determined that voter fraud isn’t a major problem in America.

The Bush administration’s initiative found no organized voter fraud effort and brought charges in 132 cases nationwide, resulting in convictions in 86 cases. That's a very small slice of the pie, given the millions of people who cast ballots during that five-year period.

Slice it, dice it, mince it if you must, but the fact of the matter is that voter fraud in the United States is very rare. At no time throughout history has it ever occurred in high enough numbers to influence the outcome of any election.

The only reason for this drive to require photographic I.D. at the polls is to make eligible voters, who are more likely to vote for Democrats, to jump through hurdles in the hope that they will become disenfranchised, discouraged, and will choose to decline to vote as a result.

December 28, 2011 at 11:31 p.m.

The site goes on to say, "voter fraud is rare." That is an assertion Republicans ridicule. "We did a quick study," Norcross said. "In last 10 years, there have been voter fraud convictions in 46 states."

I think the full quote is more telling. Instead of specifying a number of actual convictions, they make a claim about 46 states. That gives the illusion of a larger number by a deceptive reference to an irrelevant figure.

What would disturb you more, 10,000 deaths in one state, or deaths of one person each in all fifty states?

Oh well, like I said, if the Republican Party wants to get behind providing an effective national ID system, or even just one single state, they can go ahead, but unless they do that, well, I'm not convinced of their diligence. It's sad when I can get better identification verification from a video game maker than I can from my own government.

December 28, 2011 at 11:47 p.m.
acerigger said...

alprova said..."What you need to prove is that there are all these people out there who have registered and voted under false pretenses.

The Brennan Center For Justice performed a very thorough study on the subject of voter fraud, and found no instance of registration fraud, resulting in a single vote being cast fraudulently."

Well said!Exactly right! Thanks for hanging in there with these wingers all day Al,you've got much more patience for their Faux-Newz induced paranoia and ignorance than I could ever hope to express without using a bunch of cuss words! (wonder when tu trollque, the chain-yanker, is gonna glide back thru with "It's" critique of the mere mortals comments?I thought "It" was waiting to go head to head with "chet123")LOL!

December 28, 2011 at 11:55 p.m.
gremlinone said...

My boss is a conservative Republican and I am a liberal (I don't even try to use the current politically correct term "progressive") Democrat, which makes for some interesting times at work. The other day, we got into a discussion about voter ID laws (of which he, obviously, approves, and of which, I, obviously, disapprove) and we had a very interesting, enlightening, bottom-line experience. Turns out he would agree to have 100 duly qualified in every sense of the word voters turned away from the polls and denied their experience of voting if that would prevent one unqualified, whatever that meant, person from voting. I, of course, think just exactly the opposite. I would rather see 100 unqualified, again, whatever that means, persons vote than have 1 qualified voter turned away. Now, I know that all this business about what "qualified" means is so much razzmatazz, and Republicans are really just trying to stop those who are statistically more likely to vote Democratic from voting, and I know that "voter fraud" is not even an issue whereas election fraud as practiced by present-day Republicans is verging on being rampant and I know that Republicans are using their made-up "voter fraud" issue to distract attention from their election fraud, but nonetheless, I thought our discussion was enlightening. I wonder which you all would choose. At the end of the day, my boss thanked me for helping him define and articulate his position. (For a Republican, he's not bad, and he really believes all this Republican nonsense about voter fraud. Too much Fox News!) I felt exactly the same. What would you choose? Is that really the bottom line? What do you think?

December 29, 2011 at 12:10 a.m.
chet123 said...

HEY WALDEN.....LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU WILL BE BACK ON HERE.....YOU DO YOUR DRIVE-BY THEN DISAPPEAR....I WANT TO TALK TO YOU ONE ON ONE.......YOU SEEM TO THINK YOU ARE A BILLIONAIRE.....THIS IS HAMILTON COUNTY ONE OF THE LOWEST INCOME IN THE NATION.....NOT MANHATTAN UPPER EAST SIDE,...NOR GREENWICH CONN, NOR.. BEL-AIR L.A. YOU ARE A BIG FISH IN A TINY POND...WE NEED TO TALK MY FRIEND...HA HA HA

December 29, 2011 at 1:27 p.m.
chet123 said...

I'M HERE TO SAVE YOU WALDEN....TOO MUCH FOX NEWS WILL MAKE YOU CRAZY....THIS IS THE KIND OF STUFF FOX NEWS PUT OUT....AND TOO MANY PEOPLE BELEIVES FOX.......BESIDE THE POLICE CHASES AND THREE LEG DOGS AND HORSE THAT WEARS A DIAPER.....FOX IS A REPUBLICAN PROPANGADA NETWORK....HA HA

THIS STUFF MAY MAKE YOU FEEL SUPERIOR TODAY ....BUT THE LONG TERM EFFECTS ARE DEVASTATED.....I WILL BE LOOKING FOR YOU WALDEN

December 29, 2011 at 1:35 p.m.
chet123 said...

REPUBLICAN PORTRAYING THEMSELVES AS THE CHAMPION OF JUSTICE HA HA HA HA ....NOW THATS A JOKE......BEWARE MY DEMOCRATICS BUDDY....REPUBLICANS ARE TRYING TO STEAL THEIR 3rd PRESODENTIAL ELECTION...HA HA HA THIS TIME IT WILL BACK FIRE.

AND THIS SAME BURCH HAVE ENOUGH NERVES TO TALK ABOUT KIM JONG-IL OF NORTH KOREA.....THE REPUBLICAN BRAND NAME IS DEAD.....THEY HAVE ALLOWED FOX TV AND RUSH LIMBAUGH DESTROY THEIR PARTY......REPUBLICAN WILL BE PHASED OUT WITH A 3RD PARTY....... NO PARTY CAN STAND ON A FOUNDATION OF LIES....IT MAY BE FUNNY NOW....BUT REPUBLICAN PARTY HAVE CURSE THEMSELVES......THEY HAVE NO CREDIBILITY......

THEY WILL LOOK YOU SQUARE IN THE FACE AND LIE WITHOUT BLINKING.....HA HA HA HA...THERE IS NO SHAME,,,THERE IS NO SHAME HA HA HA

December 29, 2011 at 1:58 p.m.
chet123 said...

WANTED!!.....ELECTION THEIVES!......

DESCRIPTION: KNOWN TO BRANDISH A ELEPHANT SYMBOL

                      PROTECT THE RICH AND GREEDY

                      ENGAGE IN BUTT KISSING
December 29, 2011 at 2:35 p.m.
stanleyyelnats said...

By the time of the Civil War, most white men were allowed to vote, whether or not they owned property, thanks to the efforts of those who championed the cause of frontiersmen and white immigrants (who had to wait 14 years for citizenship and the right to vote, in some cases). Literacy tests, poll taxes, and even religious tests were used in various places, and most white women, people of color, and Native Americans still could not vote.

1869 also marked the beginning of "Black Codes," or state laws that restricted the freedoms of African Americans. Among the freedoms restricted was the freedom to exercise the right to vote. Literacy tests, poll taxes, hiding the locations of the polls, economic pressures, threats of physical violence, and other strategies to suppress the African American vote were either found in the Black Codes or flowed from them.

Republicans want to go backwards and institute "Black Codes" again.

Anything to suppress the vote.

December 29, 2011 at 7:37 p.m.
chet123 said...

AND REPUBLICANS WANDER WHY BLACK AMERICANS ARE SUSPICIOUS OF STATE RIGHTS...

THIS IS FOR ALL THE RIGHT-WING REPUBLICANS OUT THERE....STATE RIGHTS HAVE A HISTORY OF ATTACKING BLACK AMERICAN RIGHT OF FREEDOM, SEGREGATED BATHROOMS, SEPERATE WATER FOUNTAINS,VOTER SUPRESSION,RIGHT TO VOTES, KANGAROO COURTS.....ECT,ECT,ECT!

THIS IS WHY THE REPUBLICAN ARE NOT SUPPORTED BY THE MAJORITY OF BLACK AMERICAN....THE VOTERS ID'S LAW THE STATE HAVE IMPLEMENTED IS AN EXAMPLE......SO YOU SAY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT IS BAD....LISTEN YOU RIGHT-WINGS NUTS...IF YOU WOULDNT USE THE STATE GOVERNMENT TO TROD OVER THE BLACK AMERICANS RIGHTS YOU MIGHT HAVE ONE LEG TO STAND ON...

VOTER ID'S IS A PRIME EXAMPLE!!!

AND TO THINK I HAVE HAD REPUBLICANS TRYING TO RECRUIT ME OVER TO THEIR PARTY.....DO THEY EVEN HAVE A CLUE OR ARE THEY ACTUALLY THAT STUPID???.... HA HA HA

December 30, 2011 at 10:29 a.m.
chet123 said...

THANKS GOD FOR THE LIBERAL DEMOCRATS...AND THE YOUNGER WHITE AMERICAN GENERATION.....THE OLD CONSERVATIVE PHILOSOPHY HAVE BEEN TRIED AND TESTED... IT IS HIGHLY FLAWED,DEPRAVED AND OUT RIGHT EVIL.

December 30, 2011 at 10:36 a.m.
please login to post a comment

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.