Staff photo by Jenna Walker/Chattanooga Times Free Press A mix of completed and developing homes are scattered throughout Sedman Hills in Soddy-Daisy, Tenn. Bell Development specializes in the construction of single family homes.
• Name: Sedman Hills
• Age: Construction started in 2007.
• Location: Located in Soddy-Daisy on Sedman Road, the neighborhood is only 10 minutes from Dallas Bay and 25 minutes from downtown Chattanooga. The Northgate Mall shopping district is about seven miles away. Children may attend Daisy Elementary and Soddy-Daisy Middle and High schools.
• Status: Ninety-two homes have been built out of a total of 133 available lots. Seven homes are available, and seven are under construction. Fifteen homes were sold in 2010.
• Price: Homes are priced in the $180,000-to- $200,000 range, available with from 1,770 to 2,150 square feet. Homes average four bedrooms and more than 2.5 bathrooms.
• Features: All homes feature finished basements, two-car garages and tile in bathrooms and the kitchen area. Hardwood floors, jacuzzis and granite countertops are standard. On the outside, foundations and/or the front of each house must be of masonry construction, which includes brick, stone or siding. Builders also make use of cedar shakes and vinyl windows. Each home has a deck with decorative railings, and the artesian touch extends to the interior with specialty ceilings, wainscoting and trim. Stainless steel appliances and gas log fireplaces are included in many homes free of charge.
• Amenities: The neighborhood, which is built in a wooded area, features sidewalks on both sides of the street, wrought-iron lit mailboxes, ample yard spaces and a neighborhood park with a playground. Some homes feature mountain views.
• Developers/builders: Jay Bell
• Contact: Jay Bell -- 423-760-1088
-- Compiled by staff writer Ellis Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org or 423-757-6315.
Ellis Smith joined the Chattanooga Times Free Press in January 2010 as a business reporter. His beat includes the flooring industry, Chattem, Unum, Krystal, the automobile market, real estate and technology. Ellis is from Marietta, Ga., and has a bachelor’s degree in mass communication at the University of West Georgia. He previously worked at UTV-13 News, Carrollton, Ga., as a producer; at the The West Georgian, Carrollton, Ga., as editor; and at the Times-Georgian, Carrollton, ...
related articles »
This suburban neighborhood is on Ooltewah-Georgetown Road, just past Green Gap Road. The subdivision is about eight minutes from Ooltewah ...
Of 71 total lots, 31 are left to be sold or developed, 39 have been sold. One is a community ...
On Hixson Pike, a mile from Valleybrook Golf & Country Club, this neighborhood is a 20-minute drive from downtown Chattanooga. ...
The subdivision is a short jaunt from Big Ridge Elementary, and children may also attend Hixson Middle and High schools.