Welcome to the new timesfreepress.com. We have spent the last few months researching and looking at how we can digitally present the news of the day in a better format, with less clutter and distraction, yet access to the rich resources of news, research and insight to what the community is talking about. We also wanted a website that reflected our digital direction and how quickly we want to and need to respond to the happenings of our community.
Reporter profiles: subscribe to a RSS, follow them on Facebook or Twitter, make them one of your Favorites.
Enter the new timesfreepress.com.
This is a major release for us with multiple phases of other enhancements and improvements still to come over the next few weeks.
See what stories are the most popular of the day.
Some of the major changes include:
- New layout to the home page allowing a cleaner and a more organized view of the news from the day
- Better integration of social networking tools, such as Facebook and Twitter
- Better profile of our reporters, allowing you to follow them
See other related articles to the story you are reading based on matched keywords in the story.
- Top Headlines will continue to update throughout the day, showing the most trafficked, or commented articles of the day
- Related stories on each article based on the keywords in the story
- Section highlights – when you are looking a Business story, links within the story show the top other Business stories
myTFP button at the top right of the screen, just below the main navigation bar.
- Better user profiles for you to comment, allowing you to have a "true" profile on our site, avatar, follow other reporters, other people that comment on the site, save favorite articles, etc., however, giving you the controls to decide what you will share with the community. We allow you to use your Google (GMail), Twitter, or Facebook account to login (one less password to remember), if you don't already have an account on our site. This is part of the “MyTFP” implementation.
User profile allows you to upload an avatar, select what people see of your information, follow others, see who is following you and much more.
We hope you like it.
related articles »
Splash into 2014 with Radiant Orchid
The second Sunday in May is set aside as Mother’s Day, but every April, Mother Nature gets her fair share ...
With developments about 30 minutes from Chattanooga in just about any direction, living in a rural area can be a ...
The city's largest employers, education and population makeup.