Staff photo by Jenna Walker/Chattanooga Times Free Press Construction fencing lines one of side of the development site off Cherokee Boulevard where The Constance apartment complex is being built near the Business Development Center.
• Name: The Constance
• Location: The new apartment development is across the street from the historic Business Development Center and within walking distance of Coolidge Park, Greenlife Grocery and boutique shopping opportunities on Chattanooga’s North Shore. Only a block away from the Tennessee River, residents will live in one of the most scenic and fastest-growing urban areas in the region. Chattanooga’s downtown core and tourist attractions such as the aquarium are accessible by walking across the Market Street bridge.
• Status: With construction only recently begun, the 26 apartments should be complete by November. The development will include 5,000 square feet of retail on the ground level and 30,000 square feet of “luxury” apartments above.
• Price: $1,100 per month for a two-bedroom apartment encompassing 1,100 square feet.
• Features: Custom-stained cabinets and granite countertops in the kitchen will stand above real hardwood floors. Stainless steel appliances are included with each apartment. A washer and dryer also come standard. The exterior will feature cut stone with a brick base, with the remainder consisting of stucco.
• Amenities: The structure will feature a rooftop terrace and fireplace when completed, and will give residents prime parking spaces in the heart of downtown. Most balconies open up with views of Stringer’s Ridge, the Tennessee River and downtown. The building is part of a master plan by developer John Wise to expand the Frazier corridor west through Cherokee Boulevard.
• Developer/Builder: Wise Properties, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Contact: Laura Lambert at 634-1900
Ellis Smith joined the Chattanooga Times Free Press in January 2010 as a business reporter. His beat includes the flooring industry, Chattem, Unum, Krystal, the automobile market, real estate and technology. Ellis is from Marietta, Ga., and has a bachelor’s degree in mass communication at the University of West Georgia. He previously worked at UTV-13 News, Carrollton, Ga., as a producer; at the The West Georgian, Carrollton, Ga., as editor; and at the Times-Georgian, Carrollton, ...
related articles »
The Pinnacle condominiums are a little slice of downtown luxury living at an affordable price. Located on the fringe of ...
The Pinnacle condominiums are a little slice of downtown luxury living at an affordable price.
Twenty-five years ago, no one wanted property in what was commonly called North Chattanooga.
One North Shore is a recently developed condominium development on the edge of the Tennessee River in the North Shore ...