HOW TO HELP
Gail Palmgren was last seen driving a red 2010 Rubicon Jeep with a tailgate tire cover that reads “Life is Good” and with a daisy painted on it. She also had a personalized Alabama tag — “EAZY ST.” The couple owns a home near Titus, Ala., on Lake Jordan.
She is 5 feet 8, weighs 135 pounds and has blonde hair and brown eyes.
Anyone with information may call investigators at 423-209-8940 or 423-622-0022.
The consent order to search the Palmgrens’ Signal Mountain home included these parameters:
* Mike Mathis, a former Chattanooga Police Department investigator, who has been hired by Palmgren, must be present during the searches.
* Any documents that investigators wish to copy must be copied through Palmgren and his attorneys.
* Testing of trace evidence is allowed as long as it does not damage the property.
* Detectives must get permission to further test items from the house from Palmgren’s attorney and the Hamilton County District Attorney’s Office.
* If investigators damage the property, the sheriff’s office must replace the property.
Source: Consent Order
The consent order lists five locations for the search:
* The Palmgren family residence at 40 Ridgerock Drive, Signal Mountain
* 439 Easy St., Wetumpka, Ala.
* 481 Jordan Lake Road, Titus, Ala.
* A public storage unit in Red Bank
* Matt Palmgren’s mother’s residence in Chattanooga
Source: Consent Order
Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office investigators completed the last of three local property searches made with the consent of the husband of a missing Signal Mountain woman.
For about 21⁄2 hours Wednesday, investigators searched the apartment of Matthew Palmgren’s mother — Julann Palmgren — at Mountain Creek Apartments located on Mountain Creek Road, authorities said.
Investigators were not seen carrying anything from the apartment during the search.
No one has seen or heard from Palmgren’s wife, 44-year-old Gail Palmgren, since April 30.
The search was similar to one conducted at the Palmgrens’ home in St. Ives subdivision at 40 Ridgerock Drive on June 23. In that search, investigators used an alternate light source looking for body fluids, photographed the area and conducted a general search.
Investigators also previously searched a storage unit in Red Bank. They have yet to search the couple’s two properties in Alabama.
Matthew Palmgren worked with his defense attorneys, Lee Davis and Bryan Hoss, to draft a consent order that would allow detectives to search the home and other properties, including a home at Lake Jordan in Alabama. The agreement states that Palmgren’s private investigator must be present at each search.
Investigators were not able to obtain search warrants for the properties early on in the investigation because there is no proof that any crime occurred.
related articles »
The Hamilton County District Attorney’s Office is asking Gov. Bill Haslam to offer a reward in the search for a ...
More than two months have passed since anyone has seen Gail Palmgren.
The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation is reviewing the case of a missing Signal Mountain woman at the request of the ...
Detectives began to search the home of a missing 44-year-old Signal Mountain woman Thursday night after her husband recently granted ...