• Name: Elite Automotive Repair
• Owner: Greg Skiles, 54, a 25-year veteran in the car business who previously worked at Infiniti and BMW dealerships
• Location: 4606 Hixson Pike. The 3,300-square-foot facility includes seven bays and a waiting area.
• Service: Maintenance and repair of luxury vehicles, including Mercedes-Benzes, Jaguars and BMWs
• Staff: Two employees: Skiles and mechanic Stan Gilbert. More will be added shortly.
• Initial investment: $25,000
• Started: May 1
• Biggest challenge: Letting people know where the shop is and what service it offers
• Biggest reward: The challenge of running your own business. “Having your own business is very rewarding, and I tend to be a workaholic,” Skiles said.
• Hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday; 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday
• Rates: $90 an hour
• Five-year goal: Skiles said he has a three-year lease at the site. “We hope to buy the building and eventually sell the business,” he said.
• Phone: 531-4629
related articles »
Project: Infiniti of Chattanooga. Owner: Furrow Automotive Group. Location: 7648 Lee Highway.
What started out in the mid-1990s as a single Land Rover dealership on the edge of Chattanooga's city limits on ...
We can tell that a new vehicle has hit the mark when we have to sprint to a dealership to ...
Burgers, fries and hot dogs are made virtually from scratch each day. There is no freezer — all food is ...