* Sims shines in California: Chattanooga’s Natalie Sims was the third female finisher in the Angeles Crest 100-mile trail run last weekend in California, from Wrightwood to Pasadena. Her time was 28 hours, 31 minutes. Because of unusual heat as well as the rough terrain, only 74 of the 122 people who started the race finished. Sims runs for the Rock/Creek race team and also is sponsored by La Sportiva.
* Last sunset kayak tour of year: Today, 6:30 p.m.; 10 participants maximum, reservations required; $35 for adults, $25 for ages 8-13. Email email@example.com or call 643-6888.
* Downtown kayak adventures: Fridays and Saturdays, 9 a.m., from Outdoor Chattanooga, Coolidge Park; 2-hour, beginner-friendly trips; equipment and guides provided; pre-registration required; $35 for adults, $25 for ages 8-13. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 643-6888.
* Tennessee Wild public outings in Cherokee National Forest: Friday-Sunday, campout ($3 per person) at Gee Creek Campground, Delano, with snorkeling on Hiwassee River on Saturday ($20 includes gear rental), tubing on Sunday ($15 plus $5 life jacket rental); Aug. 6, Conasauga River snorkeling ($35 includes gear rental, lunch). See tnwild.org or call Jeff Hunter at 322-7866.
* Free standup paddleboard yoga classes: Saturdays, 8 a.m., and Mondays, 5:15 p.m.; L2 Boards store at Market and First streets. Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or call 531-7873.
* Hiwassee Wildlife Refuge kayak trip: Saturday, 9 a.m.; transportation, gear, guides provided by Outdoor Chattanooga; adults and teens 14-up; $45. Email email@example.com or call 643-6888.
* Audubon Acres outing: Saturday, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.; hosted by South Chickamauga Creek Greenway Alliance, includes wading in the creek and lunch; $4, $2 ages 5-12, under 5 free. Contact Leah Crisp at firstname.lastname@example.org. or 209-7851.
* South Cumberland State Park hikes: Saturday, 2 p.m. CDT, moderate 4-miler from Savage Gulf ranger station to Savage Falls, swimming optional; Aug. 5, 2:30 p.m. CDT, strenuous 3-miler from Collins West parking lot over rocky terrain to Suter Falls and view of Collins River; Aug. 6, 1 p.m., from Stone Door ranger station to Laurel Gulf overlook and Laurel Falls; 2:30, moderate 2-miler from Greeter Falls parking lot to swim at base of falls. See www.friendsofscsra.org.
* Chattanooga Sea Kayakers downtown paddles: Mondays, 6 p.m., from under Market Street Bridge at Coolidge Park; all skill levels. Email email@example.com.
* Older adults free bicycle ride: Monday, 6-7:30 p.m., from Fry Center on Tennessee Riverpark; ages 55-older; bikes to borrow, adaptive bikes available. Contact Kassi Webster at firstname.lastname@example.org or 643-7880.
* Rapid Learning kayak roll practice: Tuesday, 6-8 p.m., Greenway Farm; beginners to experienced paddlers; first visit free, $5 after that; equipment, instruction provided. Email email@example.com or call 842-6629.
* Open-water swimming: Wednesdays, 5:15 p.m., Tennessee River; meeting under Market Street Bridge in Coolidge Park; ages 18-older; paddlers needed to accompany swimmers. Email Karah Friberg at firstname.lastname@example.org.