• East Ridge Council Meeting at 8 a.m. Tuesday at the East Ridge Community Center, 1517 Tombras Ave. Breakfast: $6.
• Basic QuickBooks Workshop at 8 a.m. Tuesday at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. This workshop is a step-by-step guide to setting up business finances in QuickBooks and includes topics such as check writing, invoicing and generating reports. Registration and fee of $75 is required by June 13. Call 756-8668 for more information and to register.
• Ambassadors Meeting at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday at Niko’s Southside Grill, 1400 Cowart St. Lunch: $14. RSVP required.
• Intermediate QuickBooks Workshop from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. This session will assist attendees with more advanced topics such as payroll, inventory, setting personal preferences, sales taxes and other areas. Registration and fee of $75 is required by June 13. Take Basic and Intermediate both on the same day for $125. Call 756-8668 for more information and to register.
• Mini Computer Workshops for Busy People - Introduction to Word from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. Wednesday at Chattanooga State Community College, 4501 Amnicola Hwy. Attendees will learn to set up business templates for business communications. Registration and fee of $39 is required by June 13. Call 697-3100 for more information and to register.
• Ooltewah/Collegedale Council Meeting at 9:30 a.m. Wednesday at the Collegedale City Hall, 4910 Swinyar Drive. Dan Challener of the Public Education Foundation will speak on “Public Education and the Small Business Owner.”
• Hixson Council Meeting at noon Wednesday at North River Civic Center, 1009 Executive Dr. Lunch: $10.
• North Hamilton County Council Meeting at noon Thursday at Budweiser, 200 Shearer St. Tommy Farmer of the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation will speak on “Meth Issues Facing Our Area.” Lunch: $10.
• Business After Hours from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday at The Pinnacle, 1131 Stringer Ridge Rd.
• Small Business Orientation at 5:30 p.m. Thursday at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. The counselor discusses basic business planning, including financial projections and legal entity. Attendees will receive an information packet containing phone numbers and addresses for information about business licenses, taxes and other start-up materials. This event is free. Call 756-8668 for more information and to register.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right:
related articles »
QuickBooks workshops Tuesday at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. The morning basic workshop walks attendees through ...
North Chattanooga Council meeting from 5 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at Marco’s Italian Bistro, 417 Frazier Ave. Networking meeting. $10. ...