• Name: Perry Village
• Location: The subdivision is on McBrien Road, a block from Interstate 24. Children may attend East Ridge schools.
• Status: Of 49 total lots, three houses have been built and builders are preparing to start work on two more. Fourteen houses are planned for Phase 1, with the rest to be built in a second phase. One home has been sold.
• Price: Homes cost from $179,000 to $195,000, for from 1,590 to 1,780 square feet. The houses contain three bedrooms and three baths, with an option to add an additional bedroom.
• Features: Builders employed modern construction techniques and materials, including fire-resistant drywall, high-end cabinets, granite countertops and hardwood and tile floors. Exteriors are sided with Hardie board cement planks, and stacked-stone or brick facades are available. Homes have multiple porches, made of Trex decking material instead of wood, and buyers can choose from 12 interior styles and nine door casings.
• Amenities: Appliance packages are included, including a refrigerator, and the houses have gas lines run throughout to allow grilling and gas stoves. Builders took advantage of EPB’s Energy Right program to insulate walls and windows. A pool with bathrooms and a covered area will include a grilling zone for neighbors.
• Fees: $450 a year
• Developers: Perry Development
• Builders: Vincent Morse and Kenny Slayton
• Contact: Caroline Outlaw at 664-1900
Ellis Smith joined the Chattanooga Times Free Press in January 2010 as a business reporter. His beat includes the flooring industry, Chattem, Unum, Krystal, the automobile market, real estate and technology. Ellis is from Marietta, Ga., and has a bachelor’s degree in mass communication at the University of West Georgia. He previously worked at UTV-13 News, Carrollton, Ga., as a producer; at the The West Georgian, Carrollton, Ga., as editor; and at the Times-Georgian, Carrollton, ...
related articles »
The neighborhood is off Ooltewah-Ringgold Road, just north of the Georgia border. Apison Elementary, and East Hamilton Middle and High ...
about 240 total lots are planned for Providence Point, with 13 houses under construction and 11 for sale. The development ...
Ten homes have been sold out of 33 total lots, and two more are under contract. Three houses are under ...
The subdivision is a short jaunt from Big Ridge Elementary, and children may also attend Hixson Middle and High schools.