• Brainerd/East Brainerd Council Meeting at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday at the Car Barn, 6721 Heritage Business Ct. Networking meeting. Lunch: $10.
• May Business Building Blocks Seminar from noon to 4 p.m. Tuesday at the Chattanooga Chamber Board Room, 811 Broad St. Vincent Phipps of Bethel University will speak on “Public Speaking for People with Flying Stomachs and Shaky Knees.” To make reservations, call the Chattanooga Chamber events hotline at 423.763.4366 or e-mail events@chattanoo gachamber.com.
• Enterprise Gateway Council Meeting at 8:30 a.m. Thursday at Hospice of Chattanooga, 4411 Oakwood Dr. Breakfast: $6.
• CEG/BDC luncheon at 11:30 a.m. Thursday at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Maury Nicely of Evans, Harrison and Hackett, PLLC, speaks on “Avoiding Workplace Discrimination and Harassment.” Please register in advance by calling 752-4301.
• Small Business Orientation at 11:30 a.m. Thursday at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. The counselor discusses basic business planning including financial projections and legal entity. More information about the free seminar is available at 756-8668
• Ribbon Cutting for Interior Care Inc. at 3 p.m. Thursday at Interior Care Inc., 624 Bell Ave.
• May Chamber Power Connect at 8 a.m. Friday at the ITT Technical Institute, 5600 Brainerd Road. Speed networking event for Chamber members only. To register, call 763-4366 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Mini Computer Workshops for Busy People—An introduction to tracking at 2 p.m. Saturday at Chattanooga State Community College, 4501 Amnicola Highway Attendees will learn valuable tools to manage their investment portfolios. $39. Registration and fee are required by May 26. Call 69-3100 for more information and to register.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right: