It's not too late to enter the annual Chattanooga Times Free Press Holiday Wrapping-Paper Art Contest. Entries are due no later than Thursday, Dec. 17.
Last year's winner was Erin Knocke of Tennessee Christian Preparatory School. More than 1,000 children last year entered the contest, which is co-sponsored by Allied Arts of Greater Chattanooga and Chattanooga Kids on the Block.
This year, in addition to the winning wrapping paper being printed in the Times Free Press on Nov. 27 and Kids on the Block wrapping presents with the design at Hamilton Place mall Dec. 8-24, the winning design and those of 10 to 12 runners-up will be displayed in an exhibit at the Creative Discovery Museum.
Complete rules are at right, but the contest is open to students in grades 1-5, and entries must be received by the Times Free Press by 5 p.m. on Nov. 17.
- Who can enter: Any elementary school student in grades 1-5.
- Deadline: Entries must be received at the Times Free Press by 5 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 17.
- Grand prize: A special arts package from Allied Arts, a goody bag from Kids on the Block, $25, a photograph published in the newspaper, and the Christmas design printed as wrapping paper in the newspaper Sunday, Nov. 27. The winner will be contacted no later than Tuesday, Nov. 22.
- Judges: The Times Free Press design staff and representatives from Allied Arts, Kids on the Block and Creative Discovery Museum will select the winners.
- Entry format: Use an 81/2- by 11-inch piece of unlined paper. One entry per child. Entry should have the child's name, age, address, telephone number and school printed on the back. (A teacher's name is also helpful.)
- Mail or hand-deliver entry to: Wrapping Paper Art Contest, Times Free Press, 400 E. 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403.
- Note: Entries will not be returned.
- For more information: 757-6282.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right: