Fire officials have ruled arson in a house explosion in Rossville on Nov. 2 that blew pieces of the home hundreds of yards away.
Walker County Fire Marshall Waymond Westbrook said today investigators concluded that either gasoline was poured inside the house on 1441 Mission Ridge Road or containers were left to evaporate until a spark lit the fire and caused the explosion.
They don’t have any clear suspects at the moment, he said.
Last week ,calls flooded into 911 around 9:20 p.m. after the house exploded with no one inside. The owner of the house wasn’t home.
For complete details, see tomorrow’s Times Free Press.
Joy Lukachick Smith is the city government reporter for the Chattanooga Times Free Press. Since 2009, she's covered crime and court systems in North Georgia and rural Tennessee, landed an exclusive in-prison interview with a former cop convicted of killing his wife, exposed impropriety in an FBI-led, child-sex online sting and exposed corruption in government agencies. Earlier this year, Smith won the Malcolm Law Memorial Award for Investigative Reporting. She also won first place in ...