Five puppies were rescued from a house fire Tuesday.
Shortly before 4 p.m., 911 received multiple calls about the fire in a home at 4323 Shawhan Road.
Firefighters quickly arrived and confined the damage to the attic area, Assistant Fire Marshal Lt. Shellie Thorne said in a news release.
The family of three who live in the house was not there at the time, but firefighters safely removed five puppies from the house once the fire was under control, Thorne said.
The homeowners told an investigator that a tree had fallen on the roof near where electrical service comes in from the street. The investigator reported that the fire started in that part of the house and seemed to be electrical, Thorne said.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right: