published Wednesday, October 19th, 2011

5 puppies rescued from Chattanooga house fire

4323 Shawhan Road
Get directions:  To here - From here

Five puppies were rescued from a house fire Tuesday.

Shortly before 4 p.m., 911 received multiple calls about the fire in a home at 4323 Shawhan Road.

Firefighters quickly arrived and confined the damage to the attic area, Assistant Fire Marshal Lt. Shellie Thorne said in a news release.

The family of three who live in the house was not there at the time, but firefighters safely removed five puppies from the house once the fire was under control, Thorne said.

The homeowners told an investigator that a tree had fallen on the roof near where electrical service comes in from the street. The investigator reported that the fire started in that part of the house and seemed to be electrical, Thorne said.

Connect with the Times Free Press on Facebook

about Staff Report...

Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right:

Comments do not represent the opinions of the Chattanooga Times Free Press, nor does it review every comment. Profanities, slurs and libelous remarks are prohibited. For more information you can view our Terms & Conditions and/or Ethics policy.
please login to post a comment

Other National Articles

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement
400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.