• Business Advice — Free business help is available from members of SCORE, Counselors to America’s Small Business, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. every Monday through Thursday at the Franklin Building, Suite 515, 5726 Marlin Road, at Eastgate Town Center. For more information, call 553-1722.
• North Chattanooga council meeting at noon Tuesday at the Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Karen Hundt will speak on “Moccasin Bend Development.” Lunch: $10.
• Networking at the Creative Discovery Museum at 8 a.m. Wednesday at 321 Chestnut St. Attendees will network with area business people at this free event. For information, contact Chrissy Nolan Jones at 423-763-4375 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Downtown council meeting at 7:30 a.m. Thursday at the Double Tree Hotel, 407 Chestnut St. Laura Templeton of UTC’s business school will talk about “Financing the Future.” Breakfast: $10.
• Southside council meeting at noon Friday at the South Chattanooga Recreation Center, 1151 W. 40th St. Dave Whitfield of UTC’s SimCenter will speak. Lunch $10.
• Small business orientation at 5:30 p.m. Thursday at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. The counselor discusses basic business planning including financial projections and legal entity. To register for the free event, call 756-8668.
• Ooltewah/Collegedale Council Coffee at 8:30 a.m. Friday at Hampton Inn, 6145 Weir Way.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right: