published Friday, September 9th, 2011

Grease catches kitchen on fire in Hixson home

A kitchen caught fire in a Hixson home about 4 p.m. when a child was cooking and grease caught fire, officials say.

The juvenile attempted to put the fire out when the grease splashed on him and caught the cabinets on fire, Hamilton County EMS spokeswoman Amy Maxwell said. He sustained second-degree burns to his arms and neck but did not need hospitalization, she said.

Firefighters from the Dallas Bay Volunteer Fire Department were able to quickly arrive at the home, located at 6948 Love Lane, and put out the fire, containing it to the kitchen area, according to Dallas Bay Fire Chief Marcus Fritts.

about Staff Report...

Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right:

1
Comments do not represent the opinions of the Chattanooga Times Free Press, nor does it review every comment. Profanities, slurs and libelous remarks are prohibited. For more information you can view our Terms & Conditions and/or Ethics policy.
chescarroll said...

The child was not cooking. He tried to put out the fire with his mother standing near by.

September 10, 2011 at 3:42 p.m.
please login to post a comment

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.