• Name: Springhill Suites, by Marriott
• Location: Off Riverfront Parkway, part of the Cameron Harbor development. The development will include condos, townhomes, docks and restaurants, in addition to the hotel.
• Status: The building’s foundation and first floor are framed, and planks are set for the second floor out of six total. Much still remains to be done, including electrical, heating and air conditioning, and both the exterior and interior skin.
• Price: The total cost for the 81,000-square-foot building is $16 million, owners say.
• Features: Guests can enjoy the hotel restaurant, which will face the river and include a patio. Hotel guests also will have access to the Riverwalk, which will be extended through the rear of the property. The 116 guest rooms provide views of Chattanooga’s bridges, river and Cameron Hill.
The exterior skin of the building will consist of glass, metal and stucco, and interior finishes will use carpet, tile and high-end finishes. The hotel rooms primarily consist of suites, as the hotel’s name would suggest, which include living areas, minirefrigerators, and other upgrades not found in some other hotel rooms.
• Amenities: The hotel sports a pool, spa and exercise room, as well as walking access to Chattanooga’s riverfront and tourist activities. Conference rooms and a business area could make the hotel an attractive destination for company meetings. Guests entering the lobby are greeted by a rain curtain that achieves the effect of a “bubble wall” through the use of clever lighting techniques.
• Developer: 3H Group.
• Builders: EMJ Corp.
Ellis Smith joined the Chattanooga Times Free Press in January 2010 as a business reporter. His beat includes the flooring industry, Chattem, Unum, Krystal, the automobile market, real estate and technology. Ellis is from Marietta, Ga., and has a bachelor’s degree in mass communication at the University of West Georgia. He previously worked at UTV-13 News, Carrollton, Ga., as a producer; at the The West Georgian, Carrollton, Ga., as editor; and at the Times-Georgian, Carrollton, ...
related articles »
Steak in bed.
A $40 million hotel development on Shallowford Road soon could claim the title of Chattanooga's most lavish inn, according to ...
Builders are in the process of site work, and have finished the building pad and begun framing the structure. Workers ...
The subdivision is on McBrien Road, a block from Interstate 24. Children may attend East Ridge schools.