Eddie Stinnett, a councilman in Fort Oglethorpe, withdrew his challenge this morning to council candidate Steve Brandon.
The two were scheduled for a hearing Friday after Stinnett filed a complaint last week, saying Brandon was not fit to run for council because he is a volunteer fireman in the city and is compensated by the city. Such an arrangement would ban Brandon from running for office.
But this morning, Elections Superintendent Orma Luckey said Stinnett withdrew his complaint because he had received new information from tax documents about Brandon’s compensation.
Brandon had called the allegations “ludicrous” and said he receives a maximum of $4.40 reimbursements for each fire call.
For complete details, see tomorrow’s Times Free Press
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right: