• Jacob Toney and Josh Thomas, South Pittsburg: Toney threw a one-hitter with 11 strikeouts and hit a home run when South Pittsburg beat Marion County 10-0 in a six-inning District 6-A baseball game. Two of the three hits by Thomas were triples, and he drove in two runs.
• Hunter Brown, Grundy County: He went 3-for-3 with a double and five RBIs and also was the winning pitcher in the Yellow Jackets' 17-4 five-inning District 7-AA win over Bledsoe County.
• Ashton Condra, Sequatchie County: She was the winning pitcher for the District 7 Lady Indians, limiting Disitrct 5 leader Meigs County to one hit and striking out seven in a 10-0 six-inning softball game between Class AA teams.
• Danielle Harvey, Polk County: She was 4-for-5 with a double and drove in six of the Wildkittens' 14 runs as they defeated fellow District 5-AA opponent McMinn Central by 10 in five innings.
• Taylor Hicks, Ooltewah: Her lone hit in the Lady Owls' game against Hixson was a three-run double in the top of the seventh that provided the winning margin in their 5-4 victory.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress