Three juveniles are in custody after a string of armed robberies that took place between 5 and 7:30 a.m. today, Chattanooga police say.
The three males were picked up in the 1600 block of Arlington Avenue, said police spokesman Officer Nathan Hartwig.
The suspects shot at one victim but he was not injured; however, the suspects physically assaulted another victim, who sustained minor injuries, Hartwig said.
In all cases, the victims were alone either in or near a parking lot or walking in a residential neighborhood, he said.
The robberies occurred:
• At 5:17 a.m. outside of Memorial Hospital at 2525 DeSales Ave. The victim was a 60-year-old male;
• At 6:37 a.m. in the Bi-Lo Parking Lot at 6951 Lee Highway. The victim was a 41-year-old female;
• At 6:57 a.m. in the 400 block of North Howell Avenue. The victim was a 43-year-old female;
• At 7:01 a.m. in the 500 block of Arlington Avenue. The victim was a 49-year-old male;
• at 7:11 a.m. in the 700 block of Arlington Avenue. The victim was a 64-year-old male.
Anyone with information on these robberies can call the Chattanooga Police Department at 423-698-2525.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right:
related articles »
A 25-year-old man was shot early Saturday morning in the 600 block of North Orchard Knob Avenue, according to Chattanooga ...
A Murfreesboro, Tenn., woman remained in the Hamilton County Jail on aggravated assault charges Friday after she was accused of ...
The 14-year-old who was shot Friday night near 26000 Market St. may have been caught in the crossfire between two ...
Police officers responded to a robbery Wednesday night at the Walmart on 2020 Gunbarrel Road, in Chattanooga. Aout 10:04 p.m., ...