• What: Chattanooga Fashion Week.
• When: 5-9 p.m. Wednesday-Aug. 24, 10 a.m.-10 p.m. Aug. 25.
• Where: Warehouse Row, 1110 Market St.
• Admission: Daily $45 general admission, $75 VIP; four-day tickets $175 general admission, $250 VIP. Free shopping event 10 a.m.-6 p.m. final day.
• Website: www.chattanoogafashionweek.com.
Chattanooga will take a giant step down the catwalk with the debut of Chattanooga Fashion Week, four days of runway shows, designer showcases and cocktails.
Events begin Wednesday with a kickoff party at Warehouse Row and an Emerging Designer Showcase featuring designs by Madison Waldrop of Designs by Malyse.
Thursday's theme is Fashion Row, spotlighting designs found in Warehouse Row stores Embellish, Kayce Hughes, Rhinoceros and Ellie's Fine Lingerie as well as makeup by Cosmetic Market.
Accessories, swimwear and menswear will be featured Aug. 24. Pop-up shops and a series of three runway shows and a cocktail hour leading up to the grand finale will fill Aug. 25.
Local models and designers will be featured throughout the week.
The ultimate goal of Chattanooga Fashion Week is "creating buzz and giving a relevant outlet to fashion houses, buyers and culture enthusiasts in Chattanooga and beyond," according to organizer Jaime Hatcher Hemsley, owner of Gage Modeling Agency. Hemsley recently held a similar event in Knoxville.
Tickets are sold by the day or as four-day passes. VIP tickets guarantee seating in the first two rows for the runway shows.