• Chamber member Orientation at 8 a.m. Tuesday in the Chamber Board Room, 811 Broad St. Attendees will learn about the Chattanooga Chamber. The event is free, and a light breakfast will be served.
• Events, seminars Government Contracting Workshop from 9 a.m. to noon Tuesday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, this workshop covers basic and advanced government contracting. Call 423-756-8668 to register for this free event.
• Events, seminars North Chattanooga Council Meeting at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Karen Hundt of the Chattanooga Regional Planning Agency will speak. Meetings cost $10.
• Networking at Southern Hearth & Patio from 8 to 9 a.m. Wednesday at 6513 Lee Highway. To find out more about this event, contact Stacy Carmosino at firstname.lastname@example.org
• An Hour with My Attorney from 11 a.m. to noon Wednesday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Attorney Chuck Fisher will discuss leases, contracts, powers of attorney, corporate meetings and other topics of interest. Call 423-756-8668 to register.
• Experience Talks: Social Media Marketing from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Wednesday at The Camp House, 1427 Williams St. Attendees will explore what social media strategies work best for different types of businesses. A panel of local business leaders and marketing managers will lead the discussion by sharing their direct experiences with the audience. Lunch will be provided at this free event, hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center and The CO.LAB. Guests can register online at www.colab.is/experiencetalks or by calling 423-756-8668.
• Downtown Council Meeting from 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. Thursday at The DoubleTree Hotel, 407 Chestnut St. Tennessee House Majority Leader and state Rep. Gerald McCormick will talk about the upcoming Tennessee General Assembly. Meetings cost $10.
• Southside Council Meeting from noon to 1 p.m. Thursday at the South Chattanooga Recreation Center, 1151 W. 40th St. David Hawke of Marketing Velocity will speak on "Social Media's Latest Change and How It's Affecting Your Business."
• Small Business Orientation from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Thursday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. The counselor discusses basic business planning including financial projections and legal entity. Hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, this event is free and open to the public. Call 423-756-8668 for more information and to register.
• Ooltewah/Collegedale Council Coffee at 8:30 a.m. Friday at Hampton Inn, 6145 Weir Way. The monthly gathering brings professionals from the Ooltewah-Collegedale area together for an hour of networking and refreshments.
• Ribbon Cutting for CPR -- Cell Phone Repair at 11 a.m. Friday at 1906 Gunbarrel Road
• Intellectual Property Clinic from 1 to 3 p.m. Friday The CO.LAB, 55 E. Main St. Chambliss, Bahner & Stophel, P.C. will deliver free intellectual property advising sessions. Contact Enoch Elwell at email@example.com or 423-648-2195 to sign up for a 45-minute time slot.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress