Events and seminars
• Basic QuickBooks Workshop from 8 a.m. to noon at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, this step-by-step workshop walks attendees through the process of setting up business finances in QuickBooks. Fee: $95. Registration and fee are required by Dec. 10. Call 423-756-8668 for more information and to register.
• Small Business Orientation from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. The counselor discusses basic business planning including financial projections and legal entity. Hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, participants are asked to register for the free event by calling 423-756-8668.
• MidTown Council Meeting at 11:45 a.m. Wednesday at Out of the Blue Café, 3230 Brainerd Road. Kasandra Rodriguez-Helms of the Better Business Bureau will talk on "Holiday Scams: Be Prepared." Meetings cost $10.
• Small Business Loan Workshop from 10 to 11:30 a.m. Thursday at the BrightBridge Women's Business Center, 535 Chestnut St., Suite 161. This step-by-step workshop will walk attendees through the process of applying for a U.S. Small Business Administration working capital loan. A lending expert will be on hand to help participants submit applications during the event. Call 423-424-4220.
• An Hour with a Bookkeeper from 1 to 2 p.m. Thursday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Lynn Talbott of HR Business Solutions, LLC will review common bookkeeping mistakes small business owners should avoid. This seminar also will cover ways to set up QuickBooks and Excel spreadsheets for accounting, how to read a financial statement, which receipts to keep and how to record meals and entertainment expenses. Call 423-756-8668 to register.
• YPAC After Hours from 6 to 9 p.m. Thursday at the Mountain City Club, 729 Chestnut St. The Young Professional Association of Chattanooga will host its annual Christmas Party benefiting the Northside Neighborhood House. Attendees are encouraged to bring a new toy for donation.
• Ribbon Cutting for Lunch Box Deli from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. Friday at the Lunch Box Deli, 5959 Shallowford Road.