published Tuesday, December 25th, 2012

Blaze damages house in Red Bank

Red Bank firefighters responded to a house fire at 333 W. Midvale Ave. about 12:30 p.m. Tuesday, according to Amy Maxwell of Hamilton County Emergency Services.

When the first engine arrived, firefighters reported fire showing in the front of the house. They quickly extinguished the fire and contained it to two rooms, Maxwell said.

Red Bank Fire officials reported the two residents were home asleep and awoke to the smell of smoke. They evacuated the house and called 911, Maxwell said.

Red Bank Fire Department requested a Mutual Aid response for additional manpower. Dallas Bay Volunteer Fire Department and Walden's Ridge Emergency Services responded to assist.

Red Bank fire officials reported the fire was accidental, caused by unattended smoking material, Maxwell said. No injuries were reported.

about Staff Report...

Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right:

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement
400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.