• Stockton Valley Baptist Church, 39875 Highway 72 N., Loudon, Tenn.; 6 p.m. Sunday; concert by Jim Ricketts and Crystle Elam; 775-2806; also at Good Hope Baptist Church, 2601 Armstrong Ferry Road, Decatur, Tenn., 8 p.m. Monday.
New Year's Eve services
• Hawkinsville Missionary Baptist Church, 7463 Pinewood Drive; 10 a.m. Monday; 892-1924 or www.hawkinsvillechurch.org.
• Sale Creek Church of God, 14919 Dayton Pike, Sale Creek; 7 p.m.-midnight Monday; Watch Night service features singing and refreshments; 332-1838.
• The Generosity Trust is seeking nominations for the 2013 Dora Maclellan Brown Ministry Scholarships, presented annually to students preparing for Christian ministry. The scholarships, to be awarded for the 41st year, are available to men and women from the Chattanooga area who are biblically conservative and are seeking a master's degree at a theological seminary or other graduate school approved by the foundation. The scholarships, based on merit and need for the duration of the degree program, are named in memory of Brown, a longtime educator and daughter of the founder of Provident Life & Accident Insurance Co. The money will be awarded in April and begin in August. The application deadline is 5 p.m. on Feb. 15. For information or an application, call Henry Henegar at 266-5257, or download the guidelines and application at www.thegenerositytrust.org.
• St. Thaddaeus' Episcopal Church, 4300 Locksley Lane; 10:30 a.m. Sunday; Anglican service of lessons and carols; 892-2377.
Clint Cooper is the faith editor and a staff writer for the Times Free Press Life section. He also has been an assistant sports editor and Metro staff writer for the newspaper. Prior to the merger between the Chattanooga Free Press and Chattanooga Times in 1999, he was sports news editor for the Chattanooga Free Press, where he was in charge of the day-to-day content of the section and the section’s design. Before becoming sports ...