This week's events
Radiothon raises $125,000 for hospital
• What: The sixth annual Cure Kids Cancer radiothon sponsored by Sunny 92.3 radio station raised $125,000 in pledges and donations. Morning radio personalities James Howard and Kim Carson aired live for five days from children’s hospital’s Center for Childhood Cancer and Blood Disorders and at Hamilton Place. Listeners heard stories from cancer patients, their families, physicians and nurses.
• Benefits: Children’s Hospital at Erlanger Foundation and Center for childhood Cancer and Blood Disorders
AkzoNobel donates $10,000 to Habitat
• What: AkzoNobel, a global paint and coating company and producer of specialty chemicals, made a $10,000 donation to Habitat for Humanity of Greater Chattanooga.
• Benefits: AkzoNobel's Community Program helped fund construction costs and purchase appliances for Habitat's 239th home and 21 AkzoNobel employees also volunteered 100 hours to build the East Lake home.
City Panhellenic sponsors Greek Meet-and-Greet
• What: The Chattanooga Alumnae Panhellenic Association hosted a meet-and-greet at The Church on Main for all Chattanooga collegians in National Panhellenic sororities who are home for the holidays. The Greek gathering was to introduce collegians to alumnae opportunities in City Panhellenic.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right: