• “Getting Ready to Get the Loan” from 9 to 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Gary Highfield of First Tennessee Bank will speak on the essentials of requesting business loans, including questions bankers may ask and materials applicants should prepare in advance. Call 423-756-8668 for more information and to register.
• North Chattanooga council meeting from noon to 1 p.m. Tuesday at the Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Lane Ford of the North Shore Fellowship will talk on “Conversational Leadership.” Cost is $10.
• MidTown council meeting at 11:45 a.m. Wednesday at the Out of the Blue Café, 3230 Brainerd Road. Robert Bradham of the Chattanooga Chamber will speak about the group’s public policy agenda. Cost is $10.
• Small business orientation at 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday at the Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. The counselor discusses basic business planning including financial projections and legal entity. Register for the free event by calling 423-756-8998.
• YPAC After Hours from 6 to 9 p.m. Thursday at the Walden Club, 633 Chestnut St.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress