• Ribbon cutting for Sweet Peppers Deli Monday 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. at 2040 Hamilton Place Blvd., Ste 142
• Free tax consult from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. Tuesday or Thursday at the Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. To register, call 756-8668
• Ambassadors luncheon at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday at Niko’s Southside Grill, 1200 Cowart St. To register, contact Stacy Carmosino at 423-763-4357 or email@example.com
• Get Your Name Out There — learn how to effectively market your business from 9 to 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at the Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Speakers include Amy Haun of The E Group Inc. and Jamie Goebel of Cumulus Media. Call 756-668 for more information and to register.
• Ooltewah/Collegedale council meeting at 9:15 a.m. Wednesday at Collegedale City Hall, 4910 Swinyar Drive. Chris Matthews, president of Friends of Hamilton, will speak.
• Hixson council meeting at noon Wednesday at the North River Civic Center, 1009 Executive Drive. Katie Reinsmidt and Allen Lebovitz from CBL & Associates Properties will talk about “Plans for Northgate mall.” Meetings cost $10.
• North Hamilton County council meeting at noon Thursday at Budweiser of Chattanooga, 200 Shearer St. Rob Bradham, vice president of public strategies for the Chattanooga Chamber, will give a public police update. Meetings cost $10.
• Business After Hours from 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday at Chattanooga Billiards Club, 725 Cherry St. Contact Chrissy Jones at 763-4375 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Small business orientation from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Thursday at the Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress