published Monday, January 2nd, 2012

Fire forces Red Bank family out of their home

424 North Sims Road
Get directions:  To here - From here

An accidental fire that started in the kitchen of a home has left a family staying with relatives for the night.

At 7:15 p.m. Monday, homeowner Linda Moore called 911 reporting a kitchen fire at 424 North Sims Road, according to a news release from the Hamilton County Emergency Medical Services.

Damages are estimated at $25,000. No injuries were reported.

The Red Bank Fire Department responded and firefighters were able to contain the fire to the kitchen and side deck area.

Deputy Chief Brent Sylar said the homeowners smelled smoke and found something was burning above the stove area, according to the release

The family evacuated the house and called 911 when they realized their fire extinguisher didn’t work, according to the release.

about Staff Report...

Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right:

Other National Articles

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.