• Name: Meadow Stream neighborhood.
• Location: Ooltewah, just west of the intersection of Mountain View Road and Ooltewah-Georgetown Road. The neighborhood is among the most conveniently located in the city, with access to the business district four miles to the south, and Interstate 75 a few seconds beyond that. Students may attend Ooltewah Elementary, Ooltewah Middle and Ooltewah High School.
• Status: The neighborhood has three homes already built in the current phase. Previous phases have seen the construction of hundreds of homes in the neighborhood. One home is currently under construction, with two more planned to start soon and 27 additional lots available.
• Price: Homes range in price from $250,000 to $375,000, and are available in larger sizes than many other homes on the market -- 2,200 to 3,800 square feet. Yards measure just over a quarter-acre, and the houses can be outfitted with anywhere from three to six bedrooms and two to four bathrooms.
• Features: Houses will be constructed of brick and stone fronts, with the other three sides either vinyl or Hardie siding. Standard features include hardwood floors, crown molding, stainless steel appliances, wainscoating in dining room, granite in the kitchen and side-entry two-car garages with an available upgrade to three cars. Bedrooms and upstairs hallways are covered in carpet, and baths feature all-tile construction. Some home styles will feature two-story ceilings, and most will have a front porch. Available options could include fireplaces and pre-wiring for television and surround sound.
• Amenities: Sidewalks aren't built yet but are planned. Mailboxes will be built out of materials that match each home. Some lots are lightly wooded. The lots are connected to city sewer and utilities.
• Fees: No homeowners association dues
• Developer: James Rogers and McDaniel & Son
• Builders: Pratt Homebuilders, Newcastle Homes
• Contact: 423-664-2500
Ellis Smith joined the Chattanooga Times Free Press in January 2010 as a business reporter. His beat includes the flooring industry, Chattem, Unum, Krystal, the automobile market, real estate and technology. Ellis is from Marietta, Ga., and has a bachelor’s degree in mass communication at the University of West Georgia. He previously worked at UTV-13 News, Carrollton, Ga., as a producer; at the The West Georgian, Carrollton, Ga., as editor; and at the Times-Georgian, Carrollton, ...
related articles »
The neighborhood is off Ooltewah-Ringgold Road, just north of the Georgia border. Apison Elementary, and East Hamilton Middle and High ...
What kind of house will a quarter of a million dollars buy in Hamilton County?
Located in Soddy-Daisy on Sedman Road, the neighborhood is only 10 minutes from Dallas Bay and 25 minutes from downtown ...
The subdivision is a short jaunt from Big Ridge Elementary, and children may also attend Hixson Middle and High schools.