• AM Networking at Hutchinson & Walls PC from 8 to 9 a.m. Wednesday at 401 Chestnut St. The program brings more than 60 area businesspeople together for an hour of networking and refreshments.
• Developing A Global Mindset: “Diversity in the Workplace” from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at the Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. The seminar series challenges participants to expand their knowledge of international business culture and take advantage of emerging opportunities in the global market. For more information, contact Gladys Pineda-Loher at email@example.com.
• Downtown Council meeting 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. Thursday at the DoubleTree Hotel, 407 Chestnut St. John Schroer, commissioner for the Tennessee Department of Transportation, will speak on “The Impact of Upcoming Road Construction Projects on Downtown Chattanooga.” Meetings cost $10.
• Southside Council Meeting at noon Thursday at the South Chattanooga Recreation Center, 1151 W. 40th St. Program by the Southside Schools Education Panel. Meetings cost $10.
• Small Business Orientation from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Thursday at the Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. The counselor discusses basic business planning including financial projections and legal entity. This event is free and open to the public. Call 423-756-8668 for more information and to register.
• Ooltewah/College-dale Council Coffee at 8:30 a.m. Friday at Hampton Inn, 6145 Weir Way. Attendees at this monthly networking event will have the opportunity to make new business contacts on their way to work.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right: