• Dallas Bay Baptist Church (Northgate Campus and Conference Center), 4976 Alpha Lane, Hixson; noon-1 p.m. Thursday; Power Lunch gathering for businessmen and businesswomen provides discussion session about biblical principles that apply to work, family and faith; $5 for hot lunch; 842-9299 or www.dbbc.org/powerlunch.
• Northwest Georgia Trade & Convention Center, 2211 Dug Gap Battle Road, Dalton, Ga.; 9:20 a.m.-4:55 p.m. Friday and Saturday, July 21, and 9:20 a.m.-3:40 p.m. Sunday, July 22; "Safeguard Your Heart!" district convention by Jehovah's Witnesses offers spiritual strengthening through discussion, Bible readings and presentations, and a live play; free but donations welcome; 423-605-2082 or www.jw.org.
• Apison Baptist Church, 11127 Old East Brainerd Road, Apison; 11 a.m. Sunday, July 22; Southern gospel concert by Steve Hess and Southern Salvation; free; 236-4291.
• Lebanon Baptist Church, 1411 Old Parksville Road N.E., Cleveland, Tenn.; 11 a.m. Sunday; concert by Jim Ricketts and Crystle Elam; 775-2806; also at Manilla Chapel Baptist, 1041 Highway 39 East, Englewood, Tenn., 6 p.m. Sunday.
• Sequoyah Church of God, 2007 Frankie Lane, Soddy-Daisy; 6-8 p.m. Thursday; concert by the Joyful Expressions; 332-3834.
• Benedictine Sisters Retreat Center, 916 Convent Road N.E., Cullman, Ala.; Monday-Friday; directed faith development retreat offers silence, daily consultation with spiritual directors, and extended time for personal prayer and reflection; $395 (including lodging and meals); 256-734-8302 or email email@example.com.
Vacation Bible schools
• Brittsville Baptist Church, 2650 Brittsville Road, Georgetown, Tenn.; 7-9 p.m. Monday-Friday; all ages; theme: "God's Amazing Wonders"; 472-5177.
• East Ridge United Methodist Church, 1601 Prater Road; 6:30-8:30 p.m. Monday-Friday; ages 3-up; 892-8451 or www.eastridgeumc.org.
• Smith Chapel United Methodist Church, 1721 Smith Chapel Road; Tunnel Hill, Ga.; 7-9 p.m. July 22-26; all ages; theme: "Adventures on Promise Island"; 706-965-2434.
• First Baptist Church, 401 Gateway Ave.; noon Thursday; Scenic City Women's Network monthly luncheon features Beeson Divinity School adjunct professor, author and writing-to-publish seminars co-founder/co-teacher Denise W. George speaking on "Flourishing and Forgiveness: You Can't Have One Without the Other!"; $10 members, $12 visitors; reservations deadline Tuesday; 698-6262 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Stoney Point Baptist Church, 9129 Dayton Pike, Soddy-Daisy; 8 a.m.-1:45 p.m. Saturday, July 21; "What Every Women Ought To Know About Authority" is Covenant Keypers event featuring breakout sessions for married women, singles, preteens, teens and pastors wives, plus guest speaker Jan Silvious; free; reservations, 451-2126 or www.Covenantkeypers.org; information, 332-5444.