• Name: The Preserve at Clift Mill
• Location: It's a gently rolling, wooded tract with a 330-acre parklike sitting across from it that gives one the feeling of being in the middle of nature around rural Soddy-Daisy. Children attend Soddy-Daisy elementary, middle and high schools. The area is served by gas, cable, high-speed Internet and EPB. Shopping is available in downtown Soddy-Daisy with new retail and grocery stores. The area is a 15-minute drive to the mall.
• Status: Of 51 lots, about 14 homes are complete, and three are for sale. Another three are under construction.
• Price: Homes range from $250,000 to $400,000 and from 2,200 to 3,000 square feet. Most include three to four bedrooms and three to four baths. Lots are anywhere from a half-acre to 3/4 acre with septic-tanks.
• Features: A lot of Craftsman-style homes, with a stone and brick mix. Homes feature Hardie siding, crown molding, basement and crawl-space lots, tile showers, moldings, coffered ceilings, appliances, granite, wood floors, fireplaces, decks, daylighted basement with patios and three-car garages.
• Amenities: Five minutes from public boat ramps at Steve's Landing, Pine Harbor and public water areas.
• Developers/builders: Trademark Builders, Mark Eller, Mike Case
• Contact: Mark Eller -- 596-8660
Ellis Smith joined the Chattanooga Times Free Press in January 2010 as a business reporter. His beat includes the flooring industry, Chattem, Unum, Krystal, the automobile market, real estate and technology. Ellis is from Marietta, Ga., and has a bachelor’s degree in mass communication at the University of West Georgia. He previously worked at UTV-13 News, Carrollton, Ga., as a producer; at the The West Georgian, Carrollton, Ga., as editor; and at the Times-Georgian, Carrollton, ...