• Poplar Springs Baptist Church, 422 Poplar Springs Road, Ringgold, Ga.; noon-3 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 10; third annual Harvest of Hope offers new and used donated items such as Bibles, baby needs, food, men's, women's and children's clothing, dental and personal hygiene products, household paper products, tools, outdoor implements, toys and gifts, books, games and furnishings to community members in need; vision, hearing, breathing, height, weight, blood pressure, BMI and diagnostic blood work screenings also available from North Georgia Healthcare Center; free; www.harvest-hope.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, 615 McCallie Ave. (Brock 305); 6-8 p.m. Mondays, Nov. 5-Dec. 10; Hebrew course led by Dr. Reginald Lisemby offered for youth, college students and adults focuses on Hebrew alphabet, grammar, basic vocabulary and origins; $95 (includes book and compact disc); 425-4344 or email email@example.com.
• Brainerd United Methodist Church, 4315 Brainerd Road; 6-9 p.m. Friday and 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 10; First Things First presentation, "Secrets to Lasting Love"; free, including meals; preregistration necessary; 267-5383.
• Center Point Baptist Church, 118 Center Point Road, LaFayette, Ga.; 11 a.m. Sunday; concert by Charlotte Ritchie, soprano singer for the Nelons and vocalist for Jeff and Sheri Easter and Gaither Homecomings; free but love offering taken; 706-764-1733.
• Cityview Church of God, 1814 City View St., Dalton, Ga.; 11 a.m. Sunday, Nov. 11; gospel concert by Bonita Eileen; free; 706-226-6686 or www.bonitaeileen.com.
• Crosspointe Christian Centre, 2681 Underwood St., Dalton, Ga.; 7 p.m. Friday and 6 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 10; Voices Won 11th anniversary singing features Grammy Award nominee Karen Peck and New River, Greater Vision and the host Voices Won (all Friday) and Mark Bishop, the Nelons, the Crist Family and host Voices Won (all Saturday); dinner, concessions available; tickets $15 advance for either day or $25 for both days and available at Crosspointe Christian Centre, In Heaven's Name and Ryman Hall in Dalton, Jacob's Well in Calhoun and Sonshine Christian Books in Fort Oglethorpe, or $20 for either day at door; 706-218-8691 or www.voiceswon.com.
• Grace Baptist Church, 172 Robin Drive, Suck Creek, Tenn.; 11 a.m. Sunday; concert by Jim Ricketts and Crystle Elam; 775-2806; also at Bible Baptist Church, 2561 East Valley Road, Jasper, Tenn., 6 p.m. CST Sunday.
• Homeland Baptist Church, 472 Treadwell Road, Chatsworth, Ga.; 6:30 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 11; concert of funny to serious music, monologues, poems, sketches and mime by Trevor Thomas Drama Ministries; free but love offering taken; 706-517-9175 or http://www.trevorthomasdramaministries.com.
• Philadelphia Baptist Church, 1065 Pine Grove Road, Ringgold, Ga.; 6:30 p.m. Friday; weekly singing features The Noblemen Quartet and Ron Sample; 706-891-5683.
Clint Cooper is the faith editor and a staff writer for the Times Free Press Life section. He also has been an assistant sports editor and Metro staff writer for the newspaper. Prior to the merger between the Chattanooga Free Press and Chattanooga Times in 1999, he was sports news editor for the Chattanooga Free Press, where he was in charge of the day-to-day content of the section and the section’s design. Before becoming sports ...