The Tennessee Valley Authority is buttoning up its campgrounds for the winter, according to a news release.
TVA campgrounds that will close on Nov. 15 are:
• Cherokee Dam Campground — Cherokee Reservoir, Tenn.
• Douglas Dam Headwater Campground — Douglas Reservoir, Tenn.
• Foster Falls Campground — Marion County, Tenn.
• Melton Hill Dam Campground — Melton Hill Reservoir, Tenn.
• Barton Springs Campground — Normandy Reservoir, Tenn.
• Watauga Dam Tailwater Campground — Watauga Reservoir, Tenn.
• Mallard Creek Campground — Wheeler Reservoir, Ala.
• Wilson Dam Rockpile Campground — Wilson Reservoir, Ala.
TVA campgrounds that will close on Dec. 12 are:
• Douglas Dam Tailwater Campground — Douglas Reservoir, Tenn.
• Pickwick Dam Tailwater Campground — Pickwick Reservoir, Tenn.
Day-use recreation areas at dams are open year round for hiking, fishing, boating, picnicking, wildlife viewing and swimming.
For more information, call 800-882-5263 or visit www.tva.com/river/recreation.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right: