* Cadek Community Orchestra: UTC Fine Arts Center, corner of Vine and Palmetto streets, 3 p.m., free. The concert will feature Haydn's "Symphony No. 104 in D major," Edward Elgar's "Cello Concerto" with guest cellist Hannah Kuhn, and George Bizet's "L'Arlesienne Suite No. 1." 425-4601.
* Choral Arts of Chattanooga: Handel's "Messiah," St. Paul's Episcopal Church, 305 W. Seventh St., 4:30 p.m., $15 ages 12 and older, $5 for students with ID.
* Walker County Historical Society: Marsh House, 308 North Main St., LaFayette, Ga., 2:30 p.m. Visitors welcome. Program includes election of officers and discussion by Richard Gillis on "My Favorite Dozen Old Irons and their Stories." 706-764-2801.
* Choral Arts of Chattanooga: Handel's "Messiah," Broad Street United Methodist Church, 3873 Old Tasso Road, Cleveland, Tenn., 7:30 p.m., $15 ages 12 and older, $5 students with ID. 598-3274.
* Christmas on the Promenade: Southern Adventist University campus, on Taylor Circle in front of Wright Hall, Collegedale, 6:30 p.m., free. Annual tree lighting, caroling, music by college choral and instrumental groups. 236-2814.
* Senior Adult Bazaar: Marcella Center for the Arts and Education, 117 Washington Road, Sweetwater, Tenn. Noon bazaar followed by games from 1-4 p.m. 423-337-0075.
Susan Palmer Pierce is a reporter and columnist in the Life department. She began her journalism career as a summer employee 1972 for the News Free Press, typing bridal announcements and photo captions. She became a full-time employee in 1980, working her way up to feature writer, then special sections editor, then Lifestyle editor in 1995 until the merge of the NFP and Times in 1999. She was honored with the 2007 Chattanooga Woman of ...
related articles »
* Gun/knife show: Alhambra Shrine Temple, 1000 Alhambra Drive, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., $7, buy, sell or trade. 322-0855.
A concert by the Cadek Community Orchestra on Sunday, Nov. 25, will be conducted by graduate student Min-jeong Won, under ...
The UTC Music Department will present a program of “Songs and Dances,” featuring original music composed by three award-winning faculty ...
Monday night’s concert by the Chattanooga Symphony & Opera Youth Orchestras could be considered a lucky night for its youngest ...