Events and seminars
• Basic QuickBooks Workshop from 8 a.m. to noon Monday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, this step-by-step workshop walks attendees through the process of setting up business finances in QuickBooks. Fee: $95. Call 423-756-8668 to register.
• Government Contracting Workshops from 9 a.m. to noon Tuesday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. PTA 101 and 102 cover basic and advanced government contracting, respectively. Call 423-756-8668 to register.
• Ambassadors Luncheon from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at Niko's Southside Grill, 1200 Cowart St.
• Social Marketing Strategies from 9 to 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Presented by Clay Odom, the free seminar is hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center. Call 423-756-8668 to register.
• Ribbon Cutting for Belk Inc. from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at Belk Department Store, 101 Northgate Mall.
• MidTown Council Meeting from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Out of the Blue Café, 3230 Brainerd Road. Bruce Krebs of the Entrepreneur's Source will speak on "Learning How to Be Your Own Boss." Meetings cost $10.
• Destination: Germany -- Information Sessions at noon Thursday at the Chattanooga Chamber Board Room, 811 Broad St. The Chattanooga Chamber is launching a new program that will bring local businesspeople with an interest in international exploration on targeted journeys through countries that have a strong business presence in Chattanooga. Contact Sandra Brewer at sbrewer@ chattanoogachamber.com for more information.
• Small Business Orientation from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. The counselor discusses basic business planning including financial projections and legal entity. Call 423-756-8668 for more information.