Latter-day Saints adds building
• The South Pittsburg Branch of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints recently dedicated its new building in Kimball, Tenn.
The Main Street building includes a chapel for worship, educational classrooms and a multipurpose room where families, friends and the community can fellowship.
Substantial growth in recent years led to the need for the construction, officials said.
• Terra Vista Baptist Church, 4412 Oakwood Drive; 6 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 13; hot dog/chili supper benefits church's Nov. 10 Ladies Tea; $10 adults, $5 children 10-under; 892-3879 or 667-2706 or www.TerraVistaBaptist.org.
Blessing of the animals
• St. Paul Episcopal Church, 305 W. Seventh St.; 2 p.m. Sunday; furry, finned, scaled and feathered friends and those who care for them invited for annual celebration; 266-8195.
• St. Paul's Episcopal Church, 305 W. Seventh St.; 5:45 p.m. Friday, Oct. 26 and Saturday, Oct. 27; seven-session seminar on spiritual growth and inner healing through The Lord's Prayer led by author/teacher Rita Bennett, president of Christian Renewal Association; $50 per person, $80 per couple, including three meals (before Wednesday); $60 per person, $90 per couple, including three meals (after Wednesday); 266-8195, ext. 315, or 336-3278.
• GraceBridge Church of Christ, 6224 Airpark Drive; 9 a.m.-5 p.m. today; "Secrets to Lasting Love" presentation by First Things First on reconnecting and breathing life into marriage; registration deadline noon Thursday; 267-5383 or firstthings.org.
• One Accord Community Church, 343 Sweetland Drive, Red Bank; 7-9 p.m. Friday and 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 13; "The Art Of Marriage" conference led by pastor Ray Williams for married and single adults and those who want to assist others; www.oneaccordcommunitychurch.org.
• Brockdell Church of God, 10353 Brockdell Road, Pikeville, Tenn.; 2 p.m. CDT today; concert by Jim Ricketts and Crystle Elam; 775-2806; also at Shirley Baptist Church, 1833 Shirley Road, Armathwaite, Tenn., 11 a.m. CDT Sunday; Family Worship Center, 4547 Knoxville Highway, Oliver Springs, Tenn., 6 p.m. Sunday.
• Philadelphia Baptist Church, 1065 Pine Grove Road, Ringgold, Ga.; 6:30 p.m. Friday; weekly singing features Sacrifice Quartet and Simply Blessed; 706-891-5683.
• St. Paul's Episcopal Church, 305 W. Seventh St.; 4 p.m. Sunday; choral evensong features canticles by Thomas Attwood Walmisley and music by Baynon, Moe, Sanders, and White, with reception following; free but freewill offering will be taken for outreach ministries; 266-8195.
• The Chattanoogan, 1201 Broad St.; 7:30-9:30 a.m. Oct. 25; J103-sponsored annual Pastor Appreciation Breakfast features music by recording artist/worship leader Chris McDaniel and world champion finger guitarist Wesley Crider and message by former Philadelphia Eagles running back and now Greater Exodus Baptist Church pastor Dr. Herb Lusk; free but registration needed at www.revelationtickets.com.
• The Salvation Army Citadel Corps, 1019 N. Moore Road; 8 a.m.-2 p.m. today; community retreat focusing on the Beth Moore book "Loving Well," led by Teresa Norman of Mount Olive Ministries of Cleveland, Tenn.; free, including meals; 756-1023 or www.csarmy.org.
Clint Cooper is the faith editor and a staff writer for the Times Free Press Life section. He also has been an assistant sports editor and Metro staff writer for the newspaper. Prior to the merger between the Chattanooga Free Press and Chattanooga Times in 1999, he was sports news editor for the Chattanooga Free Press, where he was in charge of the day-to-day content of the section and the section’s design. Before becoming sports ...