A building serving as an adult shelter of 95th Street is viewed from behind the fenced playground P.S. 75 on Friday, Sept. 28, 2012 in New York. Neighborhood residents are in turmoil, saying they were blindsided by the suddenness of the shelter's opening, sharing the same block as the school. (AP Photo/Bebeto Matthews)Photo by Associated Press /Chattanooga Times Free Press.
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today (times in EDT):
1. EMBASSY OFFICIAL WARNED STATE DEPT. BEFORE LIBYA ATTACK
He is expected to tell a House panel at noon that he pleaded for more security before the ambassador and two others were killed.
2. HOW MEXICO LOST THE REMAINS OF A NOTORIOUS DRUG LORD
Gunmen in a hijacked hearse snatched the body of Heriberto Lazcano from a funeral home after the Zetas strongman was killed.
3. WHAT A MAN ARRESTED AT LAX WAS WEARING
Yongda Huang Harris was dressed in a bulletproof vest and fire-resistant pants when he was taken into custody on suspicion of transporting hazardous materials.
4. ROMNEY'S NEW CAMPAIGN SLOGAN
The line — "Clear eyes and full hearts — and America can't lose" — is a twist on the inspirational phrase from TV's "Friday Night Lights."
5. ANTI-MUSLIM FILMMAKER TO FACE QUESTIONS IN COURT
Mark Basseley Youssef must convince a judge at a 4 p.m. hearing that he did not violate his probation on a bank fraud violation.
6. WHO MOVED INTO NYC'S RICHEST NEIGHBORHOOD
A homeless shelter has opened on the Upper West Side, home to the wealthiest 1 percent of New Yorkers.
7. SUPREME COURT TAKES UP AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
A white Texan's lawsuit has justices reconsidering at 11 a.m. how much race should be a factor in college admissions.
8. WHY TOYOTA IS RECALLING 7.43 MILLION VEHICLES
More than a dozen models have a faulty power-window switch; an uneven application of grease can cause friction and sometimes smoke.
9. RUSSIAN FEMALE PUNK ROCK GROUP APPEAL SENTENCE FOR 'PUNK PRAYER'
"We didn't mean to offend anyone," Band member Maria Alekhina told a courtroom about their irreverent protest against the Russian president.
10. WHERE ALEX KARRAS IS SPENDING HIS FINAL DAYS
The 77-year-old former defensive tackle and actor returned home to be with his wife and children after suffering kidney failure.